Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Darden School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
I have a quick question on completing the online application.
Besides the Optional Essay, the page 11 of the online application asks to upload any document related to 'Additional Information'. I am wondering what are things that qualify for Additional information besides something that one can mention in Optional essay.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
amitkpandey wrote:
I have a quick question on completing the online application.
Besides the Optional Essay, the page 11 of the online application asks to upload any document related to 'Additional Information'. I am wondering what are things that qualify for Additional information besides something that one can mention in Optional essay.
Thanks

if your additional essay points to a powerpoint presentation or needs an attachment like a certificate for a one off course or a specific achievement etc maybe then that's what it can be used for.... can't think of anything else... also don't feel pressured to write the additional essay just for the sake of doing so...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
So fellow round 1-ers..what are you doing to pass the time? 5 weeks to go, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
essen1976 wrote:
Does Ross waitlist without interview ?

Looks like it. https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions ... rcise.html

"If you did not receive an invitation to interview, you may be waitlisted or, unfortunately, denied admission. We want to ensure that all applications are thoroughly reviewed before making final decisions on denying a prospective student, so we do not send an early release of deny decisions. Candidates waitlisted in Round 1 may be invited to interview in Round 2."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hey all, I would like to get your insight on my profile and whether my school choices are within range. ?
What are my chances if I apply for R2 with my current profile ?
GMAT -710
GPA- 8.4/10
Work Ex - 3yrs Senior softwre Developer at Oracle
Graduate from one of the top 10 univ in india .
pluss Good career progress , back to back promotions, client awards , domestic awards , excellent extra-curriculars during under-graduation college (sports, led a college association). Working on High-Tech and rare business technology.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
ishancrazee wrote:
Hey all, I would like to get your insight on my profile and whether my school choices are within range. ?
What are my chances if I apply for R2 with my current profile ?
GMAT -710
GPA- 8.4/10
Work Ex - 3yrs Senior softwre Developer at Oracle
Graduate from one of the top 10 univ in india .
pluss Good career progress , back to back promotions, client awards , domestic awards , excellent extra-curriculars during under-graduation college (sports, led a college association). Working on High-Tech and rare business technology.

if you are applying this year make sure you have enough time for your college research and to get all you app stuff together. You have a good profile so you'll be good to go once you are sure where you want to go.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Guys,

Here is an interesting video of Soojin Kwon - Ross Admission Director

Five Things You Need To Know About Career Opportunities For Ross MBAs

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZI_nGLpCMY[/youtube]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
So fellow round 1-ers..what are you doing to pass the time? 5 weeks to go, right?

Luckily, the other applications are keeping me busy. Not getting an invite from Ross (my only R1 school) definitely made me kick up the intensity a notch for my other applications. If I get WL and interviewed later, great, but if I get dinged, hey, I have a bunch of other schools I can still get into.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
hey does anyone know whether Ross will give calls to people who have been accepted before the deadline date of December 18th? or is everyone notified on the day itself? I know for certain that Kellogg calls people before the deadline day which is also the 18th
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
FROM Ross(Michigan) Admissions Blog: Ross (as in Stephen M.) Gives Back, Again
If you are regular reader of my blog, you know that I don’t typically write about happenings around the school since our website and student bloggers provide that information. But when something historic happens here, I’d be remiss not to mention it. With great pride and excitement, the Ross community gathered at 7:30am on Wednesday, September 4 to celebrate the $200 million gift to the University of Michigan from real estate developer and alumnus Stephen M. Ross. The Ross School and U-M Athletics will each receive $100 million. This is in addition to the $100 million he gave in 2004,...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM Ross(Michigan) Admissions Blog: Wrapping up travel and gearing up for the team-based exercise
Greetings from San Francisco! I’m here for a Ross alumni and prospective student event with Professor Scott DeRue, who shared leadership and teamwork lessons from his journey to the top of Mt. Everest this summer. DeRue is a Professor in our Management & Organizations department and the Director of the Ross Leadership Initiative. Next, I’m headed to Seattle for our final joint school admissions panel and networking reception in the U.S. Associate Director Taya Sapp is in Moscow and Istanbul (not at the same time, of course) for joint school events there, and Senior Associate Director Diana Economy will be...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM Ross(Michigan) Admissions Blog: Join me in SF, NY or Chicago + more on the Team Exercise
I’m gearing up for another trip next week (October 21 – 25). This time, I’m heading to San Francisco, New York and Chicago in conjunction with Professional Development Week, during which students venture to the Bay Area, New York and a few cities in between to meet with recruiters and alumni working at companies they’re interested in joining. I’ll be hosting receptions in each of those cities for prospective students to meet local Ross alumni. (See our off-campus events page to register for one of our upcoming events). Meanwhile, Senior Associate Director Diana Economy is in India this week for...
Send PM
FROM Ross(Michigan) Admissions Blog: Strong Interest in Team Exercise
“I ___-ed the team exercise.” This is the question I asked one table of team exercise participants to answer over lunch, after the exercise was completed. Here are some of the responses I got: “I enjoyed the team exercise.” “I was surprised by what my team came up with for the team exercise.” “We dominated the team exercise.” I also asked if they had any advice I should share on my blog today. They said, ”Believe Soojin’s video when she says not to prepare. You can’t and don’t need to prepare.” We launched the team exercise portion of the Ross...
Send PM
FROM Ross(Michigan) Admissions Blog: New Video About Career Opportunities for Ross MBAs
Yesterday I shared some information about the reaction some candidates are having to our group exercise (hint: they like it!). Today, I wanted to follow up with a new vlog that outlines a few points I think you’ll find interesting about the career opportunities awaiting Ross MBA students. Check it out and let me know in the comments what you’d like to see me talk about in future videos. Links mentioned in video can be found here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Did anybody do the on campus interviews? And if you did, who did you interview with? I interviewed on campus with a 2nd year student and she was pretty brutal with me. I want to see how everyone else did with on campus interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
eddyt1225 wrote:
Did anybody do the on campus interviews? And if you did, who did you interview with? I interviewed on campus with a 2nd year student and she was pretty brutal with me. I want to see how everyone else did with on campus interviews.

You can check out my debrief on my blog (look below). I interviewed with a 2nd year, and thought it went OK. I left a little on the table since I never got a question I was expecting, so I had been pulling my punches a bit...but oh well. I did not feel that my interviewer was "brutal with me", but it certainly wasn't the most cordial interview I have had either.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
eddyt1225 wrote:

You can check out my debrief on my blog (look below). I interviewed with a 2nd year, and thought it went OK. I left a little on the table since I never got a question I was expecting, so I had been pulling my punches a bit...but oh well. I did not feel that my interviewer was "brutal with me", but it certainly wasn't the most cordial interview I have had either.

Same here.
I interviewed off-campus with an alumnus who just graduated this year.
Seems he did not have so many experience in interviewing... Sure, I would not say that he was "brutal" because he was nice indeed, but it was definitely not the best interview experience I had with other schools in same pier...

Anyway, it does not affect me the mood to expect the offer from Ross...

Good luck to everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts