Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Re: GMAT Advice i just scored a 370 with no prior studying [#permalink]
Yes, I believe that two months of solid preparation is sufficient to reach your target.

I never used Kaplan's products, but you should at the very least supplement a guidebook with the three OG books: OG 12, OG Verbal, and OG Quant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks I was struggling more with the math than the verbal I think i got like 6 or correct on the verbal any other suggestions that I should look at a 550 would be great and the sooner I can get that result constantly the better. I also need another full couple practice exams that I see are are on the first link you pasted are there any more free test or practice exams books you would suggest?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
I think it would be better to focus on learning the concepts and practicing with the OG rather than doing many CAT's.

Other than the GMATPrep software, Manhattan has six online tests available for free after purchasing any of the company's guidebooks. But I think that the Kaplan premier book comes with some CAT's, right?

Manhattan and Kaplan are known for their difficult practice tests, so don't become too stressed with them. Pay more attention to the GMATPrep tests.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Your taking the test in September too? Awesome! We take it at the same time.

Get the MGMAT collection, they are the BEST for basics. It isn't even close. After you finish the 8 books, you'll be in the 800th percentile. Buy the two MGMAT books, then all 3 Official Guides. The Official Guides contain the questions, and the MGMAT books refer to them all the time. The Official Guides are a must because they contain old retired questions. Those are the best practice questions, but the explanations and the strategies are weak, thus the need for the MGMAT. They are the best complement for the GMAT. Get rid of the Kaplan.

Also, you should remember that you have no where to go but up! Good luck. What is your target score btw?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah I am taking it then. I must say even with no studying I was not to happy with the 370 result. I have to get at least a 550 and currently looking to get a GA spot with my currently college I already have done the interview and I have the job as long as I score that 550. I have just bought the OG Quant and OG verbal books. I cant afford the $100 on the MGMAT because I am currently doing an internship that Is not paid very well.

Thanks for the advice if you have any more ideas please
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General
Schools:Georgetown, Booth, Kellog
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6+ years as software engineer
Send PM
You can but the individual books for the mgmat. I suggest you get the quant and sc which cost around $15 each.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info! I will look into those books after i have time to pratice with more OG books for the GMAT prep tests I know they have 2 that you can take online for free, but are there any more than that out there?
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bosoxrsick wrote:
Thanks for the info! I will look into those books after i have time to pratice with more OG books for the GMAT prep tests I know they have 2 that you can take online for free, but are there any more than that out there?

Please see the practice test review thread for other practice tests.

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks I belive I got 41 right on the verbal and like a 37 on the math can someone give me some estitmates on what scores On each i would need to get the 550?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I think you might be looking at the wrong numbers bosox, because 41 and 37 are the number of questions in each section respectively (meaning you got all of the questions right).

Or are those your raw scores (out of 60)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Raw scores are out of 60 I think each so I was wondering an esitament of what i needed to improve for each section to get the 550

I took one of the free GMAT exams when i first signed up to take the GMAT just to see where i was and got a 370
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Use the manhattan guides and the OG for questions. You should be able to get through those within 2 months and have time to take practice tests
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
bosoxrsick wrote:
Yeah I am taking it then. I must say even with no studying I was not to happy with the 370 result. I have to get at least a 550 and currently looking to get a GA spot with my currently college I already have done the interview and I have the job as long as I score that 550. I have just bought the OG Quant and OG verbal books. I cant afford the $100 on the MGMAT because I am currently doing an internship that Is not paid very well.

Thanks for the advice if you have any more ideas please

550 is very easy. You will be shooting for 700 soon after you finish MGMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok so can someone give me a rough estimate on how my right i need for each section for the 550
and/or how many i can miss?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok so my internship boss offered me a job that pays more than my GA spot that i could potentially get.

So here is the problem he wants me to take the GMAT in August instead of September so my study time got cut in half is it still possible to get that 550?

With less than a month to go my Quantative scores need the most work. So let me know if you have any last minute at advice I am kind of worried now that I lost a month of study time
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
For some comparison sake, I scored 540 with little studying. My friend got 530 with absolutely zero.
Both of us were able to improve to about 750 and 730 respectively. So, I think you can count on 600 with A LOT of work. Definitely VERY busy 2 months.

Otherwise, with average load you are probably looking into about 500.

See the GMAT Book Reviews

OR

gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well then I guess i am stupid becasuse after 2 weeks of studying I just took another scored another 370 I cant get any sort of consistency I have done mainly the OG math problems not many verbal because I struggled more so with math but now this is just frustrating I dont know what more I can do to get the score up I have been doing problems out of both OG books for about at least an hour usually 2 hours each night for 2 weeks and still get the same thing. I know clearly with only a 370 i need to improve both scores. I just thought with me drilling the problems out of the book every night for 2 weeks i could have expected at least some kind of a score increase.

Now i have less than a month to get a 550 or i dont get in the program. I am just not sure what do to because thats almost a 200 point jump i really just disappointed to see that 370 when i took it again today i was expecting to score at least a 450.

Let me know if you have any suggestions
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2