Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 20:54 It is currently 02 May 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks. I feel a bit better about it. Hopefully it's no problem and I join you both at Tuck in the fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I interviewed the first week on Jan and then submitted my app for the Jan round.. Is it true that I will hear no admission news till the deadline date? or do people get calls as decisions are made- if they are admitted?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
Please add to roll call page

Submitted App R2 1/6
waiting...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
Please add me to R2 - thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Anyone here still going through the self-initiated interviews? Also Has anyone received a call for interview after submitting the application (assuming u did not have a self initiated interview)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
agnok wrote:
Anyone here still going through the self-initiated interviews? Also Has anyone received a call for interview after submitting the application (assuming u did not have a self initiated interview)

I recieved a notification for an interview after submitting my application. I tried to do a self-intiated one, but every date I wanted was full. About three weeks after I went complete (maybe four) I recieved an email from a second year student saying he would be doing my interview. We scheduled something quickly and he completed my interview. From what I have read about the self-intiated interviews it is the same procedure, I had no specific questions about my Tuck application. Now I am just anxiously waiting....and waiting...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Dunchess wrote:
agnok wrote:

I recieved a notification for an interview after submitting my application. I tried to do a self-intiated one, but every date I wanted was full. About three weeks after I went complete (maybe four) I recieved an email from a second year student saying he would be doing my interview. We scheduled something quickly and he completed my interview. From what I have read about the self-intiated interviews it is the same procedure, I had no specific questions about my Tuck application. Now I am just anxiously waiting....and waiting...

May I ask when did you submit your application and also get your notification?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went complete 11-28 and received an interview request 12-15.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I'm actually going to be a 2011 applicant, but was wondering about the interview process. My girlfriend has family that lives in Hanover, but they are currently trying to sell their house and will most likely do so in Summer. I wanted to do a family visit and school visit in March/April, but am worried that I will have to fly($$) back to Dartmouth next September just to get my interview done (I'm from West Coast). So...

Should I just wait until September/October to visit and interview and possibly miss out on a family visit OR request that AdCom contact me for an interview (since I would have already visited)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
landogg08 wrote:
I'm actually going to be a 2011 applicant, but was wondering about the interview process. My girlfriend has family that lives in Hanover, but they are currently trying to sell their house and will most likely do so in Summer. I wanted to do a family visit and school visit in March/April, but am worried that I will have to fly($$) back to Dartmouth next September just to get my interview done (I'm from West Coast). So...

Should I just wait until September/October to visit and interview and possibly miss out on a family visit OR request that AdCom contact me for an interview (since I would have already visited)?

I have heard of applicants arranging an interview in the summer before they apply, but never in March/April (admissions is still busy with the current year).

It's up to you. I think it's worthwhile visiting early on in the process, but if you're worried about money, just wait until you actually interview.

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: General management
Schools:Cornell ($), Ross(accepted), Duke(accepted), Tuck, MIT, Columbia RD
 Q51  V36
Send PM
I am travelling to Hanover to have Tuck interview. Any suggestion for hotel? Hanover Inn is very costly. Do I need a rental car to move around?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
usmba2010 wrote:
I am travelling to Hanover to have Tuck interview. Any suggestion for hotel? Hanover Inn is very costly. Do I need a rental car to move around?

The nice thing about the Hanover Inn is you can walk to Tuck (10 min).

There are much cheaper hotels in White River Junction (about 5 min south on I-91). However, you'll either need a rental car or a taxi ride.

RF
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
usmba2010 wrote:

I drove up for an interview this past Tuesday, so I had a car and was mobile. The super 8 in white river junction was <$70 for the night, had wifi, heat, and a bed to sleep on - that's really all I needed. It was super close to hanover, too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Does Tuck follow the Wharton-Booth model of calling maybe one day before the decision release date, or is there a chance of hearing back much before the R1 Feb 5 decision date?
Current Student
Send PM
ezekiel2517 wrote:
Does Tuck follow the Wharton-Booth model of calling maybe one day before the decision release date, or is there a chance of hearing back much before the R1 Feb 5 decision date?

During Early Action, they started the calls on Monday (notification date was Friday), but I didn't get mine until Tuesday. So I was basically panicking until I got the call on Tuesday, because I was worried all the calls had been made. No idea whether they will do the same for later rounds, but to avoid undue panicking, you might want to avoid the boards that week!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Solid advice from a fellow New Yorker.
R1 decision week was hell, waiting on Wharton and Booth (and getting dinged from both).
Current Student
Send PM
ezekiel2517 wrote:
R1 decision week was hell, waiting on Wharton and Booth (and getting dinged from both).

Yeah, I could not agree more. Fortunately I got the call from Tuck an hour and a half before my (anticipated and in some ways welcome) ding from HBS. It would have been a lot more painful going through all my dings/WLs without knowing I had the offer from Tuck. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  32