Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 01:07 It is currently 05 May 2024, 01:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink]
Kudos
chitchat wrote:
I will vouch for there being cute, intelligent, single girls applying to top schools.

There are cute girls, intelligent girls, and single girls. Cute, intelligent AND single girls however exist only in the realm of the fantastic.

*ducks*

:P 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
You might find this one interesting...

https://marquisweblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/sometimes-its-little-things-that.html

Some highlights:

Quote:
Don’t be afraid to venture out into the other graduate schools for dating prospects. I know a couple of people who have found success with prospects from other departments...

Quote:
It might seem cool to go after undergraduates, but you’d be better served not doing so. Chances are, it won’t take much game to pull one of them, but, when the word gets out that your 25+ year old self has been trying to go after 18-20 year olds, you’ll come off looking hella shady.

Quote:
Also, be wary of those shark females…you know what I mean…those women who will get extra geeked about you when they find out you’re pursuing an MBA from a top school. I’ve heard (and seen for myself) how some women’s vibe changes when they find out about your schooling and, if that happens, take that as a sign to do like Saddam and retreat into a fox-hole. Some are trying to dig in your pockets and others are trying to get a wedding ring out of you, so make sure that any woman you deal with is checking for you and not your resume. I know that y’all are grown and that this is a basic part of the game, but, when it comes to matters of the booty, it can get complicated and I’d be turning my back on part of the “Fellas’ Charter” if I didn’t give these warnings :-)

Quote:
I’ll just say that stories spread pretty quickly when you’re in an enclosed social environment like B-school, so it doesn’t looks good to be that person who goes out every week, gets drunk as a skunk, and ends up trying to mack on every prospect possible.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Couple of comments on this: first of all women in BS are in general not very good-looking. There is however a fair amount of shagging going on, but it's not very blatant.

Despite this, a lot of people meet their partners at BS.

If you want to shag birds, your best chance is to go outside the school I reckon. Non-BS American girls are "friendly" enough to avoid you the pain of trying to date a peer - because it is a pain: it's like high school but worse.

Concerning undergrads, if you shag one you won't have any trouble (especially if she's fit), but if you date one it'll be weird, for the very simple reason that she'll never manage to integrate your circle of friends - the difference in maturity is way too big.

PS: I hear a lot of **** happens on welcome week-end (the happiness of the moment I guess)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [2]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Audio wrote:
PS: I hear a lot of **** happens on welcome week-end (the happiness of the moment I guess)

Do you think it's possible to be a "Welcome Weekend Crasher?"

What a fun lifestyle that would be... all those moments of happiness you could exploit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
You guys need to think outside the box, the b-school box. The class ratios of for male:female is low for MBA. There's plenty of undergrad or other grad students. Personally, I think you'd do better at the bigger schools: more fish in the sea ;) I'd stay away from the "nerdier" schools. For example, MIT probably won't be a good bet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Kudos
solaris1 wrote:
There are cute girls, intelligent girls, and single girls. Cute, intelligent AND single girls however exist only in the realm of the fantastic.

I think the fact solaris1 has not been flamed by now is a good indication on the odds of meeting your (female) spouse at b-school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm cracking up at these guys comments too! I'm a gay guy--from my perspective, the girls at most of these b-schools are no prize, but the guys are MUCH worst. The only b-school where I thought the guys were somewhat attractive was Stanford. Any other place, I'm dating undergrads.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
1. Whoever referenced The Pickup Artist is awesome. According to Mystery, the top prize for any pickup artist is a bikini model, so a b-school chick should be a cinch. Throw out a few negs, pay attention to the IOIs, smash the hookpoint, then kiss-close. Nothing to it.

2. Dick Vitale is the most attractive woman I've ever seen in the crowd at Cameron Indoor.

3. I went to an info session where spouse finding was right up there with career placement. It started with a few off-handed comments, but by the end I was scanning the room trying to guess the highest dowery.

Love this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
liubhs02 wrote:
You guys need to think outside the box, the b-school box. The class ratios of for male:female is low for MBA. There's plenty of undergrad or other grad students. Personally, I think you'd do better at the bigger schools: more fish in the sea ;) I'd stay away from the "nerdier" schools. For example, MIT probably won't be a good bet.

au contraire...my class visit to MIT last week allayed any concerns i had over the school's attractive female representation. i do agree with the bigger school recommendation though -- noticed several showstoppers at HBS...tuck, not so much. i don't remember which one of these schools said they anticipate having over 40% females next year.

mbabiden08 wrote:
The only b-school where I thought the guys were somewhat attractive was Stanford. Any other place, I'm dating undergrads.

i may have to disagree on this one as well. one could make a correlation between ability to network/work well with others and one's charisma (for both men & women). assuming many b-school students have achieved great success in business already, at the very least we can expect a generally confident and articulate student body...which for men is more than 1/2 the battle. (wow does this sound like a critical reasoning problem or what? :P)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
McDargoiowkel wrote:
2. Dick Vitale is the most attractive woman I've ever seen in the crowd at Cameron Indoor.

+1 :lol:

I need to do some research into this Pickup Artist thing...sounds intriguing ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
I didn't know how many fellow gmat clubbers were followers of Mystery, Neil Strauss.

My $0.02 based on campus visits

1. HBS - A female friend at Harvard's Ed school told me about HBS/Ed schools weekly mixers - beware of sharks at hunt.
2. Tuck - I know of 2 cases of classmates getting married. Makes sense given the close community. Limited pool though. The engineering school next door is the only other avenue.
3. Fuqua - Law school next door is a great place.
4. Berkeley - Plenty of artsy cali girls around Berkeley to get lucky with.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
"i may have to disagree on this one as well. one could make a correlation between ability to network/work well with others and one's charisma (for both men & women). assuming many b-school students have achieved great success in business already, at the very least we can expect a generally confident and articulate student body...which for men is more than 1/2 the battle. (wow does this sound like a critical reasoning problem or what? )"

Hmm, maybe girls look at guys differently than I do, but the strongest beer googles in the WORLD wouldn't make me hook-up with most of these b-school guys, no matter how successful they are. :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM