Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:43 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Schools:Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
Hmm, I also got it post-interview but I got it from Dana, who had also contacted me for some paperwork earlier. I thought it was only post-IV because of the missing paperwork. Maybe they send out completes post-IV. Now I'm also curious about others' experiences.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 299 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
hookemhorns86 wrote:
Yeah, I got it too after my interview. Was just wondering if it's a good/bad sign or just a standard mail for everyone.

AFAIK it is just a startdard email notfying that all the steps from your end are done.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
Hmm, I also got it post-interview but I got it from Dana, who had also contacted me for some paperwork earlier. I thought it was only post-IV because of the missing paperwork. Maybe they send out completes post-IV. Now I'm also curious about others' experiences.

I was in the same situation as you, and got the post-interview email from Dana as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
count me in R2 - i/v'ed
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q50  V47
GPA: 2.5 Applied Math Major
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Send PM
My interview has now become a phone interview due to the current weather situation in Pittsburgh (18" of snow so far with 8-12 more coming over the next two days). Will let you know how it goes afterward. The admissions staff has been extremely accommodating with the process. A big thank you to all those who posted their i/v questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, SUpply Chain & Logistics, IB
Schools:CMU, Ross, Kellogg, Case, OSU, Stanford, Kelley
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
i have an interview scheduled on 15th Feb on campus..

anybody else coming that day??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
so has the fat lady sung for those of us without interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Kudos
I had my phone interview on Wednesday. The questions were very much in line with what people have posted here. I was asked what the weakest part in my application was (which for me is my horrendous undergrad GPA). I said that it was a maturity issue, and a learning experience (both of which are completely true). Admissions committee couldn't be any nicer. Weather made the trip to Pittsburgh very difficult and they accommodated me very well, including conducting an interview on what was a snow day. Really enjoyed talking to them and think it's a great program.

I'll be in Pittsburgh from 2/23-25 for a tour and class visit. If anyone on this board will be there then, I'd be glad to meet up.

Good luck ammin and others who haven't gotten an invite yet. Keep your hopes up. I've been rejected from more schools than I care to talk about, but good things will happen whether it's at CMU or somewhere else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Interview Update [#permalink]
Kudos
I recently had my interview as well, and just wanted to update everyone as promised. It lasted approx 45 minutes, and the Q's I can remember were:

1. Walk me through your resume
2. What are you long term and short term goals
3. Why Tepper?
4. What makes you unique as an applicant?
5. Outside of work, what do you do for fun?
6. What is the weakest part of your application?

Note on question 6 to all low-GPAers like myself, I had read conflicting advice on whether or not to talk about this in interviews. However, in the face of a direct question such as this, I chose to highlight my low GPA and go over the points I had outlined in the additional essay of my application. my interviewer was well versed with my entire application and my transcript in particular (as opposed to some schools where the interviewer only sees your resume) and was waiting for me to address this (she explicitly said so). A casual conversation ensued about the quant classes I had taken since undergrad, the QSRP classes, the possibility that an acceptance may be conditional on the completion of the QSRP program, and my willingness to enroll in the QSRP classes voluntarily if that was not the case. If you have a low GPA like myself, I would definitely recommend addressing this if asked about app weaknesses.

In general, my interview was a little more informal than I had expected and it helped loosen me up. I am not a morning person, but I would recommend scheduling your interview for the morning as I did. I was able to relax and have fun during the rest of the events throughout the day (class visit, info session, lunch with students, and campus tour). I must have talked to almost 15 students, and everyone was extremely nice and they were all enthusiastic ambassadors.

Overall I was very impressed with the admissions staff, students, and facilities at Tepper. Nothing to do but nervously wait now...

Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Kudos
I actually wasn't sure whether they had read my application, and I don't know what your GPA was, but I think in a situation where the GPA is an obvious shortcoming in an application, you'd have to mention it. It gives you a chance to explain what went wrong and why it won't happen again. Besides, if the GPA is the obvious weakest point in the application (like it is in my case), you'd have to be crazy to say that something is weaker. Why bring up a non-obvious flaw?

I think you played it right. Nothing left to do but wait. Shaun, do you mind posting your profile either on this thread or the master applicant thread?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
LetsGoMets wrote:
I had my phone interview on Wednesday. The questions were very much in line with what people have posted here. I was asked what the weakest part in my application was (which for me is my horrendous undergrad GPA). I said that it was a maturity issue, and a learning experience (both of which are completely true). Admissions committee couldn't be any nicer. Weather made the trip to Pittsburgh very difficult and they accommodated me very well, including conducting an interview on what was a snow day. Really enjoyed talking to them and think it's a great program.

I'll be in Pittsburgh from 2/23-25 for a tour and class visit. If anyone on this board will be there then, I'd be glad to meet up.

Good luck ammin and others who haven't gotten an invite yet. Keep your hopes up. I've been rejected from more schools than I care to talk about, but good things will happen whether it's at CMU or somewhere else.

I will be at CMU on Feb 24th for a class visit, tour, and lunch. We could meet up if you are interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
LetsGoMets wrote:
Shaun, do you mind posting your profile either on this thread or the master applicant thread?

Sure, here are the basics:

not-for-profit accounting/finance work experience (6 yrs)
GPA 2.80
GMAT 740 Quant 49 Verbal 42

will be happy to answer any specific q's you had as well. Good luck with your app!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Interview Update [#permalink]
Kudos
shaun3 wrote:
If you have a low GPA like myself, I would definitely recommend addressing this if asked about app weaknesses.

You made the right move. I also addressed my low GPA during my Tepper interview, which apparently worked out for me. My interviewer went as far as saying that GPA is not a very important factor in the admissions process and that a low GPA can easily be negated with strong course selection, upward trends, high concentration GPA (if business/finance), etc... best of luck!
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Interview Update [#permalink]
MBA42012 wrote:
shaun3 wrote:
If you have a low GPA like myself, I would definitely recommend addressing this if asked about app weaknesses.

You made the right move. I also addressed my low GPA during my Tepper interview, which apparently worked out for me. My interviewer went as far as saying that GPA is not a very important factor in the admissions process and that a low GPA can easily be negated with strong course selection, upward trends, high concentration GPA (if business/finance), etc... best of luck!

Although I might add the adcom member I interviewed with, despite having previously read my application, asked me what my GPA was after I mentioned it as a weakness. I think it was just to see the reaction to receiving that question in the interview setting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, SUpply Chain & Logistics, IB
Schools:CMU, Ross, Kellogg, Case, OSU, Stanford, Kelley
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed on campus - feb 15th..
It was a completely different experience as I was invited for a Women in Tepper day visit..
there were 30 women and there was a schedule for the whole day

I liked the class environment and the students were all very friendly !
Had awesome lunch and tea party too in the evening !!

I had a wonderful experience.

I interviewed with an Adcom.. pretty cool and was more like a conversation
Just the general questions:
Why MBA?
Why MBA now?
Why Tepper?
What would you like to do after an MBA?

Good luck to the rest of you !
Also I received an email yesterday which said that my application is complete and I would be receiving the decision on March 15th !!

So I guess its just wait, wait and wait till then !!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
I'm thinking of applying to Tepper in R3. Is Tepper's R3 different from R3 for other schools? Are applicants at a significant disadvantage compared to R1/R2 applicants? Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  26