Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:12 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
dimmsdale wrote:
Just got the email. Logging into the portal and THEN clicking another link to view the status letter was incredibly stressful, but it turns out I got in, so I just breathed the world's biggest sigh of relief. Basically spent the week completely miserable because I thought I blew the interview. Just to give the timeline:

Submitted: 1/15
Invited: 2/25
Interviewed: 3/5
Admitted: 3/12

DId you recieve your admission package yet? Just wondering if people who heard back last week have recieved the official letter?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
rockstarjane wrote:
dimmsdale wrote:
Just got the email. Logging into the portal and THEN clicking another link to view the status letter was incredibly stressful, but it turns out I got in, so I just breathed the world's biggest sigh of relief. Basically spent the week completely miserable because I thought I blew the interview. Just to give the timeline:

DId you recieve your admission package yet? Just wondering if people who heard back last week have recieved the official letter?

I got it 2 days later, but I am in NYC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
rockstarjane wrote:
dimmsdale wrote:

Yep, got it on Friday. Was pleasantly surprised to find out I'm getting some $$.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
longduration wrote:
rockstarjane wrote:
dimmsdale wrote:

I got it 2 days later, but I am in NYC.

Im in NYC too...havent recieved it yet though!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:
rockstarjane wrote:
dimmsdale wrote:

Yep, got it on Friday. Was pleasantly surprised to find out I'm getting some $$.

Thats great! congrats again :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
rockstarjane wrote:
dimmsdale wrote:

I live in DC -- took about 4 days to arrive from when Stern first called (called on Monday March 4; package arrived Friday March 8)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Just rec'd an interview invite via email today at 2:45PM EST- interview scheduled for early April on campus (FYI, I applied on January 15th for R2).

I hope to join those of you who have been accepted and have decided to attend Stern as a part of Stern MBA Class of 2015!

Originally posted by mrMBAnyc on 18 Mar 2013, 18:52.
Last edited by mrMBAnyc on 19 Mar 2013, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Is there any chance for internationals to receive Skype invite after the international hub? Submitted in Jan, and haven't heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
LiverpoolFC wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:

For Stern it makes sense for internationals to apply in R1 unless you are prepared to go to NY to interview. I don't think they are gonna come again in 2 months for R2.

Was the pattern similar to the on-campus interviews described on clearadmit and I am guessing it would have been with the adcom only, right?

Hi AJUnited,

I also had my interview in Delhi today afternoon, I am a R2 applicant who got an option to do an off-campus so I think they are doing both of them together.

One Question : How long was your interview :?: mine was pretty short (20 mins). I think it's a bad sign :( - coming all the way to India for a 20 min interview is something that does not make much sense

Hi Saurabh,

The questions were pretty standard (for my short interview/chat); Noting out of the ordinary at all

NOW THE WAIT.... :|

@LiverpoolFC your team sucks and we are the Champions elect (sorry had to start of with that). I just had my interview today morning and it went for about 30 minutes, but time flew by actually as we discussed Manchester United (I am a massive Red Devil fan and my interviewer used to follow the club a decade ago) for well over 10 minutes itself. Other than this the questions were all standard and nothing outside of what is described on clearadmit. I actually felt like there was so much more to talk about which we didn't cover in the interview and hence I agree to your point that 20-30 minutes seems less for interviewing here in India. But on the flip-side the interview is in-line with that outlined in the NYC campus and I feel they make it a point that no one is at an advantage/disadvantage if they interview off campus. He said the result is 3 weeks away, which seems like an awfully long time as people hear back after 1 week. Also, he said that the Pre-View is on the weekend of 19-21 April this year, and if I make it I would really want to go there to meet my new classmates. ATB to those who are awaiting to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
LiverpoolFC wrote:
AJUnited wrote:

For Stern it makes sense for internationals to apply in R1 unless you are prepared to go to NY to interview. I don't think they are gonna come again in 2 months for R2.

Hi AJUnited,

I also had my interview in Delhi today afternoon, I am a R2 applicant who got an option to do an off-campus so I think they are doing both of them together.

NOW THE WAIT.... :|

@LiverpoolFC your team sucks and we are the Champions elect (sorry had to start of with that). I just had my interview today morning and it went for about 30 minutes, but time flew by actually as we discussed Manchester United (I am a massive Red Devil fan and my interviewer used to follow the club a decade ago) for well over 10 minutes itself....

Yes I agree the current liverpool team is not upto the standards...I will not respond to your comment as your club's performance in England(do not want to bring a champions league comparison) for the last 20 years has earned the rights for its fans to trash talk about other teams. However here is some food for thought : Liverpool was the better team for 90 years (1900 to 1989 - most championships, never relegated (MU-Relegated in 1922, 1931, Last position in the second division in 1934....et al) but we never said that your team sucked(although the team did suck big time!!) :twisted: , so I really think that MU is a better team but liverpool just may have better fans :lol:

I know this is now a never ending debate so lets discuss Liverpool vs ManU in another forum or on PM...to keep this forum only for NYU

Hope to see you at the admit weekend
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
LiverpoolFC wrote:
AJUnited wrote:

@LiverpoolFC your team sucks and we are the Champions elect (sorry had to start of with that). I just had my interview today morning and it went for about 30 minutes, but time flew by actually as we discussed Manchester United (I am a massive Red Devil fan and my interviewer used to follow the club a decade ago) for well over 10 minutes itself....

Yes I agree the current liverpool team is not upto the standards...I will not respond to your comment as your club's performance in England(do not want to bring a champions league comparison) for the last 20 years has earned the rights for its fans to trash talk about other teams. However here is some food for thought : Liverpool was the better team for 90 years (1900 to 1989 - most championships, never relegated (MU-Relegated in 1922, 1931, Last position in the second division in 1934....et al) but we never said that your team sucked(although the team did suck big time!!) :twisted: , so I really think that MU is a better team but liverpool just may have better fans :lol:

I know this is now a never ending debate so lets discuss Liverpool vs ManU in another forum or on PM...to keep this forum only for NYU

Hope to see you at the admit weekend

@LiverpoolFC: I expected a Stern reply, as Scoucers never sit back when you push them to the floor and I also agree to keep the debate off this forum. But I don't agree that you were the best team for 90 years, as post-war (1950's) we were the best team in Britain and but for that night in Munich we would have had a lot of European Cups, and during the late 1960's we again reached the pinnacle.

But no more non-Stern talk on this forum. BTW any current Stern student who is a Red Devil fan? I am heading to the campus next week and it would be great to get to meet some other United fans there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:

Congrats! That's fast!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Generally how long does it take to get the result after the interview ?
The adcom said 3-4weeks, but it seems much shorter here.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
suting wrote:
Generally how long does it take to get the result after the interview ?
The adcom said 3-4weeks, but it seems much shorter here.

It can be up to 3-4 weeks. You can be lucky and hear back in 1-2 but it really depends.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
mrMBAnyc wrote:
Just rec'd an interview invite via email today at 2:45PM EST- interview scheduled for early April on campus (FYI, I applied on January 15th for R2).

I hope to join those of you who have been accepted and have decided to attend Stern as a part of Stern MBA Class of 2015!

Awesome congrats! There's still hope!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Indian candidate.. W/L without interview.. Can someone please share experience on how the NYU waitlist works?? How many usually get accepted from the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was also just wait listed today, but with an interview. Here are my dates:

01/15 - application submitted
02/13 - interview invitation
03/05 - interviewed
03/19 - wait listed

Anyone know the chances of getting accepted off of the wait list?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts