Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
wizofoz wrote:
I have not received any email regarding the deposit though I showed up in the database about 3 days after I paid the money.

So how long did it take for you to get notified after you started the verification?

I didn't receive an e-mail specifically about the deposit, just the combined welcome e-mail about the received deposit and the verification process being completed.

I think I submitted the verification process information on Halloween...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
A quick question to all of you guys who have got through...I just heard the word yesterday that I am in. I am assuming that they are going to send me a packet by mail sometime soon. Is there anything that I can do as a part of the registration process before I get the packet ?

I am confused to a certain extent.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
shall_win wrote:
A quick question to all of you guys who have got through...I just heard the word yesterday that I am in. I am assuming that they are going to send me a packet by mail sometime soon. Is there anything that I can do as a part of the registration process before I get the packet ?

No.. You'll do well to wait.

Or...

You can practice your signature a couple of times, make sure your fax machine is working or get yourself a stamp and an envelope. I cant think of anything else. Just kidding!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
shall_win wrote:

shall_win,

If you want to, you can actually pay your $1000 deposit via credit card or e-check. You don't need to wait for the admission packet to arrive to do that. Just go the new student tour website, hit register, make a payment, print out and fill out the forms and fax the two pages to NYU. That will take care of your deposit.

I believe, you can also submit a request for a core course waiver. You don't need to wait for the packet to arrive to do that, either.

Other than that, as ioiio said, just relax and wait fo the package. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
be careful when you pay by credit card... they will charge you a small fee. read the fine prints.

MBA0007 wrote:
shall_win wrote:

shall_win,

If you want to, you can actually pay your $1000 deposit via credit card or e-check. You don't need to wait for the admission packet to arrive to do that. Just go the new student tour website, hit register, make a payment, print out and fill out the forms and fax the two pages to NYU. That will take care of your deposit.

I believe, you can also submit a request for a core course waiver. You don't need to wait for the packet to arrive to do that, either.

Other than that, as ioiio said, just relax and wait fo the package. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
echk is free btw
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Beagles wrote:
I just got word that I passed the Verification process, now maybe they'll let me show up on the New Student Database!

8-)

Out of curiosity, do you know if they contacted your recomenders?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
JustSayin wrote:

JS, I'm not certain, but as far as I know, they did not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Beagles wrote:
JustSayin wrote:

JS, I'm not certain, but as far as I know, they did not.

No problem either way. Just figured I would give them a head's up if they did for sure. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey,

not new to the forum b/c i have been monitoring it, but I just signed up. Got the acceptance letter today for washington square weeknights! stats for those interested:

gmat: 690
gpa: 2.9 (sh1tty i know)
WE: 4.5 (last 2.5 with an Investment Bank)

What makes it more weird is that im an indian male in IT...from what i hear thats the most saturated applicant class. watevvz. The online status letter says i have to fill out the enrollment reply and payment forms in the official admission letter. Will that be coming in the mail? or is that something i access onlne? the status site doesnt have a link for it. Thanks n good luck to all those still tryin to get in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats MSG & welcome to the forum!

You should get a packet in the mail in a few days with everything you'll need. I guess its possible to pay your deposit before the mail comes but you'll still have to send back a form (from your packet) to them so there really is no point.

For now, just concentrate on enjoying the moment. A bottle of bubbly is def in order! There is plenty of time for paperwork next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats everybody and good luck to others who are waiting/have been waiting.I am giving this up. Don't have enuf patience left.Already there may be many more above me in the list with better scores/credentials.

Have fun everybody.Thanks for the wonderful support all of you gave.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Come on. You've come this far, nows not the time to give up..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm not the kinds to give up so soon but this so called "wait" does not even allow me to look any further.

I have done so much to come to NJ,left a very high paying permanent job, moved my family here (me and my wife).Can't be more patient.Asking for the database count daily presuming it doesn't go up soon.

Anyway, I know if I get thru,I'll be more than happy to be a part of Stern but if I don't ,I'll probably go back to India and not apply for next semester.Don't have more words right now.

[quote="langone08"]Come on. You've come this far, nows not the time to give up..[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Satija, There are many better schools than Stern.
Here is the latest Part-Time ranking from Business Week:
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/
Stern is moved to #25 in US.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
mba_gmatclub wrote:
Satija, There are many better schools than Stern.
Here is the latest Part-Time ranking from Business Week:
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/
Stern is moved to #25 in US.

The chance to attend NYU Stern is obviously something Satija wants greatly, so all any of us can do is hope for good luck with the AdCom.

We could discuss the merits of BusinessWeek's methodology for part-time programs, but I don't think that's terribly relevant.

Originally posted by Beagles on 14 Nov 2007, 14:54.
Last edited by Beagles on 14 Nov 2007, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Satija

Let's not lose hope now. Still couple of weeks to go before Dec 1st.

satija wrote:
Congrats everybody and good luck to others who are waiting/have been waiting.I am giving this up. Don't have enuf patience left.Already there may be many more above me in the list with better scores/credentials.

Have fun everybody.Thanks for the wonderful support all of you gave.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  38