Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General
Schools:Columbia (accepted), Sloan (waitlisted), Yale (R2, interview), Booth (R2, interview), Kellogg (R2)
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.72
WE 1: 2 years public accounting/consulting
WE 2: 2 years nonprofit
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Wharton, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.656
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Yale SOM class of 2013
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
tucrew1011 wrote:
I just interviewed on Wharton campus yesterday. Same three questions as everyone says. I think it went well. The interviewer was a 2nd year student. I guess now i just join in on the waiting game... Dec 17... 2.5 weeks to go.

Did you guys get the usual questions too....Why MBA? Why now? Why Wharton? etc
Intern
Intern
Schools:Columbia (accepted), Sloan (waitlisted), Yale (R2, interview), Booth (R2, interview), Kellogg (R2)
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Did not get the traditional questions--behavioral only.
Intern
Intern
Schools:HBS, Wharton, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.656
Send PM
physchem wrote:
Did you guys get the usual questions too....Why MBA? Why now? Why Wharton? etc

Nope. Not much time for that... first you spend like 5 minutes of introducing... then 3 question (with her clarification questions) and answers in like 25 minutes is not a bunch of time... then a couple questions for her from me at the end. It lasted 40 minutes and it FLEW by.There honestly wasn't time for any more than the 3 questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Yale SOM class of 2013
Send PM
Thanks! I have my interview tomorrow on campus.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
xerox wrote:
I have talked with several experienced alum interviewers, and all say that the new behavioral interview is a great tool as it brings a lot more structure to the interview. Nobody argues that it is a perfect screening tool, but all people I had conversations with agree that the new approach does not diminish the importance and role of personal interaction, and does not in any way disadvantage the candidates.
I agree that behavioral interviews are great tools to assess a candidate, but the concern is that there are only 6 questions and they have been leaked. How hard is it to come up with 6 stories and just blurt it out at an interview? I clearly puts candidates who interviewed early on at a severe disadvantage. It's like someone getting the question paper ahead of the exam - do you consider it to be ethical? - From my perspective, it is as easy as walking into the interview with 6 solid stories + having good communication skills to articulate them.

Since the whole interview is around just the 6 questions, I do think it is unfair. Moreover, by limiting the time, Wharton isn't allowing the interviewers to connect with the candidate or understand his/her personality/goals.

It's just my personal opinion. I will still accept if I get an admit :-D

I understand that people have mixed feelings regarding the new interview format. I have created a poll to understand what people think about the new Wharton interview format.

PLEASE CASTE YOUR VOTE AT -- > wharton-fall-2011-new-interview-format-105562.html

Originally posted by Bac2School on 30 Nov 2010, 11:19.
Last edited by Bac2School on 30 Nov 2010, 12:48, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Anyone have any ideas whether the decisions will be released early and how early? What has happened in the past?
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V44
Send PM
December 17th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
From past experience they usually keep their timeline. There have been one or two exceptions and those meant a release a day early, but no earlier than that. I think the 17 will be it.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
that day will be either exciting or depressing for most of us.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V44
Send PM
One of the best or worst days of our lives for most of us, I'd bet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Kudos
Just to "help" with the nerves....

"Help" with Nerves

Originally posted by Jmw125 on 30 Nov 2010, 15:02.
Last edited by Jmw125 on 30 Nov 2010, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:

"Help" with Nerves

lol awesome. but that's counting down to midnight Dec 17... we need one for 5pm :x (add 17 more hours to the timer) 8-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
 Q50  V47
Send PM
adalfu wrote:
Jmw125 wrote:

"Help" with Nerves

lol awesome. but that's counting down to midnight Dec 17... we need one for 5pm :x (add 17 more hours to the timer) 8-)

good point...made the change
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
And I thought waiting for Nov 5th was hard...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:

"Help" with Nerves

updated the link to tie to eastern time zone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Bac2School wrote:
xerox wrote:
I have talked with several experienced alum interviewers, and all say that the new behavioral interview is a great tool as it brings a lot more structure to the interview. Nobody argues that it is a perfect screening tool, but all people I had conversations with agree that the new approach does not diminish the importance and role of personal interaction, and does not in any way disadvantage the candidates.
I agree that behavioral interviews are great tools to assess a candidate, but the concern is that there are only 6 questions and they have been leaked. How hard is it to come up with 6 stories and just blurt it out at an interview? I clearly puts candidates who interviewed early on at a severe disadvantage. It's like someone getting the question paper ahead of the exam - do you consider it to be ethical? - From my perspective, it is as easy as walking into the interview with 6 solid stories + having good communication skills to articulate them.

Since the whole interview is around just the 6 questions, I do think it is unfair. Moreover, by limiting the time, Wharton isn't allowing the interviewers to connect with the candidate or understand his/her personality/goals.

It's just my personal opinion. I will still accept if I get an admit :-D

I understand that people have mixed feelings regarding the new interview format. I have created a poll to understand what people think about the new Wharton interview format.

PLEASE CASTE YOUR VOTE AT -- > wharton-fall-2011-new-interview-format-105562.html

Well, the assumption most people have for some reason is that the interview questions have to be unexpectedly and surprisingly fresh and tough for each candidate. This would have been the right approach if the goal was to observe how a person communicates in spontaneous, challenging situations.

If the goals of the interview are different (hint), then there is nothing wrong with using 6 questions over and over again. I guess, Wharton could have just announced the 6 questions ahead of time (or even now) to just finish this debate once and forever.

To me, the voting above makes no sense whatsoever because it only invites opinions on user experience from people, the vast majority of whom have not experienced anything else, but the new format. It is like asking drivers if they like turning the steering wheel to the left or to the right; whereas the discussion should really be about them pulling the wheel out or pushing it in vs. bending it up and down to move the vehicle in different directions.

Please, allow me to use some allegorical comparisons here. Think of the interview as a mathematical function f(x) that produces and array of data to be analyzed. Each candidate is an x, and so the result depends on the x itself. The old format was one type of function, and it produced a certain type of data that was analyzed using an old algorithm. The new format is a different type of function, and both the type of data it generates, and the analysis of such are very different from the old ways.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
 Q50  V47
Send PM
xerox wrote:
To me, the voting above makes no sense whatsoever because it only invites opinions on user experience from people, the vast majority of whom have not experienced anything else, but the new format. It is like asking drivers if they like turning the steering wheel to the left or to the right; whereas the discussion should really be about them pulling the wheel out or pushing it in vs. bending it up and down to move the vehicle in different directions.

Please, allow me to use some allegorical comparisons here. Think of the interview as a mathematical function f(x) that produces and array of data to be analyzed. Each candidate is an x, and so the result depends on the x itself. The old format was one type of function, and it produced a certain type of data that was analyzed using an old algorithm. The new format is a different type of function, and both the type of data it generates, and the analysis of such are very different from the old ways.

Definitely agree with your point...except of course that that's not an allegorical comparison....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  51   52   53   54   55  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts