Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [6]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [5]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
AtaQuye wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:
Awarded the consortium fellowship at Stern!

Congrats Burgundy!

Question for you -- I received a fellowship upon admission from NYU Stern (on 03/04 before the "draft"), then found out I received the Consortium Fellowship this afternoon.

Do you know if these are one in the same? Or different? My admissions packet from a couple weeks ago mentioned that I was granted a full tuition scholarship but did not make any mention of receiving a Consortium Fellowship specifically, so I was curious if you were in a similar situation...

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you. I think they are different - Stern gave us money not the consortium. Today was about finding out if we were awarded Consortium fellowship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone know how WL work with the Consortium? I haven't heard anything about membership but have been WL to both McCombs and USC.

Is it possible to get into these schools, or any, without a membership? Or is the membership only important for the fellowship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
AtaQuye wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:

Congrats Burgundy!

Question for you -- I received a fellowship upon admission from NYU Stern (on 03/04 before the "draft"), then found out I received the Consortium Fellowship this afternoon.

Do you know if these are one in the same? Or different? My admissions packet from a couple weeks ago mentioned that I was granted a full tuition scholarship but did not make any mention of receiving a Consortium Fellowship specifically, so I was curious if you were in a similar situation...

Thanks!

I think we are in the same boat- I had an unnamed full tuition+fees merit-based fellowship before... and I believe that now converts into a named Consortium fellowship (same benefits).
:good
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
silvaware wrote:
Does anyone know how WL work with the Consortium? I haven't heard anything about membership but have been WL to both McCombs and USC.

Is it possible to get into these schools, or any, without a membership? Or is the membership only important for the fellowship?

Have you checked your status on the cgsm app site for your app decision status? https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplica ... sp?id=cgsm It is possible to get in to a Consortium school without being granted membership. For cgsm: 1) you must be a admitted to a member school 2) the consortium decides whether or not to grant you membership 3) the schools decide who, out of those members, they would like to grant a fellowship to. (Humm ok with that in mind... you may not have an update on the site regarding membership til you receive admission but I'm not clear on that)

As for being WL'd have you reached out to your schools to see if any additional info may be submitted to help get you off the WL? Some schools allow a 3rd recommender. It also may be good to update your resume if you've had changes (especially positive things like a promotion) or it can be useful to submit an additional short essay on why the school is the perfect fit for you.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
I believe Burgundy is correct. I was also named for 2 scholarships/fellowships. These are provided by and funded directly to the school. So I don't think you could be paid "additionally" for the second fellowship because they cover only tuition+fees, and you can't get charged or credited for double tuition.

The Consortium doesn't provide money. The schools which belong to the Consortium offer fellowships that cover their tuition along with membership into the Consoritum and all its benefits.

burgundy2015 wrote:
AtaQuye wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:

Congrats Burgundy!

Thanks!

I think we are in the same boat- I had an unnamed full tuition+fees merit-based fellowship before... and I believe that now converts into a named Consortium fellowship (same benefits).
:good
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RDeezy wrote:
I believe Burgundy is correct. I was also named for 2 scholarships/fellowships. These are provided by and funded directly to the school. So I don't think you could be paid "additionally" for the second fellowship because they cover only tuition+fees, and you can't get charged or credited for double tuition.

The Consortium doesn't provide money. The schools which belong to the Consortium offer fellowships that cover their tuition along with membership into the Consoritum and all its benefits.

But wouldn't it be nice we could take all extra fellowship $ in the form of cash?? 8-) :think: :drinking
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
burgundy2015 wrote:
RDeezy wrote:

But wouldn't it be nice we could take all extra fellowship $ in the form of cash?? 8-) :think: :drinking

If you can get double funding, feel free to pass some of that $$ my way ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
kawasaki wrote:
Congrats on getting the fellowship this year. Do you mind sharing what changed between the first time and second time? Was it GMAT? Ranking? I just received the membership and already feel so blessed but am trying to figure out if it makes sense to try to boost my scores and rank differently and try again. Any advice would be very appreciated!

=====================================================================================================
Congratulations on your admit and Consortium membership - please share your profile - it helps put things in perspective for others too.

Regarding what changed, yes I improved my GMAT score and also changed my ranking. I did not change my ranking because I felt it would help me, but I did because I truly connected to Johnson and the students. I strongly discourage trying to game the system, but rather finding the school that you connect with.

In my case, I had that flexibility and it made sense to have a do-over - I could wait that extra year and I also SACRIFICED a lot. If you have the flexibility, do it again, and have a solid game plan and be ready to articulate why you believe that waiting till next year is best for you.

The conclusion - do what you feel is best for you - for some that may be do over and others may be to do it now - it's your choice![/quote]

Thanks for all the very useful information! I just updated my profile and have some really tough decisions to make in the next few weeks before the Consortium deposit deadline. I feel like I need do so some more research about the consortium, the WL process and re-applicant process for Tuck, and attend the Johnson and Darden ASWs before making an informed decision. This forum has been so so helpful! You guys are all the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V44
Send PM
RDeezy wrote:

burgundy2015 wrote:

Congrats Burgundy!

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me guys. When I got the call I heard that I received a "Stern Fellowship" but today I heard that also received the CGSM Fellowship. Here's my question, in the Stern acceptance it says that it's a 2 year full-tuition fellowship. But the CGSM says it is a 1 year fellowship that can be renewed if you receive above a 3.0 GPA.

Anyone else notice that ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Krest19 wrote:
Same thing happened to me guys. When I got the call I heard that I received a "Stern Fellowship" but today I heard that also received the CGSM Fellowship. Here's my question, in the Stern acceptance it says that it's a 2 year full-tuition fellowship. But the CGSM says it is a 1 year fellowship that can be renewed if you receive above a 3.0 GPA.

Anyone else notice that ?

There was a URL on my fellowship info page under "Terms and Conditions." When I visited it, Stern had the same stipulation as the Consortium - "You must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
s8248 wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
s8248 wrote:
Just got the call from McCombs! :)

(Round 1 applicant)

Congratulations mate!!!

May I ask who called - student or adcom? and could you share your profile?

Work Experience: 3.5 years in tech consulting
College: 3.5 GPA in engineering from top state school
GMAT: 690
Demographics: Hispanic Female

As a note, I ranked UT 3rd (out of 3).

I got the call from Shelley Clifford (adcom).

Hello there - just curious - have you heard back from UT regarding scholarship info (assuming you did not get the fellowship)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I got the call from Shelley Clifford (adcom).[/quote]

Hello there - just curious - have you heard back from UT regarding scholarship info (assuming you did not get the fellowship)[/quote]

I checked with Shelley and she mentioned that we should be getting this information in the mid of March. I'll imagine we get notices any day from now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
"I would found an institution where any person can find instruction in any study."
Attachments

ezra_cornell.jpg
ezra_cornell.jpg [ 11.6 KiB | Viewed 3355 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
FYI for future years.

I ranked Tuck #1 and was admitted with a small merit scholarship, ranked Darden #2 and was admitted with the Consortium fellowship, and ranked Stern #3 and was waitlisted without interview. This might be wishful thinking, but I think Stern waitlisted me because I didn't show them enough love (I live within an hour of the school, and I only attended one event, which wasn't a class visit or a tour of the school). I also got an interview with HBS, but I wont know the outcome until March 27th (I'm throwing this in there because I think it adds to my wishful thinking regarding Stern).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
cole2012 wrote:
Re: our costs associated with OP, this is from last year's thread, details taken from the booklet that's being snail-mailed to us. Hope this holds true for this year.

-Flight to OP is covered up to $300 (you pay for any amount over $300)
-you have to pay enrollment deposit to your consortium school and that also registers you for OP
-OP lodging, registration & meals are covered you will have a same gender roommate
-transport to & from airport not covered
-OP is mandatory
-fellowship will be renewed for 2nd year unless not in good academic standing
-Acceptance of fellowship & rules must be signed & returned by April 15th

I confirmed all of the above info over the phone with the consortium today. Looking forward to meeting everyone in New Orleans!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Did they happen to tell you whether we need to book the flight using their travel agency or if we can book ourselves and get reimbursed?

RedSox88 wrote:
cole2012 wrote:
Re: our costs associated with OP, this is from last year's thread, details taken from the booklet that's being snail-mailed to us. Hope this holds true for this year.

-you have to pay enrollment deposit to your consortium school and that also registers you for OP
-OP lodging, registration & meals are covered you will have a same gender roommate
-OP is mandatory

I confirmed all of the above info over the phone with the consortium today. Looking forward to meeting everyone in New Orleans!
RedSox88 wrote:
cole2012 wrote:

-OP is mandatory

Is this just for fellows or members too?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts