Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:09 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Ross(IN–full$)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone know if scheduling interviews towards the end (i.e. last week of interviews) a disadvantage?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Received a ding last Friday. Good luck to those interveiwing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Received an interview invite. Really excited! In the process of scheduling my interview during the next two weeks.

Good luck to all interviewees!

Originally posted by MBAustinite on 09 Nov 2010, 23:46.
Last edited by MBAustinite on 10 Nov 2010, 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

Wanted to see what you guys thought - is it worth it to update my resume for the interviewer? I was asked to provide it so I guess it was not provided to her. i.e. I still have the same job, have worked on slightly different projects

I wasn't sure if the stance should just be to give the same resume you applied with UNLESS something significant happened vs. making sure the resume is completely up-to-date.

Thanks!

Originally posted by sunnyc on 10 Nov 2010, 06:12.
Last edited by sunnyc on 19 Dec 2010, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
sunnyc wrote:
Hi all,

Wanted to see what you guys thought - is it worth it to update my resume for the interviewer? I was asked to provide it so I guess it was not provided to her. i.e. I still have the same job, have worked on slightly different projects but no promotion/significant accomplishment to note. Also, certain projects may have ended (i.e. unsuccessfully).

I wasn't sure if the stance should just be to give the same resume you applied with UNLESS something significant happened vs. making sure the resume is completely up-to-date. My worry is they may wonder why it hasn't been updated, i.e.: have you been on the same project for this long?

Hoping to get back to her ASAP, so would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

I'm in the same situation, I think I'm going to being bringing an updated resume to reflect changes in work experience since my application. Anyone else wants to put their two cents in? Perhaps a seasoned student...?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
sunnyc wrote:
Hi all,

Wanted to see what you guys thought - is it worth it to update my resume for the interviewer? I was asked to provide it so I guess it was not provided to her. i.e. I still have the same job, have worked on slightly different projects but no promotion/significant accomplishment to note. Also, certain projects may have ended (i.e. unsuccessfully).

I wasn't sure if the stance should just be to give the same resume you applied with UNLESS something significant happened vs. making sure the resume is completely up-to-date. My worry is they may wonder why it hasn't been updated, i.e.: have you been on the same project for this long?

Dude...WHENEVER you submit a resume it should be updated. If nothing has changed since the time you submitted, it is okay and doesn't reflect badly on you. People work on projects that go on for years. You will not a have a significant accomplishment or a new job every week/month. Cmon have some confidence...you have been invited to Wharton which isn't a joke... and you will probably make tougher decisons in the future...just get your resume updated and send it over (even if it means nothing has changed!!). This forum provides a great collaboration environemnt but sometimes we need to think on our feet...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
This is what Sandy has to say (copied from BW forum):

WHARTON INTERVIEW NOTICE

Wharton has really changed its interview process this year, and has a whole training module for its alums to give behavioral interviews, which requires them to write down a good deal of what you say, and ask fewer questions, esp. questions focused around team building, leadership, and the most impt question, HOW COME YOU WANT TO GO TO WHARTON AFTER BEING SUBJECTED TO SUCH A MORONIC AND JACK-ASS READY INTERVIEW AS THIS.

ALUMS ARE OUTRAGED AT HOW STUPID THIS IS, AND ONLY THE UNDER-EMPLOYED ARE SIGNING UP.

A typical interview will often be 3 questions, along lines of

Tell me when you built a team in a formal setting (or informal setting)

A time you disagreed with someone on your team

Tell me when you helped resolve a dispute,

A time you were in a team and someone was a free rider

A time when you convinced someone to agree with you

then you really get drilled on that, e.g. getting scored for how many types of disagreement you mention, how many outcomes you are able to list, how many compromises, how many times you rolled you eyes.

They then leave 10 minutes for questions and hand out directions to Columbia, MIT, and other Wharton competitor schools to kids who just say, "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE" this is the dumbest thing I ever did. And alum says, yeah me, too, but it gets better. Dont let the new JACKASS adcom programs chill you, school itself is ok.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
ppop wrote:
This is what Sandy has to say (copied from BW forum):

WHARTON INTERVIEW NOTICE

Wharton has really changed its interview process this year, and has a whole training module for its alums to give behavioral interviews, which requires them to write down a good deal of what you say, and ask fewer questions, esp. questions focused around team building, leadership, and the most impt question, HOW COME YOU WANT TO GO TO WHARTON AFTER BEING SUBJECTED TO SUCH A MORONIC AND JACK-ASS READY INTERVIEW AS THIS.

ALUMS ARE OUTRAGED AT HOW STUPID THIS IS, AND ONLY THE UNDER-EMPLOYED ARE SIGNING UP.

A typical interview will often be 3 questions, along lines of

Tell me when you built a team in a formal setting (or informal setting)

A time you disagreed with someone on your team

Tell me when you helped resolve a dispute,

A time you were in a team and someone was a free rider

A time when you convinced someone to agree with you

then you really get drilled on that, e.g. getting scored for how many types of disagreement you mention, how many outcomes you are able to list, how many compromises, how many times you rolled you eyes.

They then leave 10 minutes for questions and hand out directions to Columbia, MIT, and other Wharton competitor schools to kids who just say, "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE" this is the dumbest thing I ever did. And alum says, yeah me, too, but it gets better. Dont let the new JACKASS adcom programs chill you, school itself is ok.

Can you post the link to that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:

Can you post the link to that?

calling-all-hbs-2011-applicants-including-96063-760.html#p816119

here it is. He also just posted this on the HBS thread.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Kudos
Sandy should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
staind wrote:
Sandy should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.

Stole the words out of my mouth...if I were in a grammar policing mood....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
staind wrote:
Sandy, should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.

I eagerly await the day he uses the word "unique" haha.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Jmw125 wrote:
staind wrote:
Sandy, should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.

haha write back after your interview and let me know who is being helpful and who is being overdramatic. Dont bother correcting my grammar, just get ready for one of the most odd, robotic, and sort of unpleasant interviews of your life.this has nothing to do w. Wharton per se, but the consultant who sold the adcom this idiotic set up and software spent the whole summer laffing his head off. But maybe I am wrong, maybe you think having a good chunk of your admission to Wharton turn on being asked to make up --on the spot -a time when you dealt w. a team free-rider and then being drilled down on that is a good way to select candidates. Like all great institutions, Wharton will survive this stupidity, but the clowns who dreamt this up deserve some corner time. Or that knowing all of the 8 questions in advance they actually ALLOW alums to ask (they can ask one of two in four different catagories --would not be a 100 pct advantage to late interviewers? And throw off the whole process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Haas (in); Yale (in); Kellogg (in); Sloan (interview/waiting)
Send PM
CyberC1 wrote:
sunnyc wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in the same situation, I think I'm going to being bringing an updated resume to reflect changes in work experience since my application. Anyone else wants to put their two cents in? Perhaps a seasoned student...?

Update your resumes if they are any changes worth mentioning. Since they don't allow you to send updates to the adcom after your app is submitted, they suggest to provide any relevant updates on resumes instead.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Can anyone substiantiate Sandy's claims? Current student perhaps?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
What about on-campus interviews with second year students? Are they being guided to ask the same questions as alums? Has anyone had an on-campus interview with a student that can shed some light on this?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Visiting Wharton tomorrow. Any GMATClubbers going to be there also?

Wondering about what to wear for the visit. Suit and tie? Just suit, no tie? What's everyone's take on this one?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts