Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
Hello
Is there a reason why the scholarship deadline (16 July 2014) is before the final decision deadline (08 Aug 2014) ?

Should it not be after the final decision deadline, so only the students who are admitted submit their scholarship applications, saving time for both students and INSEAD?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V49
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
FreshLimeSoda wrote:
abhinandm wrote:
FreshLimeSoda wrote:
Hi everyone,

Have those who have been pre-selected been able to register for the Scholarships application portal? I'm talking about this website: https://mba.insead.edu/schlmgmt/index.cf ... _list_schl
I've tried to register but I get a message saying "we will send your registration details after confirming with Admissions" and then...nothing

Thanks

I tried registering on Friday and it didn't work then. The website allowed me to register this Afternoon, but after filling up a huge form with work ex details etc, refused to save the data. 30 mins of work down the drain :(

Hey abhinandm -

The website is allowing me to register and access the scholarship applications now - guess it was just a matter of waiting a little bit. But yes the scholarship application does look very very long. But it's for free money so I guess we can't complain :?

Well I still am not able to save data using mozilla. IE however seems to work like a charm! :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
has anyone received interviewer details yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

Yes. Last Thursday from my AO. Got one interview lined up w/c 14 July and the other still to arrange.

Where are you based? Might have an impact on how quickly INSEAD AO is able to provide details.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
JTL wrote:
brobeedle wrote:

Yes. Last Thursday from my AO. Got one interview lined up w/c 14 July and the other still to arrange.

Where are you based? Might have an impact on how quickly INSEAD AO is able to provide details.

I received my interviewer details yesterday. Based in India.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

Yes, last Friday. First one scheduled for later this week, second one still to arrange.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whoa I should be concerned then! I received the interview invite on friday afternoon but haven't heard anything since. based in Singapore
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AO is JS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
brobeedle wrote:
whoa I should be concerned then! I received the interview invite on friday afternoon but haven't heard anything since. based in Singapore

No, you should not be concerned. Interviews must be completed by the end of July, so there's still plenty of time. If you've been pre-selected, you're obviously going to interview. This is probably the only time during this process when you don't need to worry about your next step.

Just relax and wait.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
sslondon wrote:
Hello
Is there a reason why the scholarship deadline (16 July 2014) is before the final decision deadline (08 Aug 2014) ?

Should it not be after the final decision deadline, so only the students who are admitted submit their scholarship applications, saving time for both students and INSEAD?

Does anyone know? Scholarship application does not affect the final admission's decision, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:

It could be that the emails provided by the INSEAD interviewers have become old/unused. If you've already contacted them and you are still waiting for a reply, try either using the phone number provided or contacting them through other means (linkedin, etc.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Waiting for interviewers' details. AO is JS. Based in Singapore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess we need to be patient :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Shanghai Summer
With 60% of the MBA complete, I’m back in China interning. I’m happy with my P1 to P3 results and I feel like I made significant headway towards reaching my MBA goals. Certainly, I made some mistakes from P1 to P3, but overall, I can’t really complain. I’ve learned a lot! Also, the end of P1 to P3 means my girlfriend and I are no-longer doing long-distance. Finally together, at least for the summer in Shanghai, it’s been a long road.

In P3, I really started to enjoy the MBA; in fact, I loved P3. P1 and P2 were great too, but I was pretty stressed and fairly clueless about what I wanted to do post-MBA. At the start of P3, I felt our class collectively relaxed, classes didn’t seem as stressful, and finding an internship seemed easier.

For this summer, I am interning in China for a consulting firm. With the recent news that major US consulting firms are no longer eligible to serve Chinese SOE clients, I’m interested to see how the industry will evolve. I also want to see if consulting is right for me as I believe I naturally gravitate towards business development type of roles (my career leader self-assessment placed business development at 97%, management consulting at 80%, and accounting….7%….).

By P4, I ideally will have a full-time offer in the works (I hope….:(….). I have three industries I am concentrating on and I have had one FT interview already. Now I realize that after the tremendous challenge of securing an interview, the next big worry is determining whether a company pays more than beans and popcorn.

P5, I will return to Shanghai for CEIBS exchange. Post-MBA, I would like to end up in Shanghai, Hong Kong, or Singapore. We’ll see what happens!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone else on here need to sit a language exam (or has already completed one) in order to confirm acceptance?

I suspect many of you have cleared this automatically having been educated at final secondary school or at university in a language other than English, but if I get an offer I will need to prove my second language and have to pass one of their approved exams by 01 November.

Anyone else in the same boat or done it recently? Playing on my mind a bit now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think for a lot of people they need to know another international language apart from English, so for example, besides english and my native language, I still have to clear a language exam (all assuming I actually make it through to INSEAD!). Actually that's a good worry to have :)

From what I know (from Alumni), you can do the language exam during your MBA as well. I'm not sure of any changes in the policy though. Are you an admit?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hsk15 wrote:
besides english and my native language

That's enough for entry (i.e. English + your native = 2 languages) and then you would do a test while at INSEAD for a third for exit (I understand you can actually do the test for the third language in the first week and get it out of the way so it isn't a worry).

For me English is my native language, therefore I need to prove a "practical" level in a second language through an approved test for entry and then also the same exit requirement for a third as you will ("basic" level). For example I plan to sit an approved test for German as my second entry language and for French as my third exit language.

All this is hypothetical until being Accepted (or an Admit), but the test result needs to be submitted by 01 Nov for R2 admits and I was just wondering if any R1 admits have already been through this or any other R2 applicants are going through it.

Hopefully that is clearer.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts