Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Calling all Female MBA Applicants [#permalink]
theDreamChaser wrote:
muffeebrown wrote:
I thought I'd bump this.

F/30 Currently in at Ross and Tepper (with Forte at Tepper), Waitlisted Booth/UCLA, Dinged/Tuck (w/o interview)/Wharton (w/interview) and formally withdrew from Darden.

Currently R2-ing at Columbia, Sloan & Fuqua.

Barring an admit from Columbia, Sloan or Booth-I will be heading to Ross.

that adds up to...10 schools....wow, who did you do it? good luck with R2s!

I basically stopped having a life. Several weekends, about 4 hours everyday after work, lunch breaks, on flights. It was largely due to my work schedule. I have a bunch of trials and transactions coming up in the new year and I was out for a couple of weeks for union business when half the applications were due. I knew that I had a limited timeframe so I basically just got through it.

Congratulations on your Kellog admit! My favourite outside counsel's son is going to be your classmate if you decide to go.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
muffeebrown wrote:
theDreamChaser wrote:
muffeebrown wrote:
I thought I'd bump this.

F/30 Currently in at Ross and Tepper (with Forte at Tepper), Waitlisted Booth/UCLA, Dinged/Tuck (w/o interview)/Wharton (w/interview) and formally withdrew from Darden.

Currently R2-ing at Columbia, Sloan & Fuqua.

Barring an admit from Columbia, Sloan or Booth-I will be heading to Ross.

that adds up to...10 schools....wow, who did you do it? good luck with R2s!

I basically stopped having a life. Several weekends, about 4 hours everyday after work, lunch breaks, on flights. It was largely due to my work schedule. I have a bunch of trials and transactions coming up in the new year and I was out for a couple of weeks for union business when half the applications were due. I knew that I had a limited timeframe so I basically just got through it.

Congratulations on your Kellog admit! My favourite outside counsel's son is going to be your classmate if you decide to go.

are you a lawyer going into business? I have heard the life style of trial lawyers, hats-off to you gals!
congrats to your Ross admit too! Kellogg and Ross are very similar in cultures and I am sure we will both have a great time attending them! :)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
Please add me in.

Russian, 28, 710 GMAT, 3.75 GPA, 5.5 yrs WE - public accounting

Applied to Wharton, Kellog, Booth and Ross - all R2

And I have a 2 y.o. daugher :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
QUestion for all you with kids. WHat are you doing about schools and daycares for them? I have applied round 2 to several of the same schools that I see mentioned above but am hesitant to start looking at these things at places that I might not get in....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
well, I've looked at what's available online so far. Since mine is only 2 (3 by matriculation), it's probably a bit easier to find a daycare, than it would be for school. I am not applying to any of the daycares until I know whether I am admitted, and ideally, I would try to find an at-home daycare. Or maybe meet a wife of a fellow student who is staying at home with a child and would like to make extra income :-)

The wait period for some of the good daycares can be quite long, up to 18 months (there's hope for 2nd year in the program lol), but I don't think it's worth stressing about until the admissions decision.
Current Student
Send PM
ykostyuk wrote:
well, I've looked at what's available online so far. Since mine is only 2 (3 by matriculation), it's probably a bit easier to find a daycare, than it would be for school. I am not applying to any of the daycares until I know whether I am admitted, and ideally, I would try to find an at-home daycare. Or maybe meet a wife of a fellow student who is staying at home with a child and would like to make extra income :-)

The wait period for some of the good daycares can be quite long, up to 18 months (there's hope for 2nd year in the program lol), but I don't think it's worth stressing about until the admissions decision.

Mine will be 3 too which I guess is easier than finding care for an infant but I have heard that the daycare lists are really long too. The bigger problem is enrolling the 5 year old in school...I called some of the work/life offices at some of the places I was applying to and they seemed to act like that would be a huge big deal and kind of problematic--it sounds like it will be hard to get him into kindergarten than it will for me to get into business school!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcdevil wrote:
ykostyuk wrote:

Mine will be 3 too which I guess is easier than finding care for an infant but I have heard that the daycare lists are really long too. The bigger problem is enrolling the 5 year old in school...I called some of the work/life offices at some of the places I was applying to and they seemed to act like that would be a huge big deal and kind of problematic--it sounds like it will be hard to get him into kindergarten than it will for me to get into business school!

I guess it depends greatly on the school, and the area you choose to live in. I have a friend at Booth, who has a 7 year old son, she had no problem enrolling him in school, and very happy with the school district. You may have to choose to live a little further from campus though to find a better school. Also, don't many daycares provide Kindergarden option? This maybe something to look into, at least both kids would be in the same place then. Will you have any support network with the kids?
Current Student
Send PM
ykostyuk wrote:
dcdevil wrote:
ykostyuk wrote:

I guess it depends greatly on the school, and the area you choose to live in. I have a friend at Booth, who has a 7 year old son, she had no problem enrolling him in school, and very happy with the school district. You may have to choose to live a little further from campus though to find a better school. Also, don't many daycares provide Kindergarden option? This maybe something to look into, at least both kids would be in the same place then. Will you have any support network with the kids?

I am hoping the work/life office will be awesome to me if I get into my 1st choice....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Forte Foundation --- Upcoming Online Events for Women Thinking About An MBA

Your Application is in...Now What?
January 27, 5-6 pm eastern

Now that you have submitted your applications for admission to the MBA program of your dreams, what comes next? Join Dr. Don Martin, Former Dean of Admission at Chicago Booth School of Business and author of "Roadmap for Graduate Study" in a discussion about how to handle the next series of decisions. Dr. Martin will discuss how to manage the outcomes of your applications, negotiate financial aid offers, choose where to attend and more.

https://www.fortefoundation.org/site/Pag ... nts_online
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I don't have any words of wisdom for those looking for schools for their children, since my daughter is only 6 months old AND I'm doing a part time program, but wanted to wish all the mommas good luck with their apps and their programs. Sure it will be a challenge, but well worth it in the end. Go Moms!
Intern
Intern
Schools:MIT, Duke, IESE, ESADE
Send PM
Hi everyone,
Please add me too.

I'm 27, Ukrainian. GMAT 640
Applied in R1 to MIT and Duke. Interviewed with Duke but got rejected. Got ding from MIT without interview.
Impressed how some of you approached GMAT preparation and application. Have to admit my approach was less consistent and, as a result, less effective. Yet do not give up in pursuing MBA.
I have not decided on whether to apply anywhere for 2010 intake or not. Now leaning towards European schools. Considering IESE and ESADE and doing more research. Time goes, maybe will have to wait till the next application season.

Great thread! THANKS for inspiration!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Current Student
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Is anyone else thinking of attending the Forte MBA conference in Chicago this summer? I've found a couple of blog reviews about it from last year. It's an opportunity to network with students at Forte sponsor schools and also do some preliminary schmoozing with the corporate sponsors. I'm strongly considering showing up.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Ladies, I have a question about hair during interviews. if your hair is longer than shoulder length, how did you wear it during the interviews? Pony tail, bun, down, put up with a clip, etc?
Current Student
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Ladies, I have a question about hair during interviews. if your hair is longer than shoulder length, how did you wear it during the interviews? Pony tail, bun, down, put up with a clip, etc?

I put mine up with clip...I have curly hair too which just looks messy when its down.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I'd go with something off the face. Probably not a ponytail; that smacks of the gym to me. Either up in a clip or a nice bun; something that conveys a feeling of formality. Just my two cents.
Current Student
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
dcdevil wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

I put mine up with clip...I have curly hair too which just looks messy when its down.

I have long hair and I straighten it and pull it half back with a ponytail holder. Gets it out of my face. I look too young with a ponytail.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9