Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: BA
Schools:insead
 Q23  V29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS(R2) Interview, Kellogg(R2) Admit
WE 1: Hi-Tech
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
jaiswalvivek wrote:
yangsta8,

Thanks for your insightful reply.
Is there a way the AdCom can help us connect with an alumni or someone who is presently studying there, I think if we can get someone from INSEAD onboard this thread (perhaps an ex-GMAT Club member) it would be a big big help.

How is your application coming up. The essays are quite challenging and even more so because of the word limits :)

All the best with your application.

Cheers,
Vivek.

I am really trying to get in touch with an INSEAD student too. But I dont find any way to do that.
My other schools such as Kellogg and LBS provide the contact details of current students in the club pages.
The same doesnt seem to be the case with INSEAD. Am I missing something here or is the school deliberately stopping us from randomly contacting the students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Does anyone have any insight on how INSEAD views people such as Indians or Chinese with U.S. undergraduate degree and work experience, for diversity purposes, especially during admissions? I am referring to foreign-born U.S. graduates, not Indian-Americans or Chinese Americans.

Arguably, these people do not bring much insight about the corporate culture in their home countries, because they have never worked in their home countries.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
Does anyone have any insight on how INSEAD views people such as Indians or Chinese with U.S. undergraduate degree and work experience, for diversity purposes, especially during admissions? I am referring to foreign-born U.S. graduates, not Indian-Americans or Chinese Americans.

Arguably, these people do not bring much insight about the corporate culture in their home countries, because they have never worked in their home countries.

I think this is a strength. The weakness of this pool is that they are overly represented not that they are lacking in bring diversity. In fact a good population of INSEAD is represented by individuals who have worked and lived in many different countries. I believe the idea of diversity is not just to be a stereotypical representation of a specific culture but people who have shown that they are accepting of many different cultures. I think that's why they have a 3 language requirements. So they get a class of individuals that always have a global background.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Kudos
GoBruins wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

I think this is a strength. The weakness of this pool is that they are overly represented not that they are lacking in bring diversity. In fact a good population of INSEAD is represented by individuals who have worked and lived in many different countries. I believe the idea of diversity is not just to be a stereotypical representation of a specific culture but people who have shown that they are accepting of many different cultures. I think that's why they have a 3 language requirements. So they get a class of individuals that always have a global background.

++

BTW - I fall in the category of Indian who has studied and worked abroad.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

++

BTW - I fall in the category of Indian who has studied and worked abroad.

Agree that it is a strength.

In relation to the original comment about not bringing insight from the corporate culture of a home country, work culture is only one aspect of diversity. If you can demonstrate diversity in other ways that show cultural awareness/sensitivity that is just as valid.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
highhopes09 wrote:
jaiswalvivek wrote:
yangsta8,

Thanks for your insightful reply.
Is there a way the AdCom can help us connect with an alumni or someone who is presently studying there, I think if we can get someone from INSEAD onboard this thread (perhaps an ex-GMAT Club member) it would be a big big help.

How is your application coming up. The essays are quite challenging and even more so because of the word limits :)

All the best with your application.

Cheers,
Vivek.

I am really trying to get in touch with an INSEAD student too. But I dont find any way to do that.
My other schools such as Kellogg and LBS provide the contact details of current students in the club pages.
The same doesnt seem to be the case with INSEAD. Am I missing something here or is the school deliberately stopping us from randomly contacting the students?

I wouldn't say the school is deliberately trying to stop you. However it does seem there are no real student ambassadors on the website. I don't know where you live but perhaps you can attend an info session or go the school. If that is not a possibility perhaps try emailing the school, or looking up individual club sites you are interested in for contact details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
guys,

how is the INSEAD application coming up?
I was just wondering how do we send the documents! Is is necessary to send the documents only after submission of the online application, or is it fine to send the documents first and in the meantime complete the online application?
Also, do we have to quote anything specific on the documents like the passport number or the application ID, for unique identification of documents?

Those who have already applied - could you please throw some light on this matter.

Thanq in advance,
Vivek.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
jaiswalvivek wrote:
Is is necessary to send the documents only after submission of the online application, or is it fine to send the documents first and in the meantime complete the online application?
Also, do we have to quote anything specific on the documents like the passport number or the application ID, for unique identification of documents?

This is a good question. My documents won't arrive in France on time if I send them after I submit the online form so I assume its fine to submit prior.

Hoping someone can confirm the following:
1) If English is my native language, do I only need to send my transcript as the only physical item?
2) The language requirement can be submitted after admissions is that right? (until November if im not wrong, for Jan admissions)
3) If I have reported my GMAT online there is no physical item that needs to be sent?
4) Viveks question - Do we need to send anything else identifying our documents?

Thanks in advance :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
yangsta8 wrote:
jaiswalvivek wrote:
Is is necessary to send the documents only after submission of the online application, or is it fine to send the documents first and in the meantime complete the online application?

This is a good question. My documents won't arrive in France on time if I send them after I submit the online form so I assume its fine to submit prior.

1) If English is my native language, do I only need to send my transcript as the only physical item?
2) The language requirement can be submitted after admissions is that right? (until November if im not wrong, for Jan admissions)
3) If I have reported my GMAT online there is no physical item that needs to be sent?
4) Viveks question - Do we need to send anything else identifying our documents?

1. Yes - you still need to send a transcript
2. You will be asked to officially declare your language at a much later stage post admittance- so dont worry abt it now
3. Yes - that should not be an issue - please ensure that all your GMAT scores are reported to INSEAD. In my case, I had to a last minute run because my 2008 score hadnt gotten to them
4. I dont believe you need to send any identifying information - most transcripts have basic information on them which should allow them collate the info to your file. It may be a good idea to followup with them to ensure receipt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
RD1 here. Most probably will submit it all early next week as I have most of the stuff ready.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
2. You will be asked to officially declare your language at a much later stage post admittance- so dont worry abt it now
3. Yes - that should not be an issue - please ensure that all your GMAT scores are reported to INSEAD. In my case, I had to a last minute run because my 2008 score hadnt gotten to them
4. I dont believe you need to send any identifying information - most transcripts have basic information on them which should allow them collate the info to your file. It may be a good idea to followup with them to ensure receipt.

Thanks sm332 again for your answers :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
yangsta8 wrote:
jaiswalvivek wrote:

thanks sm332,

another suggestion i got in some other forum is that one should also include a cover letter listing all the documents one is sending in that packet and also provide information such as DOB, Passport Number and contact info i.e. mailID and Phone number.

This should do the work I believe.

Hope this helps,
Vivek.
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Hi, all. Count me in also. I am working on finalizing the essays right now. The recommendations are done and I just have to hit the submit button next weekend. Keep up the good work, we are almost done! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
Folks,
I want to add a support letter from someone to my application. Should I:
a. Add it in a sealed envelop to the package of documents that I send them
b. Fax it to the adcom
c. E-Mailing it to the adcom
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
knfevg wrote:
Folks,
I want to add a support letter from someone to my application. Should I:
a. Add it in a sealed envelop to the package of documents that I send them
b. Fax it to the adcom
c. E-Mailing it to the adcom

Hi, I would choose either option a or c, provided that the additional recommender sends the letter to the adcom directly.

Hope that helps. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys. Can someone chime about the the photo portion of the app? Are there specified requirements for this photo? I mean can i include any photo (including with pictures of other ppl in it)?

Please advise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am planning to apply in R1. Can anyone tell me from whom you managed to get attestation of the marksheets? Would it suffice to get attestation from a notary public?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70