Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
Certainly you don't want any email from Kellogg.
Look like Kellogg calls the admits and email the ding.

Still recovering from my first ding of the season from Chi...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
i did not get any email from Kellogg *yet* but my status has changed to :

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

I think it most likely means a ding. Any one else seeing this or something different ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
pandeyrav wrote:

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

I think it most likely means a ding. Any one else seeing this or something different ?

I just checked and mine is still complete. Your change in status could be a good thing!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
pandeyrav wrote:

Here is mine:

"All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted..."

I don't know what stage am I in though...don't check it too often. Did yours used to look like mine?

I can't work today, anyone else with this problem?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
JDMBA wrote:
I just checked and mine is still complete. Your change in status could be a good thing!

It cannot be a good thing for two reasons: a) good news is broken by the phone call b) no admits have been reported today and it looks like today is a ding day.

ah.. i had high hopes from kellogg.

@bkk mine used to say that until last night. so i guess you are good so far.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I dont think I got an email saying my status changed after I was admitted, they said in their phone call it would. I know that Nervous' status changed to the "send transcripts and official GMAT" before she got a call.

I did read about that message on BW, F5 is probably getting a serious work out by a lot of folks. Best bet is to simply email or call...that would be a lot better than stressing over a ding or admit without knowing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
pandeyrav -- I am seeing the exact same message. Let's just hope neither of us gets an email from Kellogg, phone calls are fine, emails - no thanks! :)

Best of luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
malumier wrote:
pandeyrav -- I am seeing the exact same message. Let's just hope neither of us gets an email from Kellogg, phone calls are fine, emails - no thanks! :)

Best of luck!

did you try calling up the admissions office ? I am thinking of calling them up in a little while once the initial frenzy has died down.
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
That has been my status for a week...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I haven't tried calling the admissions office. The folks on BW who called were told that the site was down this morning and to check back this afternoon. However, it seems awfully strange that the site is only down for some of us. I may try calling this afternoon if I am still seeing the same message.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
westcoastMBA wrote:
That has been my status for a week...

westCoastMBA, did you try calling up the admissions office ? what did they say ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I wouldnt really stress about it until you get an email. Chances are they are having server issues and your status may be exactly the same as it was before. If you got an email then its probably not so good.
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
I actually called them up last week and the told me that the message means that your status is currently being updated, and it should be available very soon. No news yet though. I think I may call them again later this week (they are probably way too busy right now) if the status doesn't get updated.

I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but from what I have seen (on BW and here), everyone that has received this message has been either WL or dinged. has anyone else seen otherwise?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Lots of activity today! I just checked my status and it is the same as it has been for several weeks now...same status as bkk..application complete and under review. I didn't realize that Kellogg notifies dinged applicants prior to the final Mar 31 deadline...I thought that they only sent good news early.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
TJ wrote:
Lots of activity today! I just checked my status and it is the same as it has been for several weeks now...same status as bkk..application complete and under review. I didn't realize that Kellogg notifies dinged applicants prior to the final Mar 31 deadline...I thought that they only sent good news early.

"As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline."
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Admits and Dings come out at first...it seemed like it was a month or so until WL decisions started to come out. Probably because those are the borderline folks who could go one way or the other.

I know most people got phone calls in the 4-5pm central time. Status usually changes in the morning, not sure about emails coming out though. People have found out before they recieved emails by checking online.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
so i guess today was a ding day. there have been no reported admits on any boards. I called up admissions about my status and she said that the system was "overwhelmed" by the huge amount of data load. She asked to check back later today or tomorrow. though at this time a formal ding email to me seems a mere formality. Well everything happens for a reason. Maye be kellogg wasn't meant to be for me.

my earnest thanks to river for helping me with the K essays and critiquing it. all the best to those who are waiting.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  66   67   68   69   70  ...  100