Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:03 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
fscon wrote:
Has anyone received their interviewer information? How do you guys plan to schedule the interviews? Reach out to interviewers immediately or buy yourself some time, say a couple of days, until you know you're well prepared? I have heard of cases when interviewers replied immediately saying they could meet right away as they were embarking on a business trip the next day. How do you guys plan to deal with such situations? Just wanted to take thoughts. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything yet with regards to interviewers. I plan on doing it as soon as possible. I'll interview this afternoon if someone calls me. I'm very eager to have the whole process sewn up. I figure we have all got better than a 60 percent chance of acceptance at this point, so I just want to roll the dice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChickenTikka wrote:
I haven't heard anything yet with regards to interviewers. I plan on doing it as soon as possible. I'll interview this afternoon if someone calls me. I'm very eager to have the whole process sewn up. I figure we have all got better than a 60 percent chance of acceptance at this point

How did you figure out this? Is it for everyone invited or for specific demographic group?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:
I haven't heard anything yet with regards to interviewers. I plan on doing it as soon as possible. I'll interview this afternoon if someone calls me. I'm very eager to have the whole process sewn up. I figure we have all got better than a 60 percent chance of acceptance at this point

How did you figure out this? Is it for everyone invited or for specific demographic group?

That's for everyone interviewing on average in R1 (not looking at any one candidate's or groups odds). It's a guess. I'm almost certain that our odds are better than 50 percent. They could be as high as 70. 60 is my best estimate.

This is based on data that I've observed on this forum over the past few cycles and also based on statements made by admissions people elsewhere on the internet. Right now, I'm pretty sure that we've got something better than a coin flip, which isn't bad. It's still an estimate though, so don't place too much importance on my statement.

Trying to estimate how we do on individual levels is tough. It depends on how they weight their criteria. The best group to be in, if there is one, would probably be women. I think if you are being interviewed and and female your odds are probably higher. Elsewhere on the internet, they have singled out women as the group that they need to recruit the most as they would like to push their m/f ratio closer to parity. This is a challenge that all b-schools face. Other than that, I don't think they are necessarily having much difficulty finding candidates from any one location. Sure some groups are overrepresented, such as Indians, but they don't seem to mind that. INSEAD seems very keen to evaluate us as individuals, not on the characteristics of our race, which is great. This was precisely the reason that I applied to INSEAD
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has anyone heard from SH with interviewer details? I got my interview selection email from her a week back and still haven't received any communication after.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Nope still no reply from SH either . I think today is a holiday so we won't hear anything before tomorrow . @devikasethi87 where are you based ?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
joey88 wrote:
Nope still no reply from SH either . I think today is a holiday so we won't hear anything before tomorrow . @devikasethi87 where are you based ?

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah, me too. Still waiting. We need to be patient as she said in the email

Look at it this way, we know that last week she was busy a) deciding who was moving on and who wasn't b) getting emails out for interview notifications to us and rejections to the unfortunate. She only probably got to C) notifying interviewing alumni at the earliest on Friday, if that. Today being a public holiday she is not in the office. Therefore, I think some of us might hear tomorrow, but that assumes that she got to notifying alumni last week which we do not have any indication of. We do know that she's had some time to think about who is situated where relative to alumni and that is it.

Who's still excited? I am.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:
Has anyone received their interviewer information? How do you guys plan to schedule the interviews? Reach out to interviewers immediately or buy yourself some time, say a couple of days, until you know you're well prepared? I have heard of cases when interviewers replied immediately saying they could meet right away as they were embarking on a business trip the next day. How do you guys plan to deal with such situations? Just wanted to take thoughts. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything yet with regards to interviewers. I plan on doing it as soon as possible. I'll interview this afternoon if someone calls me. I'm very eager to have the whole process sewn up. I figure we have all got better than a 60 percent chance of acceptance at this point, so I just want to roll the dice.

actually its closer to 70%..a frnd of mine who is presently @ INSEAD ferreted this info frm the adcom office:):)

hence my excitement:):)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
riseNshine wrote:

actually its closer to 70%..a frnd of mine who is presently @ INSEAD ferreted this info frm the adcom office:):)

:-D woohooo

Yeah, I hope you're right. The sample size we have on this site isn't very large and subject to all sorts of biases. 70 does seem possible though based on the numbers. I've read online in a 2003 interview that it is around 70 percent. But that was 2003. I also read an MBA consultant saying that it is around 50. The numbers here seem to imply something greater than 60.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
riseNshine wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:

quit yanking my chain bro
Manager
Manager
Send PM
70% is exciting for 2 reasons:
1) 70% makes it relatively easy to get through. but we've done a great job doing gmat, polishing the essays, etc
2) if you happen to be in that 30%, that would be really frustrating
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
1) 70% makes it relatively easy to get through. but we've done a great job doing gmat, polishing the essays, etc

No kidding. This month of waiting will be terrible. To then cap it off with a wait list would be just excruciating. Looks like they don't reject many after the interview. It appears that they wait list most of those they don't accept.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I haven't heard anything yet with regards to interviewers. I plan on doing it as soon as possible. I'll interview this afternoon if someone calls me. I'm very eager to have the whole process sewn up. I figure we have all got better than a 60 percent chance of acceptance at this point, so I just want to roll the dice.[/quote]

hence my excitement:):)[/quote]

quit yanking my chain bro[/quote]

smoke up:)will calm u down:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:

look at the bright side dude!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
to hedge my future utility i am currently accepting bets on me being admitted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nomepreocupes wrote:

odds?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nomepreocupes wrote:

That's a great idea. I love derivatives. I'd like to lock in some sort of contract to cover it.

I would pay 15k to get my admit today rather than wait a month and have a 70 percent chance. I think B-schools should offer such schemes. It could be a good way for them to lock in their CFs and enhance their returns.

Originally posted by ChickenTikka on 20 May 2013, 08:02.
Last edited by ChickenTikka on 20 May 2013, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
riseNshine wrote:
nomepreocupes wrote:

odds?

1.45 sounds about right for a 70% event?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts