Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink]
is the difficulty about the same between v1 and v2? I've heard a lot of people that the GMAT now is significantly more harder. Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Is it possible to run GMATPrep in windowed mode? My screen resolution is fairly high, and setting anything less than the screen's nominal resolution is inconfortable on the eyes. Moreover copying and pasting incorrect problems is pretty painful.

Thanks for your advise
Retired Moderator
Status:2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL
Own Kudos [?]: 3950 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Finance, SMEs, Developing countries, Public sector and non profit organizations
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT & HKS (Government)
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: Economic research
WE 2: Banking
WE 3: Government: Foreign Trade and SMEs
Send PM
Hi, I have taken the Test 2 in the GMAT Prep and although I did it well, I felt that the questions were much more difficult than the Test1 and than the most difficult questions in the OGs and GMAT Club, specially in the Verbal Section.

Have you felt the same? Are the GMAT Preps more difficult than the real GMAT?

Thanks!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
metallicafan wrote:
Hi, I have taken the Test 2 in the GMAT Prep and although I did it well, I felt that the questions were much more difficult than the Test1 and than the most difficult questions in the OGs and GMAT Club, specially in the Verbal Section.

Have you felt the same? Are the GMAT Preps more difficult than the real GMAT?

Thanks!

No. GMAT Prep in my opinion is easier. In my experience, it overestimates by 20-40 points.

https://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator/
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
vwjetty wrote:
is the difficulty about the same between v1 and v2? I've heard a lot of people that the GMAT now is significantly more harder. Thanks.

IMO you can never predict the real Gmat exam. Some users have cliamed it to be harder than gmatprep, but some have claimed that its level is almost same.

It all depends upon the luck, your anxiety levels, and confidence.

The reason why I have mentioned luck is that some may get difficult questions of type they are comfortable with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vwjetty wrote:

This is redundant, "harder" is sufficient.

I'm sorry to correct your sentence, but I'm in SC enhancement mode at the moment :lol:

Please correct any mistake I might make in future posts :wink:
SVP
SVP
Send PM
In gmatprep what is this review section? Do these questions overlap with the tests?

Also after the gmatprep it asks you to either end it or save the session. What is the difference? If it is ended, cant we access the correct/incorrect answers again?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Yeah I didn't get that either. I just click the button that makes sure my answers are saved.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 338 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell AMBA, Kellogg, Oxford, Cambridge
Send PM
Can someone please clarify if Test 1 and Test 2 (in gmatprep) are taken from the same pool of questions? In other words, if I re-attempt Test1, the status of which is currently "Complete", would I be depleting the pool of questions for Test 2 and thereby have repeat questions in Test 2?.
I would like to reserve Test 2 for practice during the last few weeks leading to GMAT and sort of assist me in deciding if I'm ready for the test.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Fremontian wrote:
Can someone please clarify if Test 1 and Test 2 (in gmatprep) are taken from the same pool of questions? In other words, if I re-attempt Test1, the status of which is currently "Complete", would I be depleting the pool of questions for Test 2 and thereby have repeat questions in Test 2?.
I would like to reserve Test 2 for practice during the last few weeks leading to GMAT and sort of assist me in deciding if I'm ready for the test.

I want to do the same. Guys those who have attempted it multiple times, kindly solve this doubt. :P

Also I have two more questions.

1. What is the practice content section? does it have questions different from the test?
2. If I do not save my session, can i go back to the review section?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technical entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, MIT
GPA: 4.0 UG 3.9 G
WE 1: 1600 GRE
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure if anyone else has been stymied by the fact that GMATPrep from GMAC is Windoze-only, but I only have Mac and Linux machines. I'm too lazy to install a virtual machine or Bootcamp, so I used the Wine compatibility layer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_%28software%29). See steps below:

1) Download and install Wine & WineBottler: https://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

2) Download GMATPrep executable from GMAC (GMATPrepSetup.exe)

3) Copy GMATPrepSetup.exe to Wine Files/drive_c (Wine Files is located under your username along with Documents, Applications, etc. in the Finder)

4) Launch Wine from your Applications menu. A wine glass icon should appear in the upper right of your screen.

5) Click on the Wine icon, go to File Manager. You should see a Windows-like file manager appear. Double click on your GMATPrepSetup.exe in the window and ENJOY!

~AJ

Note: You also need X11 but I believe this is installed by default in OSX in 10.5 and later. If you have an earlier version (upgrade!), you can download X11 for free from Apple.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [1]
Send PM