Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 00:35 It is currently 06 May 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
hi ,
I am padmaja ,appearing for gmat on may 4
can any body help me how to study and prepare for gmat in 1 month effectively
please help me out,i am a house wife and having a lot fo confussion
please guide me .i will apreciate if anyone help me out
bye
padmaja
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
padmaja wrote:
hi ,
I am padmaja ,appearing for gmat on may 4
can any body help me how to study and prepare for gmat in 1 month effectively
please help me out,i am a house wife and having a lot fo confussion
please guide me .i will apreciate if anyone help me out
bye
padmaja

Just browse through share ur gmat experience thread. You will lot of usefult threads
Search for threads from aug06 to jan07 thats the time majority of members have given their gmat..and lot of them have shared their experience giving some good tips.

HTH
Yogesh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Send PM
Hi All!

I am a 25 yr old female currently working as a brand marketing manager at a Fortune 50 CPG company. I graduated in 2003 with a BS in business from NYU Stern and have been working in brand marketing ever since.

My target GMAT score is 700 (I just need to break it!) and the three schools I plan to apply this fall are HBS, Wharton, and Tuck.

My interest right now is in management consulting and I plan to one day open my own innovation strategy consulting company aka "Think Tank".

Good luck everyone!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I found this club through Google almost a year ago, and have been browsing it ever since, but just thought of introducing myself to you all :)

Following is my profile:

30 year old, Indian Male, IT Project Manager with an MNC currently living in India.

Bachelors of Engineering in India, then MS at Univ Florida (hence the gator in my nick). Went on to work for 4 years in the US, then for a year in India and more recently for a couple of years in Aussie Land...Now, planning to move to Dubai :)

Registered to take GMAT on the 5th of this month, and current GMAT score on both Prep and Princeton Online is 650. Hoping to cross 700...

Oh, and btw, this is a wonderful club and I have lots more to say, which I will in the next few weeks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ciao.

My name is Tiziano and I am a prospective MBA student. Right now I'm studying hard to get a better GMAT score (I already took it once and had a mere 620 :evil: !) Anyway, I have a BA degree and I work for one of the major Italian companies.

I think this site is great and is really useful to exchange information about GMAT and b-schools.

Good luck to all of you.

Tiziano
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [0]
Send PM
Hello people i am javed and my target score is 750+ well i am an engineer currently working in my own company since more than 2 years.

Javed

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
Hello friends - My name is Gaylon I'm from Austin, Texas. I'm 25, got my BBA from UT at Austin - McComb's School of Business. After graduation went into the Peace Corps and was stationed in South Africa. After PC found a job with a joint-venture between a Private Equity group in the US and a large Chinese firm here in Shanghai. I speak Chinese and will be in China for at least another year or two, but do have aspirations to get an MBA from a top school back in the US. Compared to my practice scores, I bombed my first GMAT attempt yesterday (610 - Q42, V31) :x . I'm aiming for 730+ so I clearly have some work to do.

If any of you happen to be in Shanghai please let me know if you'd like a study partner.

Cheers for now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, My name is Jae. I took the GMAT in December after 8 weeks of studying and I walked away with an abyssmal 650. Now I'm hoping to step it up and score in the 720 range
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi! I am a new member here to GC and want to take a few moments to introduce myself. I'm a business analyst from the sunny state of FL and I've been studying and preparing for the GMAT for awhile, but now it's crunch time! I have a BS in Business Mngt and would really like to get anything over 700. I have been secretly concerned that 700+ is unreasonable for me, but after purusing this site for the past day or two I am feeling more encouraged! I now realize that any score is attainable by anyone with the right amount of preparation. I believe I'm up for the challenge! You'll be seeing more of me over the next couple of months as I make my final preparations and participate more in the discussions and challenges.

By the way, I've checked the schedule for the challenges and there are none currently scheduled. Are they going to start up any time soon?

Thanks for the encouragement and the help! I'm really happy to be here!

Bluebird
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys

I am Suresh, a double graduate in Chemistry and Rubber Technology from India. Currently working as Production Engineer in a Rubber Factory. I have been working for last 5 years.

I am looking for a GMAT score of 710+ and planning to take the test in May 1st or 2nd week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, my name is Matt. I have lived in Southern California my entire life. I actually spent 3 years in the United States Navy before I started my undergraduate work. I attended Saddleback College and then finished at California State University Fullerton. I now work as a Commercial Property Manager/Broker/Leasing Agent for Von Der Ahe Real Estate Services. I am responsible for the day-to-day management, marketing, and operations of four industrial parks totaling approximately 500,000 square feet of space. I have my real estate Brokers license as well as my notary license.

I am hoping to score in the 620 to 650 range to get into my top school of choice, USC. I took the exam just once before and scored a miserable 450 on it. I am looking forward to conquering this test and getting into a good program that will provide me the foundation for starting my own real estate development firm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

My name is Cheyne. I took my GMAT two weeks ago and scored 760 (49/44). Now I am getting the other aspects of my app put together. I plan on applying for Fall 08 -- Stanford, HBS, Columbia, MIT, Chicago, & Wharton.

I'm 24 and work as an insurance sales underwriter by day, and a web startup entrepreneur by night. My top choice is Stanford, since it caters nicely to tech entrepreneurs and is well situated near Silicon Valley.

I'm glad to have stumbled upon this community. I hope we all end up where we want to be.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HI ,

I work as a Systems Engineer in a Indian firm and presently posted in Phoenix Arizona . I am new to the industry and just getting the hang of things . I have a yr and a half experience now and i now have my dreams fixed on a MBA . As i am a twice CAT repeater. Comments on this Thread have been really inspiring . just like you guys i think of hitting big time ahead.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HI Guys,
I am quite delighted to see existence of GMAT forum on the net.Its unfortunate for me to come to know about it on the day I gave my GMAT.
I am a professional with 8+ years of exp in working for Bio-Pharma projects and I am based in Singapore.
I am trying for a part time MBA from local universities in Singapore(NUS ans NTU). My GMAT practice scores on Peterson and Kaplan were in the range of 590 to 610.
But today I almost blew it.Till the time I was on 21st question of the verbal section I was completely exhausted and lost my concentration.I knew I was clicking on the the wrong answer in RC's and CR's but couldn't figure out which was correct one either.
Giving competitive exams after eight years really got on my nerves, I suppose.I ended up getting a shabby 550 on the test.Now I am confused whether to take up the test again.
I prepared for the GMAT for last 4 months.As I was working I could hardly spend 1.5 hours on weekdays and 6 to 7 hours on weekends.I prepared for the GMAT all alone and I couldn't find any body to clarify my doubts or even to speak about preparations.
The only hope I have is, that the universities would consider my application based on my exp and grant me the admit.

For all the indians preparing for the GMAT , consider solving chapters from Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agrawwal. Although all the problems are not exactly similar to GMAT but solving them gives you insight in tips and short cuts which even good books on GMAT lack.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1738 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

My name is Chip and I live in Tampa. I just graduated from Univ. of Tampa cum laude. I am basically taking the summer off to study for the GMAT and to train MMA or ultimate fighting just to continue my hobby. Im pretty athletic and I eat extremely well, which I might add has completely changed my life. I never get tired and I always feel great. I highly recommend the proper diet everyone is talking about in the forums.
I plan to take the GMAT this summer with a score of 720 then work for two years then apply to a top grad school.

Anyway, Im devoting about 3-4hours on weekdays and maybe 12 hours or more on weekends (both days).

I am armed with:
Kaplan 2007 w/ CD
OG 11
OG Math
OG Verbal
Kaplan 800

I am also taking the Kaplan 6week course (I think its 6 weeks, maybe 7).

I am also debating to take the Manhattan weekend ourse in late July in Miami OR just settle for the Veritas 2-weekend course in August in Orlando (since its closer and my parents live in Orlando so no need for a hotel).

Glad to be here at GMAT club, it is really awsome.

Chip
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
You say that you are prepared to study all summer for 3-4 hours a day. That sounds fine, and you seem to be in line for a very high grade. I am worried about something, however. If you use all the materials in the OG11 and the 2 review books with just a short course or even a weekend course, you may find that you haven't got the background to answer many of the questions.
The GMAX Online course provides the type of depth of understanding that you can use to answer all the types of GMAT questions. It is long and thorough - it takes many students over 70 hours to complete, besides the homework assignments and the adaptive tests.
Read the review here, and check out the website, and you will understand why so many of our students receive grades of over 700.
Regards and good luck,
Leanna
Director, GMAX
https://www.gmaxonline.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hi guys,

Wonderful community. I found out about this from a friend who absolutely aced the GMAT. My test is on the 19th of June.

I live in Sydney, Australia and did my undergrad in computer science . I have 7+ years of experience in IT (including 3+ years in big four consulting). Also have some experience in Investment Banking. I want to apply to get into a good Masters in Finance course (Mfin , MiF, MFE or MSCF) .

This means that I have to score heavily in the quantitative section. I currently preparing 3-4 hours a day every day (including weekends) with ocassional breaks.

I did one of those "challange" archives yesterday and found that my score was only in the 66th percentile. However level of questions at the challange archive was much higher than the the level of questions i am used to ( I am using OG, Kaplan800, Barrons and McGraw Hill ). Should I be worried ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  66