Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
jaiswalvivek wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH

Hi,

I have not received any confirmation mail on application package till now.

My documents had reached INSEAD on the 8th and I completed my online application on the 10th. But because INSEAD's payment system was down on 10th I was told by AdCom to make the payment the next day. I made the payment on 11th and replied to them seeking confirmation on my application package. Till now there has not been any mail from them!?
Do they inform candidates if something is missing in the application package? I hope the payment on 11th doesn't mar my chances in R1 :(

I don't know what to do, should I wait or should I drop a mail to them?

Hi Jaiswal, I would suggest you wait for two more days, till Tuesday evening. If you still do not hear anything from them, send a follow up email. I read in BW forum that the Adcom has time till 24-Mar-10 to respond if the appln is complete.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chartered Accountant
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:LBS (R2), Booth (R2)
 Q49  V34 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
Hi all,

I got a reply from the adcom rep "HS" confirming that my application file is complete... man .. i feel relieved now...step 1 is done! 8-)

FYI ... I had couriered the docs through Fedex and they were delivered on the 8th of March...Submitted the application on the 10th of March...

Regards,
Varun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
semaj wrote:
jaiswalvivek wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks guys for sharing your inputs. I received a confirmation mail (on application package) from INSEAD today and I think it's advisable to wait for a few days to hear from them.

Cheers,
SH

Hi,

I have not received any confirmation mail on application package till now.

My documents had reached INSEAD on the 8th and I completed my online application on the 10th. But because INSEAD's payment system was down on 10th I was told by AdCom to make the payment the next day. I made the payment on 11th and replied to them seeking confirmation on my application package. Till now there has not been any mail from them!?
Do they inform candidates if something is missing in the application package? I hope the payment on 11th doesn't mar my chances in R1 :(

I don't know what to do, should I wait or should I drop a mail to them?

Hi Jaiswal, I would suggest you wait for two more days, till Tuesday evening. If you still do not hear anything from them, send a follow up email. I read in BW forum that the Adcom has time till 24-Mar-10 to respond if the appln is complete.

Thanks Seemaj!

I received a confirmation mail yesterday evening. I feel much relieved now :)

Cheers,
Vivek
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
Hello people, I have reapplied in R1 for the Jan 2011 intake, after being placed on the waitlist last year. Does anyone know any success stories of reapplicants? Also, will there be any edge because I was on the waitlist till the last minute for Jan 2010? And lastly, when is the earliest we can expect to get interview invites?

I'm asking 'cos I have an admit from Oxford and the deposit date there would clash with the INSEAD interview date :-( so a bit of a dilemma...

Does it really matter? Would you really let a 'safe place' at Oxford slip away because of an interview invitation from INSEAD? Your chances would still only be about 50% ... quite risky imo.

Majority of interview invitations get sent out in the last 7 days before the interview notification deadline. The majority is sent out before the actual deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Kudos
rishiphadke wrote:

Accept Oxford's offer and go ahead with INSEAD's interview. The dilemma will begin if/when you get an offer from INSEAD.
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

Accept Oxford's offer and go ahead with INSEAD's interview. The dilemma will begin if/when you get an offer from INSEAD.

++
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Admitted students: I wanted your opinion on how important do you think international work experience is for INSEAD? How many yrs (if at all) int work-ex did you have?
The form actually has a separate table for the applicant to list various int work experiences.
Is someone w/o any international WE at a disadvantage while applying?
Current Student
Send PM
whirlwind wrote:
Admitted students: I wanted your opinion on how important do you think international work experience is for INSEAD? How many yrs (if at all) int work-ex did you have?
The form actually has a separate table for the applicant to list various int work experiences.
Is someone w/o any international WE at a disadvantage while applying?

It certainly helps to have intl work exp - but it can be worked around if you have other intl experience or really compelling reasons for wanting intl exposure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 574 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I recently went to an Inhouse event and met a current student who had never been abroad. She worked in a managerial role in her home country and wanted to break into consulting. After coming to INSEAD, she changed her plans and now wants to join her family business.

I guess its all about selling yourself to the adcom. If you lack intl work ex, show international outlook through other means. Maybe you have international clients or suppliers. Just look around for examples where your inter cultural competence and international outlook come into play.

my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
ppl, when can we expect to hear from INSEAD? Is it really will happen only on April the 16th?
Current Student
Send PM
knfevg wrote:
ppl, when can we expect to hear from INSEAD? Is it really will happen only on April the 16th?

Yes - INSEAD is usually on or very close to deadline.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm an R1 applicant, eagerly awaiting the response to my app. If anyone is interested, I'm creating a tracker in google docs. If anyone wants to join in, send me a msg in private with your email address and I'll invite you to be able to edit the tracker. Don't post your email address in public, as that will invite spamming.

Good luck everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
ariel wrote:
*bump*

Can one of the mods perhaps start a roll call if/when they get a chance? Might be easier to keep track of what's happening given that interview invites should start rolling in any day now.

@ariel don't get everyone's hopes too far up - some wise words quoted from OMJ of the Sept 2010 thread:

OutOfMyJeans wrote:
INSEAD does not work on rolling basis. They will start reviewing all applications after the submission deadline for that round. INSEAD has traditionally released a few interview invites earlier (like 2 weeks before the interview notification deadline). However, 99% of the invites are extended in the last 2 days. And, the interview invite is always by e-mail and not by phone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP &amp; Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:

@ariel don't get everyone's hopes too far up - some wise words quoted from OMJ of the Sept 2010 thread:

OutOfMyJeans wrote:
INSEAD does not work on rolling basis. They will start reviewing all applications after the submission deadline for that round. INSEAD has traditionally released a few interview invites earlier (like 2 weeks before the interview notification deadline). However, 99% of the invites are extended in the last 2 days. And, the interview invite is always by e-mail and not by phone.

Good to know - thanks for pasting this, HankScorpio.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V41
Send PM
I have applied to INSEAD R1 Jan 2011 intake. I received an email from the Dean of the MBA programme explaning the Campus Exchange Bidding Programme and other current highlights. Anyone else get this email?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70