Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 23:57 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 23:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Professional Engineers (Ontario)
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Green-tech
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Nuclear Consultant - 3+ years
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 674 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36 GMAT 3: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
Tintoretto wrote:
I am not sure what to think. I am going to be 35 this year, and although I have almost 10 years of we in multiple countries, going by the age factor in HBS admissions in recent years, maybe I am not "their type"? :( That email did make my heart skip a beat though!

Brother...I am in the same boat...in the same age group that is....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Tintoretto wrote:
I am not sure what to think. I am going to be 35 this year, and although I have almost 10 years of we in multiple countries, going by the age factor in HBS admissions in recent years, maybe I am not "their type"? :( That email did make my heart skip a beat though!

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Dee has assured us there are more invites to come. What kind of leader gives up before the game is over!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Stanford GSB (R2), Kellogg (R2 in!!!), Stern (R2 WL)
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 4+
Send PM
hulk30 wrote:
The fact that Dee went through the effort to write two blog posts and mass distribute the same message tells me that there really ARE significant number of invites to come. :)

That's my preferred take-away from all this.

AGREED!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: International Business & Strategy
Schools:Oxford R1(ding), INSEAD R2(Admit), HBS R2(admit), LBS R2(ding w/interview)
 Q48  V46
Send PM
I have already received an interview invite, and for a second I thought they were sending me an e-mail to say they had changed their minds about my interview invitation... a split second panic attack!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Enterpreneurship, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 7.51
WE 1: 5 year in Energy
Send PM
I too got the same mail..almost got a heart-attack..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Cille wrote:
I have already received an interview invite, and for a second I thought they were sending me an e-mail to say they had changed their minds about my interview invitation... a split second panic attack!

That is really hilarious!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 674 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36 GMAT 3: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
hulk30 wrote:
Tintoretto wrote:

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Dee has assured us there are more invites to come. What kind of leader gives up before the game is over!

Dear hulk...I guess sometimes we just need someone to talk through our inner feelings...appreciate your kind words and the never-say-die spirit... We are hanging in there for sure!

Good luck to everyone and May God give us lots of strength to sit this one out...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
arindamcanada wrote:
anonymba wrote:
I did not get any mail....no int invite either....guess what that means??ding for sure and they did not bother to mail me...

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device

I am sure there is some email delay. Do not worry - it will soon pop up.

hulk30 wrote:
anonymba wrote:
I did not get any mail....no int invite either....guess what that means??ding for sure and they did not bother to mail me...

You got it. make sure you submitted for r2 and check your junk mails or other email accounts.

jl12 wrote:

Are you sure? mine was delayed by a few minutes by mail server

I love the concern that we all show for each other haha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hulk30 wrote:
Tintoretto wrote:

I am not feeling sorry for myself, nor am I giving up. I would not have written here if I were doing either. I am just guessing and sharing, just like everyone else! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sammyt wrote:
Cille wrote:

That is really hilarious!

Yes it is! What MBA admission process does to people! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
 Q51  V46
Send PM
Kudos
Got it at 10:25 AM. The fact that this email went out to all applicants, probably means its not very significant, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
In reference to the age comment by Tintoretto... I'm on the other end of the spectrum of applicants and will be 24 this year. Anyone out there have any thoughts on how the 2+2 program will impact my chances of admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
My thought is that this was sent out to all applicants because not everyone is refreshing the directors blog every day for updates, so they wanted to make sure the message was delivered to all applicants.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
That email just triggered 3 pages worth of posts in GC!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wonder if they will still release invites today.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
HBS TO EUTHENIZE OR WL THE ENTIRE NON-INTERVIEWED POOL ON FEB 16TH, SO IF YOU GOT A BIGFOOT WAITING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL, WELL, HAVE HIM START DIALING. ONE THING THEY VERY RARELY DO IS TURN A NO INTO A YES, AND FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS, MANY NO'S GOING OUT ON FEB. 16TH.
This is a new practice, previously the interview window ALWAYS stayed open, even for round 2, until Decision Day, so you could hope against hope you could get some late, late interview invite, and that happened in cases, usually as a result of pull of some kind. But now, on Feb 16th, you are going to be 1. Invitee, 2. WLer; 2 Dingbat. If you are following this w. more attention than you should be, you already know that HBS already informed Round 1 Wlers who has not been interviewed that they will either get invites in the Feb window (and a bunch already have) or get DINGED on Feb 16th. There will still be a category of R2 WLer w No interview.
Sounds like they are making this up as they go along, but, hey, that is what they ALWAYS DO, they are just being more transparent about it. :-) in some Egyptian Way, responding to world and local vibes, in what seems like an ad hoc way.
Private message to Dee: Darling, stop watching CNN, there are no protesters in front of Dillon House and tho you are an autocrat, the peeps still like you. Dont rush into changes and impair your cool and parochial school spelling and typing skills.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hbsguru wrote:
HBS TO EUTHENIZE OR WL THE ENTIRE NON-INTERVIEWED POOL ON FEB 16TH, SO IF YOU GOT A BIGFOOT WAITING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL, WELL, HAVE HIM START DIALING. ONE THING THEY VERY RARELY DO IS TURN A NO INTO A YES, AND FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS, MANY NO'S GOING OUT ON FEB. 16TH.
This is a new practice, previously the interview window ALWAYS stayed open, even for round 2, until Decision Day, so you could hope against hope you could get some late, late interview invite, and that happened in cases, usually as a result of pull of some kind. But now, on Feb 16th, you are going to be 1. Invitee, 2. WLer; 2 Dingbat. If you are following this w. more attention than you should be, you already know that HBS already informed Round 1 Wlers who has not been interviewed that they will either get invites in the Feb window (and a bunch already have) or get DINGED on Feb 16th. There will still be a category of R2 WLer w No interview.
Sounds like they are making this up as they go along, but, hey, that is what they ALWAYS DO, they are just being more transparent about it. :-) in some Egyptian Way, responding to world and local vibes, in what seems like an ad hoc way.
Private message to Dee: Darling, stop watching CNN, there are no protesters in front of Dillon House and tho you are an autocrat, the peeps still like you. Dont rush into changes and impair your cool and parochial school spelling and typing skills.

:-D Consultants are always good for a laugh...thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  79   80   81   82   83  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts