Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 01:53 It is currently 08 May 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
EssaySnark - thanks for your reply. My recommender is more than willing to write letters for me. He called me and expressed concern that he is not getting close to the 500 word limit though he has provided enough examples to substantiate his opinions about me. He said, he covered the answer of the second and third question in around 300 words. I started to get worried because I am not sure below how many words will the letter end up looking too thin in the eyes of the adcom.
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@ashwinkumar1996, 300 words is a couple solid paragraphs and especially for Wharton's second two recommender's questions, that might be fine.

It's great that your recommender is being so diligent as to ask you for clarification on it!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Well, it is official. I'm in for Round 1. Pushed the submit button today! I still don't think I'm the best applicant for the school, but I gave it my best.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hamm0, did you have any problems with stuff cutting off when you viewed the PDF?

This is really bothering me and I can't find a solution anywhere.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
smp5000 wrote:
Hamm0, did you have any problems with stuff cutting off when you viewed the PDF?

This is really bothering me and I can't find a solution anywhere.

Posted from my mobile device

Fortunately, no. I would email the adcom, though? Sorry I can't be more help!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Question about WHarton reco. My recommender mentioned that there is a box " additional commentary to support the scores above (limit 1000 words)" and then the three recommendation questions. Is that additional commentary optional? He said he has covered all the points in the answers to the three recommendation questions, he was unsure what to put in this "additional commentary" box. Any idea?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
Well, it is official. I'm in for Round 1. Pushed the submit button today! I still don't think I'm the best applicant for the school, but I gave it my best.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats Hamm0! I feel the same but we can put our best foot forwards and hope for the best.

@randomdude123 - it's probably best to not leave it empty. However that being said if your recommender has covered all points through the other questions, it can be brief. I know my recommenders found it pretty tough to write 500 words per question in addition to the 1000 characters!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
you guys wrote about your college internships in the employment section, right? There is a specific field that says type of work experience: PT/FT/Work experience during college.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
you guys wrote about your college internships in the employment section, right? There is a specific field that says type of work experience: PT/FT/Work experience during college.

Yup, I put internships and other meaningful work experience during college.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys any idea about this?

Question about WHarton reco. My recommender mentioned that there is a box " additional commentary to support the scores above (limit 1000 words)" and then the three recommendation questions. Is that additional commentary optional? He said he has covered all the points in the answers to the three recommendation questions, he was unsure what to put in this "additional commentary" box. Any idea?
Send PM
randomdude123 wrote:
Guys any idea about this?

@randomdude123, the main questions that Wharton asks recommenders to discuss in the letter are really quite different from the qualities that they want the applicant ranked on. These are separate requests that the adcom is making of the recommender; they want a response in each section.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
essaysnark - so you are saying that they have to write an essay for the rankings they made and answer the three questions provided later? Isn't that too much to cover? Moreover, when I googled Wharton recommendation letters, I got only those three questions while none of the website spoke about the additional commentary section. Can you kindly provide more insights/opinions.
Send PM
randomdude123 wrote:
essaysnark - so you are saying that they have to write an essay for the rankings they made and answer the three questions provided later? Isn't that too much to cover? Moreover, when I googled Wharton recommendation letters, I got only those three questions while none of the website spoke about the additional commentary section. Can you kindly provide more insights/opinions.
The schools do not publish all the questions that they ask of the recommenders; applicants aren't actually supposed to be too involved in that, it's for the recommenders to handle. Many schools have other prompts and sections in the recommendation forms than they publish on their sites.

Wharton is not asking for an "essay"; they simply want the recommender to elaborate on how they have answered the questions on the form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you essaysnark. I really appreciate your help. I just called Wharton and they said that even if the recommendation letters are not submitted before time tomorrow, I will still be considered for R1. That is a great news for me as my recommender is not in the country and he might be traveling tomorrow. This is an FYI for other applicants too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Submitted! Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
randomdude123 wrote:
Thank you essaysnark. I really appreciate your help. I just called Wharton and they said that even if the recommendation letters are not submitted before time tomorrow, I will still be considered for R1. That is a great news for me as my recommender is not in the country and he might be traveling tomorrow. This is an FYI for other applicants too.

Hi randomdude,

do you have an idea of how much time would Wharton wait the Recommendation Letter after tomorrow?

For example, I know that Booth will wait 7 additional days. If they dont submit the letters before that, you are considered for R2.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
juancito05 - I didnt ask for a specific number. The person on the phone said that they will collect all the materials of the applicants and by then if they didnt get the recommendation, they will submit a reminder to the applicants. I am not sure how long they will wait after that intimation email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts