Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:05 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 430 [1]
Given Kudos: 1197
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT Focus 1:
795 Q89 V90 DI90
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: 795 GMAT Focus Debrief on my First Attempt (90V, 90DI, 89Q) [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations!! Allow me to shower you with lots of praises and even more questions;

1) What would you say was your initial and final % correct Q attempts during prep when facing Easy/Medium/Hard Questions respectively?
2) How many OG Mocks have you given till date, what have been their scores and which unofficial ones come close?
3) Have you tested various combinations of Q/V/DI in the mocks? I have read you went with V/Q/DI in your attempt, do you believe section adaptability makes the end section say, DI or V comparably much tougher if you were to switch them in an attempt. If so, then at what level of prep do you think it would be better to take the weaker section first so as to not receive the toughest questions of one's weakest section at most fatigue?
4) Since the exam was adapted to throw various 805 level Qs in DI especially during the end, how did you manage to get those correct that too in the time limit? Also any tips on answering the 750+ level quant Qs
5) Did you experience verbose, text-heavy verbal questions in DS section of DI? If yes, any tips for that?
6) What would you say are the 3 most important realizations of your 3 month intensive prep?
7) Were there any topics or question types you found difficult across all three sections? How did you approach them and get perfect at them?
8) What do you think you did different than other test takers in your prep?
9) What did you do the week and the day before your exam and what was your psychology going into it?

Apologies for the ambush, but you have stood out blatantly as a premier personality in this race. Congratulations once again and I believe humanity might stand a chance against AI overlords after all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM

bb wrote:
GMAT_Experience wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
One question away from absolute perfection! Great work and thanks for verifying.

Please enlighten us on your chosen section order, if you don't mind.

Also, did you utilize the question review and edit feature? Thanks.­

I did utilize the question review/edit feature. I reviewed 1 verbal, all 21 quant, and 2 data questions, but did not change any responses. Maybe I should have for Quant :)­

Wow! You had enough time to review 21 questions in quant? Wow.

If you remember, just curious how much time did you have left before you started the review for quant?

Posted from my mobile device

­This is unbelievable! I suggest GMAT_Experience write a detailed debrief for all, which would put to rest many questions/doubts that many of us might be having :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
To say that this score is brilliant, would be quite an understatement. Hearty congratulations GMAT_Experience!

Out of curiosity, wanted to know how much you were scoring on official mocks, especially in the days leading to the final exam.
Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 861 [1]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
795 GMAT Focus Debrief on my First Attempt (90V, 90DI, 89Q) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hoehenheim wrote:
Congratulations!! Allow me to shower you with lots of praises and even more questions;

1) What would you say was your initial and final % correct Q attempts during prep when facing Easy/Medium/Hard Questions respectively?
2) How many OG Mocks have you given till date, what have been their scores and which unofficial ones come close?
3) Have you tested various combinations of Q/V/DI in the mocks? I have read you went with V/Q/DI in your attempt, do you believe section adaptability makes the end section say, DI or V comparably much tougher if you were to switch them in an attempt. If so, then at what level of prep do you think it would be better to take the weaker section first so as to not receive the toughest questions of one's weakest section at most fatigue?
4) Since the exam was adapted to throw various 805 level Qs in DI especially during the end, how did you manage to get those correct that too in the time limit? Also any tips on answering the 750+ level quant Qs
5) Did you experience verbose, text-heavy verbal questions in DS section of DI? If yes, any tips for that?
6) What would you say are the 3 most important realizations of your 3 month intensive prep?
7) Were there any topics or question types you found difficult across all three sections? How did you approach them and get perfect at them?
9) What did you do the week and the day before your exam and what was your psychology going into it?

Apologies for the ambush, but you have stood out blatantly as a premier personality in this race. Congratulations once again and I believe humanity might stand a chance against AI overlords after all.

­Hoehenheim Haha, I agree that this does give hope for humanity!

These are interesting questions above.

Just one note regarding question #4, sometimes people overestimate how much the GMAT adapts.

For example, here is some data from a DI 90 official practice exam #1 that I took; out of the final 11 questions, there were 1 easy, 5 medium, 5 hard:

­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Amazing score -big congratulations, this is the best FE score i have ever seen!

I just have a question regarding your order of Verbal, Quant and DI. What was your rationale behind choosing this order, and did you experiment with it on mocks?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for sharing the research. I’ve done many of these iterations with GMAT prep… and initially have come to conclusion that there is almost no adaptability 😂

The challenge is that the question banks are not deep enough, so there are no 5 or 10 levels of difficulty for every single topic, so GMAT prep has to improvise, but it is an awesome awesome illustration! 👍👍👍

GMATCoachBen wrote:
Hoehenheim wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
GMATCoachBen wrote:
Hoehenheim wrote:

Just one note regarding question #4, sometimes people overestimate how much the GMAT adapts.

For example, here is some data from a DI 90 official practice exam #1 that I took; out of the final 11 questions, there were 1 easy, 5 medium, 5 hard:

­

­
Could you please explain the corealtion between Difficulty and Accuracy shown above? Since the range of accuracy varies but all answers are correct.

Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 861 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
arinamdar wrote:
GMATCoachBen wrote:
Hoehenheim wrote:

­

­
Could you please explain the corealtion between Difficulty and Accuracy shown above? Since the range of accuracy varies but all answers are correct.

­That's my main point here -- accuracy and difficulty do not correlate as closely as many people think; there is a lot of fluctuation on the difficulty.

The AVERAGE difficulty correlates up and down based on how well you do on earlier questions and sections, but the difficulty of each individual question can fluctuate up and down a LOT.­

I would be curious to see more data points and experiments with different accuracies and section orders; at some point I may do some additional experiments, or if anyone else has done an analysis, that would be great.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q35 V37
Send PM
GMAT_Experience wrote:
I took the GMAT Focus for the very first time at a test center on March 25th, 2024.

After 3 on and off months of studying in Winter 2023 and 3 months of intense preparation while working FT this year, I’m excited to wrap up my GMAT studies on a positive note.

For prep, I used OG material, TTP for quant and data insights, and GMAT Ninja’s videos and study plan for verbal.

I’m extremely grateful to have scored a 795 - endlessly appreciative to this forum, TTP, GMAT Ninja, and all my family and friends for supporting me throughout this journey. Now, I want to do my part and give back to the community. Wishing all of you the best in your GMAT endeavors!­

­Oh WOW!
This is literally the highest GMAT score I have ever heard of :O
Many congratulations!!
Would you mind sharing your journey - when did you start prep? what score you started with in each section? Any specific strategies, how many mocks you did and your scores on them etc. ?
I'm sure many GMAT takers on this forum would appreciate :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
GMATCoachBen wrote:
­That's my main point here -- accuracy and difficulty do not correlate as closely as many people think; there is a lot of fluctuation on the difficulty.

The AVERAGE difficulty correlates up and down based on how well you do on earlier questions and sections, but the difficulty of each individual question can fluctuate up and down a LOT.­

I would be curious to see more data points and experiments with different accuracies and section orders; at some point I may do some additional experiments, or if anyone else has done an analysis, that would be great.

­Where do you get the difficulty% and accuracy% ratings from? Is it here from GMAT club? 

And i suppose to properly add any value to this testing, I would need to score a perfect Mock ^^. 
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
­That's an incredible score. I've never seen anyone get 100% score in Verbal. Truly amazing !
Would you like to share how you approached Verbal from the days of preparation?
What resources did you use and what all things you did to master Verbal??

Hearty Congratulations once again !!!­
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 861 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
benjaminpascu wrote:
GMATCoachBen wrote:

­Where do you get the difficulty% and accuracy% ratings from? Is it here from GMAT club? 

And i suppose to properly add any value to this testing, I would need to score a perfect Mock ^^. 

benjaminpascu ­Yes, that data above is from the GMAT Club Timer.

Other data points would be helpful, other than from a perfect mock. ­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 473
Send PM
GMAT_Experience wrote:
I took the GMAT Focus for the very first time at a test center on March 25th, 2024.

After 3 on and off months of studying in Winter 2023 and 3 months of intense preparation while working FT this year, I’m excited to wrap up my GMAT studies on a positive note.

For prep, I used OG material, TTP for quant and data insights, and GMAT Ninja’s videos and study plan for verbal.

I’m extremely grateful to have scored a 795 - endlessly appreciative to this forum, TTP, GMAT Ninja, and all my family and friends for supporting me throughout this journey. Now, I want to do my part and give back to the community. Wishing all of you the best in your GMAT endeavors!­

­Hi GMAT_Experience

That's a phenomenal score, huge congratulations for this.
What were your resources for your Verbal practice? Did you only do OG questions properly for that?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts