Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
guys dont know whether this question has already been answered. How long should I wait before I remind alum about responding to setting up time for an interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
gopalansai wrote:
guys dont know whether this question has already been answered. How long should I wait before I remind alum about responding to setting up time for an interview?

A while back (after the first wave of invites) people were saying that you can go out to multiple alums at the same time and others were saying you should wait a week...I think people would understand if you went out to a few alums and then if anyone emailed after you'd already scheduled an interview you would just tell them that and they'd understand...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no what i meant was, i have written to one of the interviewers today (the other is out of town/travelling and there are only 2 listed in my town), and havent heard back from him..should I wait for a day more and then:
1) either write to him asking him for it
2) write to adcom explaining the case.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
gopalansai wrote:
no what i meant was, i have written to one of the interviewers today (the other is out of town/travelling and there are only 2 listed in my town), and havent heard back from him..should I wait for a day more and then:

I'd give it another day and then write to him again. Still four weeks to get it done so I wouldn't get too anxious at this point (that being said, maybe check to see how far away other alums are in other towns if you could travel a bit...just in case)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
gopalansai wrote:

If it helps having a point for comparison, Booth recommends that if you don't hear from your interviewer within 2 business days, you should email the admissions office.

Personally I wouldn't give it any thought it until maybe 72hrs after you dispatch the email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I wonder if it's OK to bring a resume that's slightly different from the resume submitted with your app? For example, changing a couple bullet points under your job description so it's easier to talk about during the interview. What do people think?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
CyberC1 wrote:
Anyone going to the Social Impact visit day this Thursday?

I heard from a friend who interviewed yesterday that the questions were all behavioral based, and there was nothing related to "Why Wharton, what you plan to do with it etc." Anyone else have have that experience?

According to the Wharton Admissions blog: "Interviews will include behavioral questions. Questions may center on specific examples or detailed descriptions of events, projects or experience that demonstrate how situations you’ve faced in the past have been handled and what you learned from them. Behavioral interviewing assumes that past performance predicts future behavior."

They changed the wording from "may" last year to "will" this year.

Also, below is an excerpt from the interview with Sandy (on Poet and Quant): "The real news this year is that Stanford and Wharton are trending toward behavioral questions versus the more typical ones like ‘why Wharton, why now, why do you want an MBA.’ Of course, it would still help to prepare for those questions as well. But if you are being interviewed by Stanford or Wharton, you should Google behavioral interviews and you’ll get some bad advice about how to answer those questions but at least it will help you get some standard questions. They’re asking people things like, ‘Tell me about a time you worked on a great team, or a bad team, or worked with a great leader. Tell me when you disappointed yourself and what would you do differently if you had to do it again. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a person and how you resolved it. Tell me about a time you dealt with an ethical issue.’ For some reason, Stanford and Wharton seem to be tilting toward those questions this year."
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Going off jkl84's post above, some more info from Meghan Bass:

"The interview will be based more on behavioral skills and your answers to those types of questions, more so than your specific background. So really think objectively and largely about how you approach certain situations; how you communicate as an individual, your experience working with teams, leading, and what you really want to get out of the MBA. And come prepared with really intelligent questions; meaning not, "What are my chances of getting in?" But more so, "What can Wharton offer? What can I offer to Wharton?""
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys - for those that have interviews with adcom, do you know if we are required to send our resume in advance? I know adcom already have our resumes technically, but some schools request students to send their resumes by e-mail as well.

also, another small question - within the application, when i click on the details for my interview there is a RSVP date (which i am guessing is the same for everyone)... do i need to confirm anywhere that i will be going for the interview i signed up for?

wanted to make sure i'm not missing anything... thanks in advance for your help..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Booth w/$$, LBS
Send PM
Regarding the alumni interviews, mine took a few days to respond. I emailed the Wharton people and they had this to say:

Quote:
Dear Candidate,
Thank you for your email. Recognizing that the invitations went out on Friday, I would ask for your understanding. Not all people check emails over the weekend. If you do not receive a response by tomorrow, please email mbainterview (at) wharton.upenn.edu. The subject line should have the name of your city/state country where the interview is needed. The body of the email should explain the situation along with the name of the unresponsive interviewer. I will follow up with that person directly.

Basically, give them until tomorrow to respond.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
aak1985 wrote:
hey guys - for those that have interviews with adcom, do you know if we are required to send our resume in advance? I know adcom already have our resumes technically, but some schools request students to send their resumes by e-mail as well.

also, another small question - within the application, when i click on the details for my interview there is a RSVP date (which i am guessing is the same for everyone)... do i need to confirm anywhere that i will be going for the interview i signed up for?

wanted to make sure i'm not missing anything... thanks in advance for your help..

Just bring your resume. Although when I talked to my friend who interviewed off campus with a "Wharton Consultant" (UPenn undergrad, not MBA, and not adcom), the interviewer didn't really know what to do with the resume and just went off the behavioral interview script. Not sure if that's consistent with others.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
aak1985 wrote:

i called the admissions office yesterday about the RSVP... you do NOT need to RSVP.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
Has anyone already interviewed? Please share your experiences :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
CyberC1 wrote:
Just bring your resume. Although when I talked to my friend who interviewed off campus with a "Wharton Consultant" (UPenn undergrad, not MBA, and not adcom), the interviewer didn't really know what to do with the resume and just went off the behavioral interview script. Not sure if that's consistent with others.

So I am assuming all interviewers will be asking the same questions then if they are all using the behavioral interview script?
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
ppop wrote:
CyberC1 wrote:

So I am assuming all interviewers will be asking the same questions then if they are all using the behavioral interview script?

They probably have a bunch of questions from which they pick and choose. They could also ask follow up questions based on your response.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
staind wrote:
ppop wrote:
CyberC1 wrote:

They probably have a bunch of questions from which they pick and choose. They could also ask follow up questions based on your response.

They also could use questions that they are familiar with from previous years (the above mentioned interviewer was probably the least experienced possible interviewer and so stuck to the list).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those who have scheduled interviews on campus, did people notice the "office interviewer" versus names of 2 people in the options? I've been wondering if this means the former is student and latter is adcom?

Just intellectual curiosity here..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts