Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 14:31 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 14:31
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Female MBA Applicants [#permalink]
I don't have any words of wisdom for those looking for schools for their children, since my daughter is only 6 months old AND I'm doing a part time program, but wanted to wish all the mommas good luck with their apps and their programs. Sure it will be a challenge, but well worth it in the end. Go Moms!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:MIT, Duke, IESE, ESADE
Send PM
Hi everyone,
Please add me too.

I'm 27, Ukrainian. GMAT 640
Applied in R1 to MIT and Duke. Interviewed with Duke but got rejected. Got ding from MIT without interview.
Impressed how some of you approached GMAT preparation and application. Have to admit my approach was less consistent and, as a result, less effective. Yet do not give up in pursuing MBA.
I have not decided on whether to apply anywhere for 2010 intake or not. Now leaning towards European schools. Considering IESE and ESADE and doing more research. Time goes, maybe will have to wait till the next application season.

Great thread! THANKS for inspiration!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Is anyone else thinking of attending the Forte MBA conference in Chicago this summer? I've found a couple of blog reviews about it from last year. It's an opportunity to network with students at Forte sponsor schools and also do some preliminary schmoozing with the corporate sponsors. I'm strongly considering showing up.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Ladies, I have a question about hair during interviews. if your hair is longer than shoulder length, how did you wear it during the interviews? Pony tail, bun, down, put up with a clip, etc?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Ladies, I have a question about hair during interviews. if your hair is longer than shoulder length, how did you wear it during the interviews? Pony tail, bun, down, put up with a clip, etc?

I put mine up with clip...I have curly hair too which just looks messy when its down.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I'd go with something off the face. Probably not a ponytail; that smacks of the gym to me. Either up in a clip or a nice bun; something that conveys a feeling of formality. Just my two cents.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
dcdevil wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

I put mine up with clip...I have curly hair too which just looks messy when its down.

I have long hair and I straighten it and pull it half back with a ponytail holder. Gets it out of my face. I look too young with a ponytail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
muffeebrown wrote:
Is anyone else thinking of attending the Forte MBA conference in Chicago this summer? I've found a couple of blog reviews about it from last year. It's an opportunity to network with students at Forte sponsor schools and also do some preliminary schmoozing with the corporate sponsors. I'm strongly considering showing up.

I'm considering it now that you've mentioned it! Pretty convenient too since I live in Chicago.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
I had read it wrong and thought the forte thing was in new york (last year). I think I may go now, though I would probably still need to spring for the hotel.
Current Student
Send PM
I'm also strongly considering it. I went to school at UIUC and still have a lot of friends in the area so it would be a good opportunity for me to kill a couple of birds with one stone. If we get enough women gmatclubbers to go maybe we could have a little meet-up as well :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:Wharton (ding), Kellogg (WL -ding), CBS (ding w/ int), Yale (int invite - ding), Anderson (in), Booth (int invite - ding)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

Normally, I have my hair up, but people always comment about what great hair I have. So for my interviews, I have kept my hair down, but I've made sure that I look neat, with no hair in my face. I put product in my hair to make sure that there would be no flyaways or hair in my face.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, SUpply Chain & Logistics, IB
Schools:CMU, Ross, Kellogg, Case, OSU, Stanford, Kelley
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
conmisdosmanos wrote:
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123202067

discuss?

This is really cool... but obtaining a work visa in France is very difficult compared to the US !
Also we need to know French.

Even if schools give good funding usually students prefer US to France / Europe etc
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I think increasing the representation of women in high-level business positions is an admirable goal, but I don't particularly agree with the way they're going about it. This is just a knee-jerk reaction on my part-but my impression of quota systems is that they create a) bad blood and b) can be abused.

However, it seems like many women who were previously opposed are getting on board and I'll admit that I know little about the political history of France.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 423 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Hey girls!!

Kudos for strating this thread! add me to the list of Class of 2011
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Kudos
muffeebrown wrote:
I think increasing the representation of women in high-level business positions is an admirable goal, but I don't particularly agree with the way they're going about it. This is just a knee-jerk reaction on my part-but my impression of quota systems is that they create a) bad blood and b) can be abused.

However, it seems like many women who were previously opposed are getting on board and I'll admit that I know little about the political history of France.

Agreed. I am certainly more in favor of women (everyone) attaining these positions based on merit and mutual respect. Such a law could even call worthy candidates into question based on gender. Personally, I hate that being female can give me an edge even as I appreciate it during this application process. It's all part of the huge problem of "creating" equality where it doesn't exist. Is it a necessary evil? I can't tell.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9