Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:38 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Kudos
Melania wrote:
dcr wrote:

- Derrick recommended to submit your application after all three recommendations are submitted (assuming you will still meet the deadline). This will "give you control" in case you need to send a reminder to or delete a recommender altogether

I have a problem with the last recommendation and pretty much in a desperate mode. Does Stanford allows for one recommendation to arrive with a slight delay after the deadline? I'm very worried that all my hard work will be gone because of one recommendation :cry: :(

Thank you, folks and good luck to everyone!

Yeah, it can be tough, but you need to switch your mind set a little bit. Feeling your recommender is in control may actually make you helpless. The fact is this: you are in control. If your recommender is proving stubborn, get another one ASAP. There is one person, at least, out there who will care about you enough to do a crash program on your recommendation. Find them!

I had a little panic attack about it a few days ago until I realized that part of getting into business school is testing your ability to get things done, even if you need to depend on others to get them done for you.

Here's my panic blog post about recommenders: https://knightmba.wordpress.com/2013/12/ ... deadlines/

Hope it helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
yepgirlnope wrote:
theMiLoSupreme wrote:
I have to ask, no FB group for class of 2016 yet or just that I haven't found it?

Hey - there is a FB group. Called Stanford GSB MBA Class of 2016. It was organized and is administered by the school. There was info about it in some of the information that was sent out to admitted students.

So, have you made a decision about where to go yet? :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.9
WE:Human Resources (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Submitted for R2. Good luck all R2 applicants

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
In for round 2-quite hopeful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Guessing interview invites will start around end of January for R2 ?

Good luck everyone ! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
fusilero wrote:
Guessing interview invites will start around end of January for R2 ?

Good luck everyone ! :)

Yes - according to last year's thread and the Stanford website that sounds about right:

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... interviews

The huge interview invite window makes its incredibly stressful. Best not to think about it too much and just go about your daily routine of being awesome.

Here we go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys!

Just submitted mine, but on the confirmation the time appears 5:44 PM EST, what is disturbing, because Stanford mentions PST as the time zone for reference.

Round 2 deadline is not over yet, right?

Thanks! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Just submitted here too. That was starting to get close!

That completes my applications for Round Two. Nothing else to do but get some rest and wait for the interview invitations!

I think we all know there is an element of luck involved so keep your fingers crossed and your heads held high.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.84
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
I, too, made a $275 nondeductible contribution to Stanford. :wink:

Good luck, all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
My last recommender just made it to the finish line, whew!

Good luck everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
Well done! Managing recommenders is quite a big deal. ;)

phlaym39 wrote:
My last recommender just made it to the finish line, whew!

Good luck everyone

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
i submitted too (= work till 5am my time, really exhausted...
just relax and wait now... what do you guys plan to do? preparing for interview or wait till you get the invitation then only prepare for interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
zlaugh wrote:
i submitted too (= work till 5am my time, really exhausted...
just relax and wait now... what do you guys plan to do? preparing for interview or wait till you get the invitation then only prepare for interview?

Depending how many applications you've made, preparing for interview before you get an invite is going to be exhausting!

In general, only 20% of applicants get interviewed by any given school. A lot of great candidates get dinged without interview. Plus, having already had an interview in R1, I think you can overprepare for these things and end up overfocused on what you should say, and come across as someone who is reading a script.

By all means, keep on top of WSJ, FT and other relevant newspapers and news about the school(s). But I will also try to relax (there are at least 3-4 weeks before anyone will get an interview) and accept the fact that there will be a 'curve ball' question in there somewhere.

I am waiting to hear from a few schools so I will certainly feel a lot better when I get at least one invite! (Oops, there comes the paranoia again!).
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
FROM Stanford Admissions Blog: Solving Environmental Problems Through Interdisciplinary Study
Addressing challenges in today's complex world often requires expertise in multiple academic disciplines. Around 20% of our MBA students are pursuing a joint or dual degree. One of these is the MS in Environment and Resources/MBA. This joint degree integrates knowledge from the MBA curriculum with a background in the science, engineering, and technology that underlie environmental problems.

At the end of the fall quarter, our MBA/MS students presented Capstone Projects that showcase interdisciplinary knowledge being applied to current issues. The Feigenbaum-Nii Foundation Prize is awarded each quarter to the student or group of students whose project demonstrates interdisciplinary excellence.

This quarter's MBA/MS Capstone Projects showed a broad range of exploration. Projects considered problems around the world from Brazil to Russia to the U.S. They also crossed sectors and industries addressing issues in policy, agriculture, hospitality, construction, and retail, to name a few. Over half of the nine projects presented solutions through entrepreneurial products or services developed by the students themselves.

Congratulations to Marc Manara MBA '13, Kerem Alper MBA '13, and Mark Wittman MBA '13, who were awarded the Feigenbaum-Nii Foundation Prize for their project! The team contrasted the carbon emission impact of their organic food delivery service, Kincao, with the potential environmental impact of running a brick and mortar alternative. The team concluded that their startup, which has delivered over 4000 meals since launching four months ago, saves tens of thousands of vehicle miles.

Professor Feigenbaum with MS in Environment and Resources/MBA students.

The full list of capstone projects and participants is available online here.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
3rd February - 4th March for interview invitations (R2) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
fusilero wrote:
3rd February - 4th March for interview invitations (R2) :)

This is interesting...so we'll find out about dings by March 4th!

This means they will have read through all R2 applications by March 4th (probably February 25th, based on that email). I'm glad they are doing this...I may try to meet more R3 deadlines if I don't hear by then.

Good luck everyone!
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
FROM Stanford Admissions Blog: Round 2 Interview Timeline
The Stanford MBA Round 2 application deadline just passed (8 January), and we are hard at work preparing applications for review. If you submitted an application, we look forward to learning more about you. If not, we hope you'll apply in Round 3.

In Round 1, we piloted a new interview process. We compressed the interview timeline to 4 weeks, and notified applicants who were not admitted sooner. This pilot was in response to applicants' feedback that if the answer is a definite "no," you'd rather know earlier to save you from spending months obsessively refreshing your email and calculating your odds as well as to give you more time to work on applications for other schools. Since the pilot was successful in Round 1, we will continue with a similar timeline for Round 2. Interview invitations will be issued from 3 February through 4 March only. We will send no invitations before 3 February or after 4 March. We expect to issue the majority of invitations by 25 February.

Waiting is no fun, we know that. Our hope is that having some certainty around the timing of interviews will help make the period before notification day easier.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts