Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 19:31 It is currently 06 May 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Rotman vs Sauder vs Weatherhead ($)

83% [5]
0% [0]
16% [1]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Rotman vs Sauder vs Weatherhead ($) [#permalink]
mistablair wrote:
I would take Rotman. You get a loan. You get a visa. You live in a huge multicultural city. I checked out the facility, it is brand new and very nice. Great professors. If you want to work in the USA, it probably will not be great for you, but if you want to move to North America and work in Toronto, you are set.

I totally agree with you. And I do prefer Canada than the US in the short term, so I guess Rotman should be the best choice.
Current Student
Send PM
westsidah408 wrote:
Have you spoken to anyone from the current student body in clubs or recruiting for the positions you are interested in or recent alums in those roles? They will give you a much better idea of where each school stands. Sauder seems to have decent placement in hi-tech and Rotman should be doing good in Toronto. I have no idea about Case Western, though it might make sense to have less of a financial burden.

If immediate role post-MBA is the most important aspect of your decision, then dig deeper. Talk to students and alums, career centres, recruiters if you can etc.

Thanks a lot for this input. I think doing this kind of a background research is very important indeed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Congratulations on getting admits from Rotman,Sauder and Weatherhead. For a transition in the e-commerce,tech or consumer goods industry, Sauder would be the best schoice. Though Rotman is the higher ranked school among the three, Rotman has a high percentage of students getting into Financial services and Consulting industries. Weatherhead on the other hand, has higher percentage of students getting into manufacturing and consulting sector. Though, Weatherhead is providing you with a 50% scholarship and Rotman is the higher ranked school, I would suggest you to overlook these and head to Sauder.

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Current Student
Send PM
InterviewBay2 wrote:
Congratulations on getting admits from Rotman,Sauder and Weatherhead. For a transition in the e-commerce,tech or consumer goods industry, Sauder would be the best schoice. Though Rotman is the higher ranked school among the three, Rotman has a high percentage of students getting into Financial services and Consulting industries. Weatherhead on the other hand, has higher percentage of students getting into manufacturing and consulting sector. Though, Weatherhead is providing you with a 50% scholarship and Rotman is the higher ranked school, I would suggest you to overlook these and head to Sauder.

Good Luck!
https://www.interviewbay.com

I applied to Sauder specifically for its Product and Service Management track which fits me perfectly, but Rotman has the attraction of the 3 year work permit after graduation. Do you know if its really an issue for an International student? So if Rotman is giving the work permit, then is it doing the students a great favor because its very difficult to get a work permit for international students?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
You should qualify for the work permit from Sauder as well. My understanding is that if you do a 2-year graduate program in Canada, you qualify for the work permit.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts