Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Booth, Kellogg, Wharton, CBS, Anderson
WE 1: Ops Manager - F100
WE 2: MiTT Chief - US Army
WE 3: Infantry Platoon Leader - US Army
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2012 Applicants! [#permalink]
Glad this thread opened up early. Awesome!

Army infantry officer with one OEF tour. Shooting for HBS, Stanford, Tuck, Haas and Fuqua.
GMAT 730, GPA 3.8

Should be a fun year ahead of us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
After lurking for a year, I'm finally starting the process.

7 years service, Navy SEAL Platoon CDR, 3 deployments (last one will be this fall with my platoon). Taking aim at HBS, Wharton and Kellogg R1. If that doesn't work, I'll readjust for a couple more R2 potshots. 710 GMAT, 3.9 GPA from a top 50, speak a couple of other languages from my time overseas.

HBS app has finally dropped...Good times!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sweet - looks like we're getting more traffic on this thread as schools start to post their apps. Unfortunately, it already looks like I might be changing my plans to apply for 2013 (looks like I need to start another thread :-D). I just transferred across the country with my company, and my wife's underdivision credits didn't transfer making her a junior instead of a senior. Plus, I'd be leaving an insane amount of stock that vests in late 2012 if I matriculated next year - so an already tough sell just got a lot harder. I think I read somewhere that schools rarely defer admission for a year - pretty sure most schools wouldn't for the reasons listed above. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hey people,

Although I am not from the US military I decided to post hear. If any of you have an objection pleas tell me.
I serve in the IDF (Israeli defense force).
I am a logistics officer. Currently I hold as a head of the Nutrition, Fuel and Budgets department in the Central command.
GPA: 3.45
GMAT: 660 (will take my last shot on the 13th of June)
Shooting at: Fuqua, CBS, Ross and NYU.

Good luck to everyone!

M.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Naw, I think it's fine nov - btw, you and I have the same GMAT date so good luck! I worked with a Ross intern last year that was an IDF officer (Major I think). Seemed pretty squared away although I didn't interact with him too much.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
hey Sorter, who was the intern???

And yep, best of luck to both of us on the 13th!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Let me send an email to last year's intern manager, and I'll PM you his name.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Good luck to all of the military applicants on this thread. I'm a Marine Officer who just finished going through the process and will be heading to Tuck in the fall. If anyone has any questions about applying to there, please post in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.
Two things that I will mention:

1) Tuck does a pretty good job with the Post 9/11 GI Bill. If you're applying to any private school, make sure you read the fine print, especially with the new changes to the bill. At Tuck, if you're eligible for 100% of the Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program, you'll basically have $47,500 of tuition covered (books and BAH is separate). The breakdown is $17,500 tuition + $15,000 Tuck contribution + $15,000 VA match. The additional upside is that Tuck has an unlimited amount of participants that it will allow in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Some private schools cap their numbers to 10 or 15 (MIT, Wharton come to mind).

2) If you're serious about applying to Tuck and are not deployed, you have to visit the campus. I've heard of a few people who were accepted that didn't visit, but that is a rarity. You should visit the campus of any school you're applying to anyway, but at Tuck, I feel it's a must (again, as long as you're not deployed).

Hope that helps and, again, if you have any questions about applying to Tuck, please post them and I'll do my best to answer. I found these threads extremely useful during my application process.
Again, best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Army Infantry Officer currently deployed overseas (tour ends in less than a month!)

Taking the GMAT in the end of June. Went to Engineering School at Cornell University for Computer Science, GPA 3.58. Hoping to apply to HBS, Wharton, Fuqua, and possibly Stanford. Much depends on good GMAT score.

Thanks for the heads up about the HBS app. I wouldn't have noticed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Economics/ Finance
Schools:Wake Forest
Send PM
Hi all, I'll also be applying this upcoming year for 2012. I'm a USMC Officer (armor) looking at taking the GMAT in late July (currently deployed). GPA leaves a lot to be desired... but I feel I can overcome it, and show my frat-star days are long behind me. Top choices are going to be Georgetown, Vanderbilt, and UNC.
Anyway, good luck to everyone and I hope we are as successful as the recent military class of applicants!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.88
WE 1: 4+ years Milirary Officer, 2 Yrs. in Iraq
Send PM
Gentlemen,

Good to see this forum open. Following are some stats and an introduction:

Work Experience: 4.5 years as an Army Officer at time of application (fall 2012), steadily increasing in responsibility (PL, XO, BN Staff). Currently serving second deployment to Iraq.
GPA: 2.88 from small business school in Massachusetts (too much fun, not enough maturity), working on alternate transcript at Cal Berkeley extension w/ 4.0. Goal is to have 4 classes and 4.0 at the date of application.
GMAT: Will take upon return from deployment. Study resources are OG12, MGMAT Set of 8, and Quant and Verbal Official Guides. Goal = 700+
Extra Curricular: Have ran a several half marathons and a full. Will be running a couple more upon return. Also multiple "extra duties" that could be associated with extracurricular.
Recommendations: Will be solid from field grade officers. Have been rated in top 10% in each OER by senior rater.

I look to have heavy participation in this forum as I have gained a wealth of knowledge from this site. It's also great to see I'm not the only Officer already prepping for this process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gentlemen,

Good luck to you all next year. I am a USMC infantry officer going to HBS in the fall. I haven't posted here much but will help any vet with questions you might have. Feel free to PM me with anything and reach out if/when you visit HBS.

I have met at least 10 of the class of '13 vets, we got a lot of support from current students at HBS and will certainly return the favor to you, particularly if you are currently deployed or stationed abroad.

Again, good luck next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone! Wrapping up ten years enlisted as a CTI (Persian-Farsi) linguist in the Navy. Work center supervisor in each position I held. Taking GMAT July 2011. BS Finance (University of Phoenix) 3.8 GPA. AA in Persian-Farsi (Defense Language Institute) 3.6 GPA. Looking at Vanderbilt for my number one choice but it seems most success stories I hear about from top schools are at the officer level, just hoping the linguist/intel analyst might be an interesting background to help overlook the undergrad school. First time applying for business school, so I'll take any advice out there. Best of luck to everyone this year!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Like Lanc82, I'm another USMC infantry officer headed to HBS this fall. I got a lot of help from vets (and non-vets) both on here and in the vets clubs at various schools so I'm more than willing to return the favor. Guys volunteered to assist with everything from interview prep to essay/resume review, and I can't describe how much it helped me strengthen my applications.

I'm pretty familiar with the application and admission process for UCLA, Berkeley, Stanford, Kellogg, and HBS and have visited all of them except for Kellogg, so if you've got any specific questions on those schools you can send them my way...although for Stanford I may only be able to advise you on how not to get an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Harvard (R2 Ding w/interview), Stanford (R2 Ding w/o interview), Wharton/Lauder R2 (accepted, $$$$)
WE 1: Military 8 yrs
Send PM
former USMC aviator here, just finished first month of Wharton/Lauder joint MBA/MA program for foreign languages and businesses.

If you're a veteran and Wharton prospective and have intermediate/advanced foreign language oral proficiency skills in the following languages, PM me.

Arabic
Chinese (mandarin)
French
German
Hindi
Japanese
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone.

I've been making a small research on what an average applicant can learn from military one (I will post a link a bit later).

I'm applying for HBS, Stanford and Wharton 2nd round of 2012 class.

It would be great to discuss here your preparation process and how do you see your future after MBA graduating.
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Already posted in the 2011 thread, but would obviously be helpful for this year's applicants: https://poetsandquants.com/2011/06/10/do ... ns-advice/
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14