Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:06 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Darden - IN One for One!
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
vanilla wrote:
Anyone attend Darden Days? How was it?

Posted from my mobile device
I loved it. It actually went a long way towards changing my mind. I'd place my decision right now at about 80% in favor of Darden. Will be making the final decision this week.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA Level 2 Candidate
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Schools:RD 2: Darden Class of 2012
 Q49  V35
Send PM
/agree with all the comments above mine.

If you weren't convinced about Darden before attending you most certainly should be now. They pulled out all the stops including paying mother nature to act her best.

I think my favourite part about this school is how small the class sizes are. With only just over 300 in the admitted class you will quickly know everyone. Seeing how the first year's all interacted with each other definitely backs up my point.

For those who didn't attend there is a 2 day camping trip right before classes commence in August. I will try to find the flyer and post the details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
Couldn't agree more with Darden2012! Great time, great people, great weather and obviously great facilities. Can't wait to get down to Charlottesville in about 3 months!

Darden2012, hopefully I wasn't one of those 3 snobby people although I did say I was 95% committed to Darden (BTW, it's now 100%).

Looking forward to meeting everyone down there.

Haha I doubt it was you ;).

What is your name ps? What was the other school you were debating between?

I'm Kendall, possibly seen as the obnoxious blonde girl. So, I hope you didn't dislike me ;).

Did you guys get a place yet?

I look forward to meeting everyone else in the fall :).

Current Student
Send PM
Darden2012 wrote:
Amazing on top of amazing.

I'm so excited and humbled to be going to such an amazing school with such an awesome community. Everyone is so nice and cool. There were only about 3 people who seemed a little too snobby and they haven't committed yet.

Such a great time.

The next two years is going to be amazing.

Here's hoping I wasn't one of those three, either, but good job making the lot of us self-conscious :) Semi-drunken soccer was definitely one of the highlights of Friday night :-D
Current Student
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
Hey, what's your name and what group were you in this weekend? Wonder how many people (I already know of two; DJ and Darden2012) I met this weekend who are from GMAT Club.

By the way, duh, I forgot to add myself to the roll call it seems - applied, interviewed and admitted in Round Two.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
ACNguy wrote:
Hey, what's your name and what group were you in this weekend? Wonder how many people (I already know of two; DJ and Darden2012) I met this weekend who are from GMAT Club.

By the way, duh, I forgot to add myself to the roll call it seems - applied, interviewed and admitted in Round Two.

My name's Andy, I was in A-2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
I have my interview coming up this week. Anyone else interviewing this late?

Any tips on the interview? Do they still do the "tell me your life story" question that's all over accepted.com?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone,

Here's my round 3 update. I called admissions last Thursday in hopes to get a decision so I could prepare to leave work and make a move. Currently I've been accepted into Cornell's AMBA program that begins May 13th cutting everything way too close for comfort. I was told that admissions was unable to make ANY decisions on any of the 3rd round candidates until round 2 commitment checks came in. They said I wouldn't hear until this week at the earliest.

As a result I've been forced to put in my 2 weeks at work. Luckily work understood the predicament and will let me continue to work through June if I'm accepted to Darden.

It's reasonable to assume that since 300 people attended Darden Days, and 99% of these students will enroll, it's likely there aren't many spaces left. They are probably holding back to prevent themselves from over-enrolling. I also think the individual (AEF2813) is a special case since she applied to the JD-MBA program.

At this point I'm not expecting a phone call any sooner than May 10th or 11th. I'm hoping for the best but also planning for my alternate.

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything else. So any other round 3ers hear anything?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
JnJThenMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,

Here's my round 3 update. I called admissions last Thursday in hopes to get a decision so I could prepare to leave work and make a move. Currently I've been accepted into Cornell's AMBA program that begins May 13th cutting everything way too close for comfort. I was told that admissions was unable to make ANY decisions on any of the 3rd round candidates until round 2 commitment checks came in. They said I wouldn't hear until this week at the earliest.

As a result I've been forced to put in my 2 weeks at work. Luckily work understood the predicament and will let me continue to work through June if I'm accepted to Darden.

It's reasonable to assume that since 300 people attended Darden Days, and 99% of these students will enroll, it's likely there aren't many spaces left. They are probably holding back to prevent themselves from over-enrolling. I also think the individual (AEF2813) is a special case since she applied to the JD-MBA program.

At this point I'm not expecting a phone call any sooner than May 10th or 11th. I'm hoping for the best but also planning for my alternate.

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything else. So any other round 3ers hear anything?

First of all, I wouldn't give up that easily. I definitely wouldn't say 99% of students that attended Darden Days plan on enrolling. If anything, this was the last step many people were taking before making their final decisions. Either way, you're in a good spot with Cornell in you back pocket, congrats!
Current Student
Send PM
My deposit is on the way :)
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
My deposit is on the way :)

Congrats again 20lvo, I think you made a great choice.

About Financial Aid, I've completed FAFSA, the UVA Financial Aid Form, and signed both of the Master Promissory Notes (Stafford and Grad PLUS) on the studentloans.gov website. Is there anything else that I need to do or will UVA take care of the rest, including obtaining the money (I don't have to go to a bank or anything, correct?). Also, the studentloans.gov website has a section to "Apply for Grad PLUS" but it says on there that not all schools require this to be completed, and I haven't seen anything about it being necessary on the Darden Fin. Aid website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GRE 1: Q46 V37
GPA: 3.14
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
JnJThenMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,

Great post. I asked my friend while attending Darden Days if he met any Rd 3 applicants and he said no (though I'm sure he didn't ask everyone he met). He also said he would follow up with some of the people he met, just in case. Keeping my fingers crossed like the rest of the Rd 3 candidates I guess.

Rd 2'ers, I would choose that Fuqua acceptance over Darden if I were you...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How do you know that 300 people attended the Darden Days?

I also think that almost 100% of people who attended will enroll, so there are barely no spots left :(

By the way anyone from Europe waiting for decision?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I also sent in my deposit.

For those going to Darden. We should have a GmatClub get together in the fall :)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think JNJ's assessment is accurate and it seems pretty obvious that they would wait to see who committed after DDays and round out the class from round 3 based on that. Based on how hard a year its been to get into top schools, Darden's move up in the rankings, and its great general atmosphere I would expect yield to be historically high. This is backed up anecdotally by some friends who were at DDays. So I think its correct to assume that there will be limited spaces left and that it will be very competitive.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
vanilla wrote:
I also sent in my deposit.

For those going to Darden. We should have a GmatClub get together in the fall :)

Agreed on the get together. When is everyone planning on heading to Charlottesville? Everyone planning on doing the PCAP and Accounting pre-matriculation courses?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools:Darden - IN One for One!
Send PM
Kudos
I like the idea of get together in the fall!
As far as finaid, I talked to Amanda Mills, and she said that all you have to do at the .gov site, is sign promissory notes, and the school will do the rest. I specifically asked her if I should apply for a PLUS loan on the site and she said NO. Now let's hope all the loans will go through.
I already secured the apartment in Ivy, so pretty excited about that.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  64