Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Insead
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Stanford R2 (Interview)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Female MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Oh, great thread! I only applied to Stanford GSB, interviewed there in Feb, and am anxiously awaiting the decision. My SO is a current MBA student there.......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
Been awhile since I've been on this thread. Honestly, I've been trying to avoid the forums while I wait for decisions since I (like most others) have gotten a little high strung about this process :shock: Ha!

Anyway, for those who wanted an update on how apps are going, here is where I stand:
Applied and interviewed at Berkeley, UCLA, Wharton, LBS, and Tuck
W/L at Berkeley - I thought my interview went pretty well so I was a little surprised to be waitlisted...oh well
Accepted at Tuck - my first choice from the beginning so I'm considering withdrawing my apps from the other schools once I get the official acceptance letter, but the whole thing seems a little unreal and dreamlike, HA, so I just want to make sure its not a mistake... :)
Waiting on the others - since I think I'm probably Hanover-bound, I would like to help others out by withdrawing my apps from the others so (if I get in) I don't take a spot away from someone else... But, after paying such high app fees and traveling to visit other schools I also kind of want to see how it all shakes out before I commit.

Thoughts? Anyone else in the same spot?
Current Student
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
Hi ladies! Please add me to the list. I applied to Kellogg, Fuqua, Stern (through the Consortium) and Ross (through the Consortium). I was admitted to Kellogg, Fuqua and Ross and withdrew my application from Stern.

I'm leaning towards Kellogg as it has been my top choice for quite some time. Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions and congratulations to those who have been admitted!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
hey everyone!

just came across this thread (would love to be added to the list).

i'm narrowing it down between USC, UW Foster, and (hopefully) UCLA.

good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
hi all! would love to be added to this as well - applied to hbs and wharton, interviewed at both, and waiting to hear.

best of luck to everyone in these coming weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare, Biotech
Send PM
Kudos
My first post :-D now that I'm sleeping and breathing normally again after a stressful application period. Please add me to the list! Good luck to everyone!

R2
Wharton - first app, looks like a draft to me now (ding)
Kellogg - Accepted!
NYU - ding? (Interview invite 3/25/10)
HBS - Interview
Haas R3 - waiting

R3
Stanford - Thinking about applying

---
3/25/10 update

Talk about being surprised, totally out of the blue this morning...got an interview invite from NYU! I was certain it would be a ding since I haven't heard anything from them while others have already received decisions.

Originally posted by biotechgirl on 23 Mar 2010, 14:21.
Last edited by biotechgirl on 25 Mar 2010, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
biotechgirl wrote:
My first post :-D now that I'm sleeping and breathing normally again after a stressful application period. Please add me to the list! Good luck to everyone!

R2
Wharton - first app, looks like a draft to me now (ding)Kellogg - Accepted!
NYU - ding?
HBS - Interview
Haas R3 - waiting

R3
Stanford - Thinking about applying

Biotechgirl,
I feel the same way about the first app I submitted too! Mine went to Berkeley and ding without interview! I looked through my application afterwards and it looks terrible to me now.

Best of luck on your upcoming applications!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools:Booth, Kellogg, HBS, Stanford
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: Trading
WE 2: Business Development
Send PM
Hi all,
would love to be added to the list!

R2 -
Booth- accepted!
Kellogg, HBS, Stanford - waiting

I was perusing the Booth admitted site and saw the Forte Conference on the calendar...anyone have any thoughts on the value in attending?

Forté Foundation 2010 MBA Women's Conference, June 18 - 19 in Chicago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
You can add me to the list- though Im applying for only one school- Wisconsin- for 2010 intake.

Applying R3- deadline on 5 April- so I should know quickly if Im in or out.

BTW- does this anxiety go away after the application is submitted? I dont think Ive had a decent nights sleep in three weeks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
 Q47  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit
Send PM
Hi guys, I have a work life balance strategy question that may be best answered here (though I did ask in the Peer Review thread). I would really appreciate your insight!

Basic stats: 25 / F / 3.5 Ivy / 730 / Nonprofit

My partner and I both applied to graduate programs this year, and we were fortunate enough to get into Carnegie Mellon with scholarships. However, Boston is much better than Pittsburgh for what he wants to do, and he has some compelling options there. I, on the other hand, was waitlisted by Sloan. I've started the process of applying for jobs in Boston to potentially expand our options. (He got into a Bay Area school as well, but it's the least attractive option for him, and I have no reason to think I'll get a positive outcome at Stanford or Haas.)

My parents think I'd be crazy to turn down Tepper, because it's a "good enough" program to launch a sustainability consulting career. Also, it's especially convenient for my partner and me to attend grad school at the same time (and the same school), and from the standpoint of starting a family I'd be better off attaining my first post-MBA job at age 27 than 29.

On the other hand, being waitlisted by Sloan in such a tough year suggests that I'm close to competitive for a top program. Another year or so of targeted work experience could seriously expand my options for b-school and afterward through the alumni network.

What would you do, or how would you think about this problem? Thanks!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
onmymind wrote:
Hi guys, I have a work life balance strategy question that may be best answered here (though I did ask in the Peer Review thread). I would really appreciate your insight!

Basic stats: 25 / F / 3.5 Ivy / 730 / Nonprofit

My partner and I both applied to graduate programs this year, and we were fortunate enough to get into Carnegie Mellon with scholarships. However, Boston is much better than Pittsburgh for what he wants to do, and he has some compelling options there. I, on the other hand, was waitlisted by Sloan. I've started the process of applying for jobs in Boston to potentially expand our options. (He got into a Bay Area school as well, but it's the least attractive option for him, and I have no reason to think I'll get a positive outcome at Stanford or Haas.)

My parents think I'd be crazy to turn down Tepper, because it's a "good enough" program to launch a sustainability consulting career. Also, it's especially convenient for my partner and me to attend grad school at the same time (and the same school), and from the standpoint of starting a family I'd be better off attaining my first post-MBA job at age 27 than 29.

On the other hand, being waitlisted by Sloan in such a tough year suggests that I'm close to competitive for a top program. Another year or so of targeted work experience could seriously expand my options for b-school and afterward through the alumni network.

What would you do, or how would you think about this problem? Thanks!!

congrats on both of your admits first of all!

sounds like your partner got into either Sloan or HBS, and I would highly suggest him going to one of those schools since they are better in many ways than CMU. Then it comes to your decision, and that's something you will have to think through. Given that you are still relatively young, you can definitely take the time and re-apply. But also think about long term planning, I think for starting a family and all that, going to bschool earlier does have an advantage especially if you are a career switcher. Also, I keep telling people that there is no guarantee of getting into a top school next year if you get waitlisted this year since admission is quite random and the competition is not going away. So do have a plan B if you decide to re-apply.

there is no one right answer to this. I've seen couples given up top school options to be together. I myself will be doing long distance relationship. So it all comes down to personal choices specific to the couple. the best way to make the decision would be to discuss extensively with your partner and figure out what's best for you two. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
 Q47  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit
Send PM
Thanks, DreamChaser, for the insight! And congrats on Kellogg. I did the LDR thing for 2 years in college, and I'm not well suited to it temperamentally. Of course it really is the best thing for some couples, and I wish you guys much luck & happiness.

My partner applied to non-business graduate programs for which the rankings/trade-offs aren't so clearcut (read: I may be the breadwinner for a while :-)). I guess for now I'll try hard to find a dream job in Boston and also put down a deposit at Tepper.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
Well, Judge Business School it is for me. 8-) Given the profile of Cambridge University, I'm sure I will be able to combine my MBA with pharma/bio-tech courses and corporate experiences. Looking forward to moving to England in September!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
biotech girl- Wharton was the same for me! I can't believe I thought my essays were good enough at the time. Did you end up applying to Stanford R3? That forum's been really quiet for R3 and so far I think I'm the only one...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare, Biotech
Send PM
Kudos
designstory wrote:
biotech girl- Wharton was the same for me! I can't believe I thought my essays were good enough at the time. Did you end up applying to Stanford R3? That forum's been really quiet for R3 and so far I think I'm the only one...

I don't even want to read my Wharton essays haha but things could not have worked out for the better, I got into my first choice HBS for R2! :-D I was holding off submitting R3 Stanford until I heard from HBS, but pretty relieved I don't have to think about apps or essays anymore.

Best of luck on Stanford R3, not a bad thing if there's less R3 applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: Finance
Send PM
designstory wrote:

I applied Stanford R3. I'm a little nervous because I had a focus on transitioning to non-profit post-grad and it seems that anyone who had applied for non-profit was dinged. (They seems to like PE and VC at Stanford). What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stanford2day wrote:

I applied Stanford R3. I'm a little nervous because I had a focus on transitioning to non-profit post-grad and it seems that anyone who had applied for non-profit was dinged. (They seems to like PE and VC at Stanford). What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

700/3.7 double major architecture and mechanical engineering top 5 university/27/5 years WE in high tech, currently project manager

I want to go into consulting but my focus is on combining design thinking with business methods, hence Stanford which has the "d.school" and multidisciplinary classes in design thinking.

Hrmm I hadn't heard about Stanford being unfriendly for non-profit, but I could definitely see them taking fewer non-profit people than HBS or Haas... good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9