Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V49
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
Hello everyone!

Well, this seems to be a most useful forum, so I decided to sign up, too. Just to briefly summarize my situation: I have submitted my application, done both interviews and now am in the state of "waiting anxiety", like some others on this forum.

What are your best tips&tricks to get through these next few days/weeks without checking e-mails every 30minutes (even though it seems quite clear that it is still way too early to expect any sort of response)? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this…

Originally posted by thenoo on 22 Jul 2014, 13:08.
Last edited by thenoo on 22 Jul 2014, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I am afraid there is nothing to do to shorten the waiting period... Read, travel, get drunk, go to work, fall in love !!! hahha, less than 3 weeks to go.

Am exactly in the same situation as you, interviews finished on July 11th, so now waiting..

Where are you from? Starting in Fontainebleau or Singapore?

thenoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Well, this seems to be a most useful forum, so I decided to sign up, too. Just to briefly summarize my situation: I have submitted my application, done both interviews and now am in the state of "waiting anxiety", like some others on this forum.

What are your best tips&tricks to get through these next few days/weeks without checking e-mails every 30minutes (even though it seems quite clear that it is still way to early to expect any sort of response)? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this…
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
You guys are lucky that you've finished the interview process!
I've got my last interview tomorrow morning and can't wait to get it out of the way, FINALLY...!

The first interview went well - the interviewer pretty much assumed I was in and was mostly just testing out the whys and wherefores - it was just a nice catch up in a lot of ways... as others have said, I found it quite work focused but that's ok!

Fingers crossed for this last little bit... what's everyone planning to do in advance of start (assuming it's relatively certain)...? Get the exit language test done, prepare any courses? Does anyone know anything about the prepping part?
I read a blog that said to try and test out of a couple of compulsories so that's looking relatively attractive to try and ease the workload...!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
singydreams wrote:
I am afraid there is nothing to do to shorten the waiting period... Read, travel, get drunk, go to work, fall in love !!! hahha, less than 3 weeks to go.

Am exactly in the same situation as you, interviews finished on July 11th, so now waiting..

thenoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

What are your best tips&tricks to get through these next few days/weeks without checking e-mails every 30minutes (even though it seems quite clear that it is still way to early to expect any sort of response)? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this…

Haha, work & love would certainly take up some time and get one's mind off things... I also thought about re-watching my favourite series, doing cool stuff with nieces & nephews, cooking time-consuming meals etc. But if anyone else has other ideas, I'm definitely open to hear them... :-)

I am Swiss and would be starting in Fontainebleau.

Best of luck (and success) to all who still have interviews ahead of them!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
thenoo wrote:
singydreams wrote:

thenoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Haha, work & love would certainly take up some time and get one's mind off things... I also thought about re-watching my favourite series, doing cool stuff with nieces & nephews, cooking time-consuming meals etc. But if anyone else has other ideas, I'm definitely open to hear them... :-)

Guys, try taking care of an active toddler ;) the time will not only fly but will fly at the speed of light! haha. Best of luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi..
Is there anyone applying for the final round.
Iam applying for R3
GMAT Score 670.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okay my wife just delivered our first baby 3 days ago. Best waiting therapy hehe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
thenoo wrote:
What are your best tips&tricks to get through these next few days/weeks without checking e-mails every 30minutes (even though it seems quite clear that it is still way too early to expect any sort of response)? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this…

One way to prevent this - change your thought process to expecting to receive an update on 08 August and only on 08 August.

At least that's how I'm thinking about it and just getting on with life (work) as normal!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hsk15 wrote:
thenoo wrote:
singydreams wrote:

Guys, try taking care of an active toddler ;) the time will not only fly but will fly at the speed of light! haha. Best of luck everyone.

Thanks, Hsk15, for this advice - sounds like a great idea! I just fear that I would face certain difficulties in the implementation of this project with regard to timing... I hear it takes about 40 weeks :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vietmba wrote:
Okay my wife just delivered our first baby 3 days ago. Best waiting therapy hehe.

Congratulations!! You are in for a very crazy yet an extremely joyful ride! The baby is going to make sure you're ready for the rigor at INSEAD (read: all nighters) while multi tasking ;) babies are awesome!

Actually it's my husband who keeps asking if I've heard anything from INSEAD ;) hah

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
singydreams wrote:

Guys, try taking care of an active toddler ;) the time will not only fly but will fly at the speed of light! haha. Best of luck everyone.[/quote][/quote]

Thanks, Hsk15, for this advice - sounds like a great idea! I just fear that I would face certain difficulties in the implementation of this project with regard to timing... I hear it takes about 40 weeks :-)[/quote]

Indeed! Not to fear! I'm sure there are plenty baby-sitting opportunities :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
frafrubrabru wrote:
Hi..
Iam applying for R3
GMAT Score 670.

Hi frafrubrabru,

I submitted my application for R3 on Jun27 (29m, German, 2y military + 2y consulting + 4y startups, GMAT 710). Still ~5 weeks to go before they send out the interview notifications... I'm sooo excited already... Not sure how I'm supposed to survive September...

Anyone else in for R3? It's still far away but I hope to see *all* of you in Jan 2015 at Fonty!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I applied to start in Singapore and then come to Fonty for P4 and P5.

What were your criteria to begin in Fonty vs Singy?

johndoe84 wrote:
frafrubrabru wrote:
Hi..
Iam applying for R3
GMAT Score 670.

Hi frafrubrabru,

I submitted my application for R3 on Jun27 (29m, German, 2y military + 2y consulting + 4y startups, GMAT 710). Still ~5 weeks to go before they send out the interview notifications... I'm sooo excited already... Not sure how I'm supposed to survive September...

Anyone else in for R3? It's still far away but I hope to see *all* of you in Jan 2015 at Fonty!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Here's one more applicant for Round 3. Submitted my application yesterday, got a confirmation from Carol today.

Female, 31, Russia, 9y work experience in Marketing and Sales in Financial services (retail banking).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
johndoe84 wrote:
frafrubrabru wrote:
Hi..
Iam applying for R3
GMAT Score 670.

Hi frafrubrabru,

Looks like I have a less GMAT score :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
frafrubrabru wrote:
johndoe84 wrote:
frafrubrabru wrote:
Hi..
Iam applying for R3
GMAT Score 670.

Hi frafrubrabru,

Looks like I have a less GMAT score :(

Cheer up, dude :) You're within the GMAT range, that comprises 75% of the accepted applicants, I believe. And there are many other important factors that influence our chances, too. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looks like I have a less GMAT score :([/quote]

Cheer up, dude :) You're within the GMAT range, that comprises 75% of the accepted applicants, I believe. And there are many other important factors that influence our chances, too. Good luck!![/quote]

Hopefully, fingers crossed
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts