Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 08:47 It is currently 20 May 2024, 08:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  62   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
How about the others who've applied for Jan 2015? Anyone heard back on confirmations/interviews (might be too soon)? It's so quiet here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
How about the others who've applied for Jan 2015? Anyone heard back on confirmations/interviews (might be too soon)? It's so quiet here!

Well - The deadline was on the 21st March (plus the week for the recommendations). I guess the latest we find out is the 25th April. So we have about 3 weeks to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
anuprajan2958 wrote:
Well - The deadline was on the 21st March (plus the week for the recommendations). I guess the latest we find out is the 25th April. So we have about 3 weeks to go.

Guys from Jan2014 intake got first invitations on the 25th and their deadline was the 1st of April. So I hope we will hear something on the 15th of April already
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Ive got a confirmation email from JS. Was sitting in my Spam folder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Kudos
aal286 wrote:
brobeedle wrote:

I just submitted my application for round 1. Think about it this way. If they really wanted to know why mba/why insead/career goals, they would've asked that. they did ask that in previous years, but have kept it out this year - i think theres a reason for that. they want to know you as a person, and know who you really are and what drives you. i'm sure INSEAD knows you absolutely love the school and would do anything to attend. they made the change so that they can hear more real and authentic stories, as opposed to random name dropping and "i love INSEAD because...."

just my 2 cents. i haven't been invited to interview or anything yet, but I honestly think if they didn't ask those questions, they don't want to know. The only one area I would focus on is Career Goals - try to incorporate that somewhere in your essays. You can even get your recommender to talk about these areas, if you absolutely cannot fit them anywhere in your essays.

fingers crossed :D

I agree that INSEAD most likely wants to see more personal and interesting essays and moved away from the "why MBA/why INSEAD" question because most candidates were essentially saying the same thing (extolling the virtues of INSEAD's diverse student base, etc.) I'm pretty sure the topic will still come up in the interviews though.

Hey,

I am a 15'J admit at INSEAD. I can vouch for what aal286 said. Both my interviews lasted for more than an hour each and the interviewers were primarily focused on getting to know my career goals, need for an MBA and rational behind going to INSEAD.

So, my two cents would be to answer the questions at hand.

Send me a PM if you need help with anything specific.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi all!

Please help to decide. I've just successfully finished my GMAT mission and haven't even begun to prepare my Insead J2015 application. Assuming that I should waste some time preparing for TOEFL, what do you think about 3 months period until 3rd round deadline? Is it comfort time period for preparing the application? Will I have my chances severely reduced because it's the last round?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Hey guys ... does Insead usually send out interview requests and admission decisions specifically on the date mentioned on their website or is it a rolling process?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Pashya wrote:
Hey guys ... does Insead usually send out interview requests and admission decisions specifically on the date mentioned on their website or is it a rolling process?

you'll get it before the date, exactly when or in what manner is dependent on your AC.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
Send PM
Just for those who are wondering when do they send out invitations for R1 applicants - I got my interview invitation already on Monday. Did not expect it so fast, but it was a nice surprise. My interviewers were communicated to me today and one of them is from the same McKinsey office as the person who interviewed me for LBS. It makes me a bit uncomfortable knowing that he will probably know I have been interviewed or even accepted to LBS already or I will run into the LBS person in their office at the time of the INSEAD interview. Any piece of advice how to go about it? I feel like I am loosing my chances to get into INSEAD cause I don't want to deny in his face I am not thinking of accepting LBS offer.
P.S. I am more inclined to LBS now, but wanted to get my impression about the school also from the alumni interviewers and then make my final decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LanaFirefox wrote:
Just for those who are wondering when do they send out invitations for R1 applicants - I got my interview invitation already on Monday. Did not expect it so fast, but it was a nice surprise. My interviewers were communicated to me today and one of them is from the same McKinsey office as the person who interviewed me for LBS. It makes me a bit uncomfortable knowing that he will probably know I have been interviewed or even accepted to LBS already or I will run into the LBS person in their office at the time of the INSEAD interview. Any piece of advice how to go about it? I feel like I am loosing my chances to get into INSEAD cause I don't want to deny in his face I am not thinking of accepting LBS offer.
P.S. I am more inclined to LBS now, but wanted to get my impression about the school also from the alumni interviewers and then make my final decision.

Congrats on getting the invite!! I think if you've got an acceptance from LBS it would make you more desirable to other Business schools. Keep your stance, show why you want to go to insead and you'll be fine. Can you post your profile pliss
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I received my invitation this morning. It seems that the pre-selection decisions started flying around early this time around.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got my Pre-selection invite 36 mins ago! Goodluck everyone whose waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Got my invite from Carol T this morning as well. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the interview invite this morning!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.29
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello!!
Did any of the applicants get interviewed already? can you share your experience?
Why did the interviews come so early this time...Are all of you applicants for LBS? Strong Profiles? Uncommon pool?? Kinda bizarre but good for us anyway!!!! and congrats for all who got to this stage.
I got my interview notification on the 9th of April! they still haven't identified who my interviewers will be..i shall post out my experience here as soon as it happens.
Best of Luck for all of you out there!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Got my pre-selection invite! Good luck for everyone!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts