Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 02:37 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 02:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1   2   3   4  ...  28   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 649 [2]
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
newbornkyd wrote:
hi ev1, i recently gave one of kaplan's free test which is available online, scored 45 in quant and 39 in verbal and ended up with a 640. can any1 tell me if its a correct score or shud i hav got more or smthing. I have my gmat cming up within a few weeks so if any1 cud tell hw to go abt it. Also i am a complete novice as far as the AWA is concrnd infact writing is totally NOT my cup of tea. any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi newborn,

Some people say that our tests score a little low, but I can't say for certain whether or not that is true. What I can say, however, is that the first test you ever take may not be representative. Specifically, did you take the test cold? If you've done a lot of work beforehand, you might get a good sense of what your score will be; on the other hand, if you've never seen a Data Sufficiency or Critical Reasoning question before in your life, then simple familiarity could be worth 20 or 30 points on the next go around.

That being said, it's all speculation. There is an easy solution: take another test! There are a number of free tests available, including the two official practice tests at www.mba.com; see if your score stay consistent across a second try.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73442 [2]
Given Kudos: 19047
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
KapTeacherEli wrote:
newbornkyd wrote:
hi ev1, i recently gave one of kaplan's free test which is available online, scored 45 in quant and 39 in verbal and ended up with a 640. can any1 tell me if its a correct score or shud i hav got more or smthing. I have my gmat cming up within a few weeks so if any1 cud tell hw to go abt it. Also i am a complete novice as far as the AWA is concrnd infact writing is totally NOT my cup of tea. any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi newborn,

Some people say that our tests score a little low, but I can't say for certain whether or not that is true. What I can say, however, is that the first test you ever take may not be representative. Specifically, did you take the test cold? If you've done a lot of work beforehand, you might get a good sense of what your score will be; on the other hand, if you've never seen a Data Sufficiency or Critical Reasoning question before in your life, then simple familiarity could be worth 20 or 30 points on the next go around.

That being said, it's all speculation. There is an easy solution: take another test! There are a number of free tests available, including the two official practice tests at https://www.mba.com; see if your score stay consistent across a second try.

I would be happy to agree with that, but our database of scores indicates otherwise - take a look at the GMAT Score Calculator/Estimator - if you put 640 as your GMAT, it will calculate the approximate GMAT equivalent of 720. It is based solely on statistics and scores members provided in the past 12-18 months. You're welcome to try to poke holes at it - I am always interested in feedback about this tool.

when I was preparing using Kaplan materials, the highest I scored was 640 or 650. My final score was 750.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@KapTeacherEli :Thanks for the suggestion, i took Gmatprep n scored 720 with almost identical section scores. im really worried about gmat, nerves being my major problem :(
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73442 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
newbornkyd wrote:
@KapTeacherEli :Thanks for the suggestion, i took Gmatprep n scored 720 with almost identical section scores. im really worried about gmat, nerves being my major problem :(

Thanks for reporting back. Just to make sure your Kaplan was 640 and GMATPrep 720 - correct?

P.S. Don't stress it, just take it one question at a time and always anticipate a simple trap with wording - stress won't help you but being paranoid will :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@bb: yes they are. anything you wud like to say, which might help me improve my score, please feel free.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73442 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
newbornkyd wrote:
@bb: yes they are. anything you wud like to say, which might help me improve my score, please feel free.

Trust the GMAT Prep, and use the GMAT Score Estimator/Calculator to get an estimate based on other people's scores - you are doing good and on track for 700+
If you want me to review your particular case, please post a separate thread in the forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
timetrader wrote:
mousymouse wrote:
add knewton's test to that lot.

Sure! I've read your review on them. It seems, Knewton's course has helped you a lot. Can you provide some more info? Did you try other CAT's? Can you compare knewton's CAT's with GMAT Prep, Club Challanges, MGMAT or Kaplan?
I could see what you liked about them. Are there any drawbacks?
Thank you a lot for sharing your experience!

Edit: Please post information on Knewton CAT here. Discussion on Knweton as a course moved to - knewton-online-course-review-78282.html

also came across Platinum's GMAT practice test (no sign-up, no coughing up personal info required, website is all 100% free content)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
 Q49  V40
Send PM
bb wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:
newbornkyd wrote:

Thanks
Hi newborn,

That being said, it's all speculation. There is an easy solution: take another test! There are a number of free tests available, including the two official practice tests at https://www.mba.com; see if your score stay consistent across a second try.

I would be happy to agree with that, but our database of scores indicates otherwise - take a look at the GMAT Score Calculator/Estimator - if you put 640 as your GMAT, it will calculate the approximate GMAT equivalent of 720. It is based solely on statistics and scores members provided in the past 12-18 months. You're welcome to try to poke holes at it - I am always interested in feedback about this tool.

when I was preparing using Kaplan materials, the highest I scored was 640 or 650. My final score was 750.

I keep hearing that the Kaplan Tests are the hardest... I have to wonder if that has to do with the company of study materials you use to prepare for these tests. It seems like the majority of folks here use the Manhattan materials MGMAT CAT tests and 1000 books. I used Kaplan premium GMAT Review paperback book only to study. My Kaplan scores are my highest at 750 & 760. This compares to 710 GMATPrep, 730 Manhattan, 710 Princeton.

Any thoughts on whether the study materials used have a factor on these estimate test scores?

I take my test in 8 days so I will let you know how my actual results look so that the GMATClub Estimator can factor them in! I really like the tool. Thanks for creating it.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73442 [1]
Send PM