Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
I might not be able to make it to R1 of Jan2011 and since I have only 3 years of workEx , do I stand any chance if I apply in R2

Someone please...any info regarding this...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Media, Tech, Entrep.
Schools:INSEAD R1 D'11
Send PM
avbhagav wrote:
I might not be able to make it to R1 of Jan2011 and since I have only 3 years of workEx , do I stand any chance if I apply in R2

R1 might be a little better, but I doubt your chances would drastically worse if you go for R2. In fact, they might improve if you can create a better application in the meantime.

The "common wisdom" seems to be this: If you're from a typical background as far as adcom are concerned (eg. Indian IT, and I've heard French Engineer, Israel Lawyer bandied about) then applying early is probably more important than if you have a more unusual profile.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
avbhagav wrote:

I got accepted two weeks ago in Round 2 for the Sept2010 intake. I currently only have 2,5 years of work experience, so you definitely stand a chance. I doubt there's much of a difference in your chances between round 1 and 2, just avoid round 3 and 4. I believe that if you don't make it in round 2, you wouldn't have made it in round 1 either. Three years work experience is very little for INSEAD, so it depends more on what kind of professional experience whether you have a good chance for the Jan2011 intake at all. If you could tell me more about your profile (e.g., industry/firm/gmat/age/extra curr./ ...), then it's easier to comment.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy, Innovation
Schools:ISB,INSEAD,Yale,CMU,Darden,UNC
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (3 years)
WE 2: Market Research & Consulting (less than a year)
WE 3: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (2 years)
Send PM
at last submitted my app for R1, Jan 2011 intake. I got a email indicating that my app is complete.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Suker wrote:
avbhagav wrote:

I got accepted two weeks ago in Round 2 for the Sept2010 intake. I currently only have 2,5 years of work experience, so you definitely stand a chance. I doubt there's much of a difference in your chances between round 1 and 2, just avoid round 3 and 4. I believe that if you don't make it in round 2, you wouldn't have made it in round 1 either. Three years work experience is very little for INSEAD, so it depends more on what kind of professional experience whether you have a good chance for the Jan2011 intake at all. If you could tell me more about your profile (e.g., industry/firm/gmat/age/extra curr./ ...), then it's easier to comment.

Join the party!! Which campus are you starting off in?
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
Suker wrote:
avbhagav wrote:

Join the party!! Which campus are you starting off in?

Starting in Singapore ! I'm from Europe, so Fontainebleu isn't too exciting for me. ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
vishnupr wrote:
at last submitted my app for R1, Jan 2011 intake. I got a email indicating that my app is complete.

Hi Vishu ~ When did u submit your app, because I submitted my app on Mar 2nd but other than the auto generated mail (which has the payment link and the application id) I did not recieve anything after.
Thanks ~ Krishna
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
Quote:
Starting in Singapore ! I'm from Europe, so Fontainebleu isn't too exciting for me. ;)

fair pt ... i have lived in big cities all my life. So figured need to get some rural life experience ;)
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
Quote:

fair pt ... i have lived in big cities all my life. So figured need to get some rural life experience ;)

Never lived in a big city, so new experience to me. I'll probably come to Fonty in P4/P5 though. Hope to see you there. :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
chaitu69 wrote:
vishnupr wrote:

Hi Vishu ~ When did u submit your app, because I submitted my app on Mar 2nd but other than the auto generated mail (which has the payment link and the application id) I did not recieve anything after.
Thanks ~ Krishna

Krishna, I submitted the app on March the 1st and sent all the supporting documents with UPS on the same day. Yesterday I got a confirmation mail.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks Evgeny. I'll wait

knfevg wrote:
chaitu69 wrote:
vishnupr wrote:

Thanks ~ Krishna

Krishna, I submitted the app on March the 1st and sent all the supporting documents with UPS on the same day. Yesterday I got a confirmation mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yangsta8 wrote:
semaj wrote:
Hi, those of you who already submitted the application.. Do you know the requirements for the photograph - Format and size?

As SM332 said I think its best to think passport photo. The only supported format is JPEG and the max size I think is 2MB (says in the app as well as the photo upload section). So I took a picture with my camera, resized it and compressed to JPEG and had no probs with that. Also don't worry about cropping, when you upload the image the site gives you an option to crop it online.

Thanks! I submitted my application today.. Anyone applying from the Netherlands?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chartered Accountant
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:LBS (R2), Booth (R2)
 Q49  V34 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
Hi all,

I submitted my application today. Hoping for the best

All the best to everyone !

Regards,
Varun
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
semaj wrote:
yangsta8 wrote:
semaj wrote:
Hi, those of you who already submitted the application.. Do you know the requirements for the photograph - Format and size?

As SM332 said I think its best to think passport photo. The only supported format is JPEG and the max size I think is 2MB (says in the app as well as the photo upload section). So I took a picture with my camera, resized it and compressed to JPEG and had no probs with that. Also don't worry about cropping, when you upload the image the site gives you an option to crop it online.

Thanks! I submitted my application today.. Anyone applying from the Netherlands?

From the INSEAD records, 10 dutchies made it in so far for class of 11J: 9 male and 1 female.
Current Student
Send PM
Quote:

From the INSEAD records, 10 dutchies made it in so far for class of 11J: 9 male and 1 female.

In case anyone is interested - as of this writing -- there are 42 Indian admits for 11J: and surprisingly decent ratio, 30 Men & 12 Women
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
Where do you get this info from?
Current Student
Send PM
knfevg wrote:
Where do you get this info from?

once you are admitted - you have access to an online directory with some brief snippets of all your classmates.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70