Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Send PM
Re: HBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Submitted this morning. Good to go! Now we just have to wait and see when interview notification will be...... anybody know when it was last year and if it is expected to be the same this year in R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
ebonn101 wrote:
Submitted this morning. Good to go! Now we just have to wait and see when interview notification will be...... anybody know when it was last year and if it is expected to be the same this year in R1?

Last year the invites started to go out two weeks after the due date, and most of the interview invites were sent on the first day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
spacecurves wrote:
nath99 wrote:
One of my recommenders is running late and it might be Tuesday before he submits it. How lenient are schools with recommenders? or does it have to be in by noon Boston time?

thanks?

Not lenient at all, everything has to be in by the deadline or you're in round 2 pool.

I'm also waiting for LORs, everyone is busy so it comes down to the wire!

From Dee's blog (search for the January 6, 2011 post)

"What if we don't have all your recommendations? We start reading applications if we have 2 recommendations. We'll contact you via email within a couple of weeks to let you know we need the 3rd. If we have only 1 or none, you will be moved into the next decision round."

Even though I have two in, I'm pushing very hard to get the third one done tomorrow. Also, take this with a pinch of salt since HBS might have changed its policy since January.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
TodiHawk wrote:
spacecurves wrote:
nath99 wrote:
One of my recommenders is running late and it might be Tuesday before he submits it. How lenient are schools with recommenders? or does it have to be in by noon Boston time?

thanks?

Not lenient at all, everything has to be in by the deadline or you're in round 2 pool.

"What if we don't have all your recommendations? We start reading applications if we have 2 recommendations. We'll contact you via email within a couple of weeks to let you know we need the 3rd. If we have only 1 or none, you will be moved into the next decision round."

Even though I have two in, I'm pushing very hard to get the third one done tomorrow. Also, take this with a pinch of salt since HBS might have changed its policy since January.

This makes me feel significantly better, thanks for posting. Hopefully the policy hasn't changed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
This makes me feel significantly better, thanks for posting. Hopefully the policy hasn't changed.

No problem! Glad to be of help!

Also, thanks for the kudos! It's nice to get one in my first post ever! (even though I've been a member for nearly 3 years - go figure :roll:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
TodiHawk wrote:
spacecurves wrote:
nath99 wrote:

thanks?

thanks this is helpful.

I will have 2 for sure and hopefully 3rd by end of day monday!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Apologize if this has been discussed before. Just wondering how strict is HBs with word limits? say I go about by 5% it is okay?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Submitted last night...nice not to have to keep worrying about adjusting my essays any longer.

One rec is in, another being submitted today and I texted my third and his first two words of his reply were "HOLY S$%^!" Not very reassuring...would really like round 1, hopefully Dee is still following the loose "policy" should put out in her blog. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Just a quick question:
HBS has the last question as "Answer a question you wish we'd asked." This has a word limit of 400. So, I have to first state the question I wish they would have asked me and then i need to answer that question. Does the "question" that I am phrasing also contribute to the word count OR is it just the response that will count?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Since a number of you guys have asked questions about the word limit, here is Dee Leopold's response to that question, as posted on her official HBS blog:

Question: How rigid is the word-limit restriction? What happens if I go over?

This is the language we used last time about this; it's still true, and I can't think of a better way of saying it:

"Your essays do not get cut off if you go over the word limit. That being said, after reading many, many essays, we have a good feel for whether an essay is going over the limit. I think it's fair to say that we expect a candidate to be able to edit effectively, but don't stress over a few extra words.

We're getting a lot of similar questions from recommenders wondering if their remarks are being cut short. They aren't. We have suggested word limits for recommenders that amount to roughly a page of text; we do this to give those not familiar with writing recommendations a sense of an appropriate length of response. If your recommenders have more to say, that's fine. Their file upload doesn't get cut off after a single page or after a certain number of words."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ebonn,

Thanks for that snippet.

But, that doesn't answer my question of whether the "question" that I phrase for Question 4 on HBS essays will count towards the word limit or not?? Or is it just the response that I give to THAT phrased question will count?
ebonn101 wrote:
Since a number of you guys have asked questions about the word limit, here is Dee Leopold's response to that question, as posted on her official HBS blog:

This is the language we used last time about this; it's still true, and I can't think of a better way of saying it:

"Your essays do not get cut off if you go over the word limit. That being said, after reading many, many essays, we have a good feel for whether an essay is going over the limit. I think it's fair to say that we expect a candidate to be able to edit effectively, but don't stress over a few extra words.

We're getting a lot of similar questions from recommenders wondering if their remarks are being cut short. They aren't. We have suggested word limits for recommenders that amount to roughly a page of text; we do this to give those not familiar with writing recommendations a sense of an appropriate length of response. If your recommenders have more to say, that's fine. Their file upload doesn't get cut off after a single page or after a certain number of words."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi guys,
I am finishing my application and have had this weird issue in the Extracurricular Activities part. Regardless of what I type, the information CAN't BE SAVED!

I have typed and saved more than 15 times and it just didn't work.

Does anyone have this problem???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am having this same issue with a section in the Employment page.. Dunnot what is going wrong.
jn1986 wrote:
Hi guys,
I am finishing my application and have had this weird issue in the Extracurricular Activities part. Regardless of what I type, the information CAN't BE SAVED!

I have typed and saved more than 15 times and it just didn't work.

Does anyone have this problem???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
ok, i finally figured it out. it's a glitch in the system. It doesn't show on the screen as you see it but if you print it (the last option on the left hand panel), the information would show on the hmtl printed version. phew!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ebonn101 wrote:

Thanks

nath99
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone knows when HBS start sending interview invites for R1?
Thanks and good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Submitted mine yesterday :) A sense of relief before moving to other applications. I had an issue with my transcript (which has security code) that wouldn't show in the print application form. However, when I uploaded it I can view it from the review tap. I have written both technical support and adcom but I guess I am not hearing from them soon.

Any advice?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts