Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:16 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 627 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GMAT 3: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT Date: 05-01-2013
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Re: First GMAT Attempt [#permalink]
how did you do JPD?? i took my 1st GMAT Prep practice test today and i am curious to find out how accurate it is!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TLS518 wrote:
how did you do JPD?? i took my 1st GMAT Prep practice test today and i am curious to find out how accurate it is!

Unfortunatley, I underperfomed... My score dropped 30 points for practice to real thing. I attribute it to nerves, and sleeping only 3 hours the night before. To top it off, I left for a 2 week vacation to south africa DIRECTLY FROM THE TEST CENTER, literally. So, clearly, my mind was elsewhere. Recheduled for may 18. Jumping back on the horse. Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
Hi All,

Long time lurker, finally posting for the first time. On Saturday, I will be attempting the GMAT for the first time. Last week, I took a GMAT Prep Test and scored a 650 (Q43 V37). My question is, what has been everyones experience with regards to how closely their actual score mimics their most recent GMAT Prep practice test? Has anyone scored substantially higher on the real thing? Lower?

Best,

JPD

Mine was substantially lower than the GMAT prep tests - scored 710 and 720 in gmat prep but scored 650 in the actual test that I gave yesterday.. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT Date: 05-01-2013
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
TLS518 wrote:

Unfortunatley, I underperfomed... My score dropped 30 points for practice to real thing. I attribute it to nerves, and sleeping only 3 hours the night before. To top it off, I left for a 2 week vacation to south africa DIRECTLY FROM THE TEST CENTER, literally. So, clearly, my mind was elsewhere. Recheduled for may 18. Jumping back on the horse. Wish me luck!

sorry to hear that, but a 620 isn't bad!! especially if you were running on 3 hours of sleep and you were about to leave the country!! i don't even know how you sat through the exam! i am scheduled for May 1st...good luck on your next go-around! may 18th is my birthday :) keep us posted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Are you guys talking about the GMATprep Software Pack 1? not the free version right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
rakeshd347 wrote:
techfried wrote:
Are you guys talking about the GMATprep Software Pack 1? not the free version right?

Gmat prep software is free and it gives you 2 test for free.
you can download it here:

I downloaded from here itself. They have big question bank there.

Please KUDOS if my post helps.

Yes I've tried that and I also bought the Software Pack 1 which has around 404 questions I think. Do you guys think I'll be able to do good in the test if i do all the questions from the software pack 1. I used the gmat official guide 13th edition for preparation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5417 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
techfried wrote:
rakeshd347 wrote:
techfried wrote:

Gmat prep software is free and it gives you 2 test for free.
you can download it here:

I downloaded from here itself. They have big question bank there.

Please KUDOS if my post helps.

Yes I've tried that and I also bought the Software Pack 1 which has around 404 questions I think. Do you guys think I'll be able to do good in the test if i do all the questions from the software pack 1. I used the gmat official guide 13th edition for preparation.

Hi techfried,

If you understand these questions along with the OG ones you are good to go for the GMAT. The key word here is "understand"; you need to understand why an answer choice in incorrect/ correct and the error patterns tested. Question pack by GMAC is a great value add to ones preparation as this resource contains real GMAT questions, which are impossible to get from other resources. In my preparation I did not study from the question pack 1, but I extensively analyzed the questions from GMAT Prep, OGs and Verbal and Quant review books. The important thing to keep in mind is that by simply attempting the questions one would not gain much and increase his/ her overall score. One has to dive deep and get the most out of each and every question.

To sum up - you will surely gain a lot and do really well by "understanding" these questions along with the ones from OG.

Hope this helps,

Vercules
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Machici-

I am praying to have a similar experience. I am retaking the gmat next week, and got a 700 on the last 2 gmat prep tests I have gotten. Need that 7 handle!!!!

machichi wrote:
For me it was creepily accurate. I got the exact same score and breakdown as I'd gotten in two iterations of the GMAT prep the past week!
GMAT Club Bot