Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just checked posts from Spring 2007 and noticed that people were still waiting to hear from Ad Comm well into January and a few were put on the wait list around Dec 1. Does this mean that we'll have another month or two of torture?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Interviews [#permalink]
They requested the interview -- wasn't wait listed. Was told I would hear back in 2 weeks or so, and if I dont to contact the person who interviewed me. All sounds positive so far, so lets see..

700 GMAT
3.8 GPA
3 Yrs work experience at a major Investment Bank

langone08 wrote:
Cool Duffman. Did they invite you for an interview or did you ask for one? Were you waitlisted? Do you mind posting your profile again?

Thanks
duffman wrote:
Hi,

I had my interview w/Stern yesterday. It went quite well and the person I spoke to gave me a lot of positive indicators.

I already know two people on this forum who got accepted after their interviews.

I was just wondering...

- if there is anyone else out there who was asked to interview w/Stern and then denied admission?

- if there is anyone else who had an interview and is waiting for a reply? If so, how long has it been?

Good luck to all!

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys, I just got waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Welcome to the club

langone08 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thnx. Any idea what happens from here on? Is it wait and watch? Any suggestions?
hatethewait wrote:
Welcome to the club

langone08 wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
None whatsoever. I've been on the list for over a month now and when I called Ad Comm to try and set up an interview I was told that I'd hear from them by email and basically not to bother them. Good luck!

langone08 wrote:
Thnx. Any idea what happens from here on? Is it wait and watch? Any suggestions?
hatethewait wrote:
Welcome to the club

langone08 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did anyone start the FAFSA process yet? Do you know the turnaround time to get a loan approved?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
baer wrote:
Did anyone start the FAFSA process yet? Do you know the turnaround time to get a loan approved?

Baer,

FAFSA process takes about 3-4 days to complete once you submit (for me anyway). Once you receive that EFC number you should be able to apply for loans. I havent started that yet b/c im still waiting for NYU/Kroll to complete my verif. process. I was however assured by an NYU financial aid office rep that the most basic and popular loan type is the stafford loans, and thats an easy procedure they would help you through.

Speaking of the verification process, i havent heard back form them yet ( isubmitted online to kroll last Tuesday). I have a confession though, i fudged one of my previous job's beginning salary by 5k. i only realized this after submitting the kroll online form. should i be worried? im thinking not but id like some reassurance from someone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MSG33 wrote:
Speaking of the verification process, i havent heard back form them yet ( isubmitted online to kroll last Tuesday). I have a confession though, i fudged one of my previous job's beginning salary by 5k. i only realized this after submitting the kroll online form. should i be worried? im thinking not but id like some reassurance from someone.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most companies won't disclose anything except starting/termination dates as well as your title upon leaving (that's the policy at my company anyway). And 5K is really not very much money so I doubt anything will come of it even if they discovered it, which they won't.

For what its worth, I didn't bother giving any of those salary PIN's they ask for. It just seemed like a lot of extra work for nothing.

Also, my recommeders were not contacted at any point in the application/verification process for anyone that may be interested in that bit of information.

Seems like the verification was more of a formality than anything else. Mine was done in less than 1 week from when I faxed in the form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks man, i dont think so either, but u never know with their honor code bullshit.
i guess ill probably have to wait a few more days to account for the thanksgiving holiday and break.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the folks who were accepted: How specific were you in your long term and short term goals? Did you mention specific duties or positions?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
langone08 wrote:
For the folks who were accepted: How specific were you in your long term and short term goals? Did you mention specific duties or positions?

Thanks

FWIW, I didn't mention specific positions/titles. However, I did say what I wanted to do, in what industry and how it represents natural career progression based on my work experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
MSG33 wrote:
baer wrote:

Baer,

Thanks.

Have heard from Kroll b/c one of my employers doesn't have a record of me working there, due to my payment thru a staffing agency, so I had to give more details. I'm going thru the FAFSA stuff this week.

As for the salary question... it may be best to get ahead of it and put the correct number down... say you contacted your former employer to verify and it was different than you originally thought.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
langone08 wrote:

Thanks

Very specific, I wrote down possible firms, titles, and industry. If you tell a complete story with how your past experience, coupled with an MBA will take you to where you want to go, you are good.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Baer. Really appreciate it.
baer wrote:
langone08 wrote:

Thanks

Very specific, I wrote down possible firms, titles, and industry. If you tell a complete story with how your past experience, coupled with an MBA will take you to where you want to go, you are good.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MBA0007 wrote:
langone08 wrote:

Thanks

FWIW, I didn't mention specific positions/titles. However, I did say what I wanted to do, in what industry and how it represents natural career progression based on my work experience.

Same here. I didn't mention a specific company or title, but I did talk about the responsibilities I wanted, the industry I desired, and how adding the MBA to my work experience and personal history would help me achieve that goal.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Beagles. Anything special on the resume?
Beagles wrote:
MBA0007 wrote:
langone08 wrote:

Thanks

Same here. I didn't mention a specific company or title, but I did talk about the responsibilities I wanted, the industry I desired, and how adding the MBA to my work experience and personal history would help me achieve that goal.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38