Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:58 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Marshall, Mccombs
 Q40  V42
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU, UCLA, USC, Maryland
 Q44  V47
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink]
any R1 admitted person here knows the deadline for deposit? ^^

also got a question about peopel have applied McCombs and Marshall, which one would you choose if both admitted? I thought overall texas is bit better but usc has better branding in LA...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Marshall >>> UT in California.

UT owns the state of the Texas and has a better presence in the south obviously.

Depends on where you want to live but USC's alumni and networking is also stronger tech wise as well.

superdkny wrote:

also got a question about peopel have applied McCombs and Marshall, which one would you choose if both admitted? I thought overall texas is bit better but usc has better branding in LA...
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2: Haas (WL); HBS; Stanford; UCLA Anderson ($); USC Marshall ($$)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.2 - Ivy
WE 1: Banking/Finance
Send PM
Just received an interview invite about an hour ago - very excited! I'm located in NYC, so it looks like invitations are beginning to go out for non-local applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would have to put some serious thought into that and visit both schools (Haven't been to UT before). For me it would come down to non academic reasons. Would I rather leave LA and live out of state for 2 years (which I have never done) or stay near family and friends. Academically both are good schools and carry a little more weight in their respective states.

superdkny wrote:

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Those that were invited to interview this week...were you given only the option of Saturday MArch 20th or during the week next week?

Also, Cyrez8...what are your thoughts on UCSD? I am in a very similar situation as you....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
I read on BW that non-local interviews are starting to go out in force today. We'll see.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was given the option for my USC interview.

Also, in regards to UCSD it depends upon where you did your undergrad (I did mine at UCSD) and what you want out of your MBA.

I think UCSD is going to soar in the rankings in 5 years. They are definitely going to be better than UCI and 3rd I believe amongst the UC's behind Cal and UCLA.

The way UCSD has been set up is amazing and the campus/buildings are gorgeous and the faculty is top notch. The entire program has about 150 full-time MBA students so it is very close knit as well.

Tell me a little more about your background, aspirations and I'll give you more information on UCSD.

dcdevil wrote:
Those that were invited to interview this week...were you given only the option of Saturday MArch 20th or during the week next week?

Also, Cyrez8...what are your thoughts on UCSD? I am in a very similar situation as you....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Sending you a PM with the specifics

cyrez8 wrote:

Also, in regards to UCSD it depends upon where you did your undergrad (I did mine at UCSD) and what you want out of your MBA.

I think UCSD is going to soar in the rankings in 5 years. They are definitely going to be better than UCI and 3rd I believe amongst the UC's behind Cal and UCLA.

The way UCSD has been set up is amazing and the campus/buildings are gorgeous and the faculty is top notch. The entire program has about 150 full-time MBA students so it is very close knit as well.

Tell me a little more about your background, aspirations and I'll give you more information on UCSD.

dcdevil wrote:

Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA R2, USC R2, Haas R3, Merage R3
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Hey Cyrez8

Why do you think UCSD is better than UCI and 3rd amongst the UC's? I never even considered the school as they haven't been ranked yet. I would love to hear your reasoning!

Thanks!

cyrez8 wrote:

dcdevil wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:columbia - interview(RD), UCLA- interview (rd 2), USC- interview(rd 2), oxford- interview (rd 2), cambridge- waitlist (rd 3), london b-school- ding w/out interview(rd 2), yale (rd 2)
 Q46  V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
hi guys,

i had an interview on sat, feb 20 and just wanted to let everyone know what happened. usc prob isn't my first choice but i have never been to their campus before and my god is it beautiful... my interview was at 9am on saturday which seemed crazy early to me. the woman who interviewed me was an alum and was well spoken, intelligent and personable. I made 1 or 2 mistakes on the interview not being prepared for the answer which i was a little pissed about but wtvr. they didn't ask anything out of the ordinary, it was the standard tell us about your resume/why mba/why now/why usc etc. I do plan on going into a new field after b-school and one of the questions she asked was "other than what u will learn at usc, why would a company in the new field hire you" which i thought was an interesting question.

it was also interesting waiting for the interview with about 6 or 7 other ppl who were applicants and we started talking about our backgrounds.

my stats

690/3 yrs we in marketing/3.7undergrad gpa

good luck to all of you! I had an interview at ucla also and i was also impressed by the guy who interviewed me there. overall, i was left with a pretty good impression of both schools, but even more the campuses which are just incredible.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rady is NOT the 3rd best UC right now at all.

However, they are poised to be within 5-10 years.

-The campus is gorgeous (1st building completed and 2nd building coming).

-The faculty is top notch b/c they are recruiting some amazing talent with the San Diego beaches/weather

-The Lab-to-Market course series is groundbreaking and is leading to numerous startup companies being created right out of the MBA program

Couple these facts (among others) with the backing of UCSD (which is clearly the 3rd best undergraduate UC behind Cal and UCLA) makes Rady an easy fit for a top 30 ranking in a few years.

aardvar11 wrote:
Hey Cyrez8

Why do you think UCSD is better than UCI and 3rd amongst the UC's? I never even considered the school as they haven't been ranked yet. I would love to hear your reasoning!

Thanks!

cyrez8 wrote:

dcdevil wrote:

Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg(Accept), Haas, Fuqua, McCombs, Columbia, USC
 Q51  V39
GPA: 3.33
WE 1: 4 Years High Tech
WE 2: Marketing Management Role at Non-Profit
WE 3: 2 Year International based internet startup.
Send PM
Just received an interview invite to San Fran in 2nd week of March. It was a long wait and best of luck to all of you. And yes, I may also have the USC vs UT-Austin Dilemma if I am lucky. Unless I am really lucky and get Duke in my mix. haha
Manager
Manager
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
If you guys have specific questions Austin or UT you can post here or PM me. I went to UT undergrad. Austin is an amazing city but its not for everyone. If you're deciding between the two schools it would come down to what you're looking to do afterwords, where you want to work, and what type person you are (would weigh heavily into whether you like LA or Austin better). If you're not so much into the glitz of LA, Austin is much better for someone who is more chill, outdoorsy, and has eclectic tastes.

Fwiw, I did not apply to UT Austin but did apply (and get admitted) to USC. That had to do with two things though. First, post MBA interests. Secondly, and more importantly, my wife is a 4th year med student applying to residency and there are no anesthesia residency programs in Austin. If it weren't for the wife thing I would have applied to UT and been happy to go there since I'm a Texan born and raised and would be happy to stay in Texas the rest of my life.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
To the non locals out there, did they give you a choice on where to interview? Do you think its advantageous to go to campus to interview? or interview with the director of admissions in your city, but not go to campus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any non-local interviews go out tonight?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg(Accept), Haas, Fuqua, McCombs, Columbia, USC
 Q51  V39
GPA: 3.33
WE 1: 4 Years High Tech
WE 2: Marketing Management Role at Non-Profit
WE 3: 2 Year International based internet startup.
Send PM
paulymba wrote:
To the non locals out there, did they give you a choice on where to interview? Do you think its advantageous to go to campus to interview? or interview with the director of admissions in your city, but not go to campus.

I wasn't given a choice(other than 3 dates to pick from), So I will do one in S.F which I am perfectly fine with.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Invite at 6:45 EST
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert