Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 19:18 It is currently 05 May 2024, 19:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I honestly don't know and considering that so many applicants are going through this anxious phase, I don't wish to speculate...

I suggest that you go through the Ross 2011 thread and see when rejection notifications started trickling in last yaer..You will also be able to ascertain if they come out in a bunch or if they are released on a case-by-case basis...

Here's the thread -
calling-all-ross-2011-applicants-93959.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
onechance wrote:
Somebody on this thread said that most of the folks with 92 percentile and above have been invited. I have a 98 but seems like tragedy has struck. I'm an Indian applicant and submitted my app on the 9th afternoon Indian Standard Time. Didn't get an invite on the 24th. Spent a lot of time on the Ross app, spoke with 2-3 current students, but... I must say, though, that I was quite intrigued when some of you said that you guys submitted on the 8th/9th/10th and yet received interview invites in the first wave. I read the post by Scorpionz on what an AD of Admissions told him at an information session and it's comforting to know that there's no relation between the time one submits and the batch in which one gets an interview invite.

Anyway, my question on this thread is - Does Ross send out rejection emails to the applicants they don't want to interview? Do they wait till they have sent out all interview invites for a round to send out ding emails? I'm not sure if anyone else has asked the same question on this thread, but I guess it's one way of finding out if those of us who haven't received an interview invite are fighting a lost battle for the 14th of Nov.

I know it's not an easy thing to answer but have any of you out there received a rejection email yet?

I have 92% tile in both the sections of GMAT and a 750 overall. I did get an invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
After scheduling a skype interview for 11/4, I got a mail from Ross asking me to explain why I could not do an in person interview.

I am an International applicant from Mumbai, India. Does anyone else who has registered for a skype interview got a similar mail?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
I saw someone earlier posted that due to a missing recommendation the application review process was delayed. I'm wondering whether the same holds true for delay in receiving the official GMAT score. I had requested pearson to report the official scores on 26th Sept but they normally take 2 weeks to report the scores. It would really suck if my file was processed later due to delay in official GMAT scores. Has anyone ran into the same situation and yet received an interview invite?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
viper27 wrote:
I saw someone earlier posted that due to a missing recommendation the application review process was delayed. I'm wondering whether the same holds true for delay in receiving the official GMAT score. I had requested pearson to report the official scores on 26th Sept but they normally take 2 weeks to report the scores. It would really suck if my file was processed later due to delay in official GMAT scores. Has anyone ran into the same situation and yet received an interview invite?

Ross AdCom sent me an email when my second recommendation still had not been submitted by 8am on October 10th. My second recommender sent it out shortly after that, and then AdCom processed my application. I would assume that they would let you know by now if they were missing anything.

Also, I don't think it actually takes two weeks for Pearson to report the scores. They only use that as an insurance in case something goes wrong. Normally, it only takes a couple of business days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
viper27 wrote:

I also procrastinated in sending my GMAT scores, (I sent them right before I submitted my application on the 9th). However, I got an invite to Super Saturday. I think GMAC/Pearson actually sends an electronic notice and digital copy of your score report to each school when you put the request through, and then they send the offical copy in the mail.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks for the response guys ! Well, I hope I get lucky with the 2nd batch of interview invites then..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Was it a GMATClub member that absolutely went OFF in the comments section of Soojin's blog?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
Was it a GMATClub member that absolutely went OFF in the comments section of Soojin's blog?

I think I know which post are you referring to. And Soojin handled it with utmost professionalism and decency. I certainly wish it was not a GMATClubber. Totally unethical and immature to take a dig at such a senior and experienced person.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
themangoman wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:

I think I know which post are you referring to. And Soojin handled it with utmost professionalism and decency. I certainly wish it was not a GMATClubber. Totally unethical and immature to take a dig at such a senior and experienced person.

I agree with what you are saying, I was kind of taken aback when I read it.

I think the person's issue is valid, if that is truly how they feel, but where and how they presented it was a bit out of line. Just my opinion.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
themangoman wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:

I agree with what you are saying, I was kind of taken aback when I read it.

I think the person's issue is valid, if that is truly how they feel, but where and how they presented it was a bit out of line. Just my opinion.

Probably not. GMATClubbers are more aware of how the schools handle the admissions process, so they would be less likely to post such ignorant comments to the Admissions Blog.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
Probably not. GMATClubbers are more aware of how the schools handle the admissions process, so they would be less likely to post such ignorant comments to the Admissions Blog.

Good point. I would hope that those of us here would know that criticizing the admissions director on a public forum (that she runs) probably isn't the best idea.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

Good point. I would hope that those of us here would know that criticizing the admissions director on a public forum (that she runs) probably isn't the best idea.

The poster is "smart" for doing it there because Ross would not be able to track them down and find out who they are exactly.

Edited to Add: I might be wrong about my assumption that the poster is not a GMATClubber. The person who posted used the name Ross Hopeful. If you take a look at the list of interview invitees, there's a RossHopeful on it.

Originally posted by threestripes on 27 Oct 2011, 11:20.
Last edited by threestripes on 27 Oct 2011, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [0]
Given Kudos: 18908
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
For statistical purposes, we are not also tracking everyone invited to interview on the first post (duplicated here for reference)

Members Invited to Interview

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
For the 2nd option essay does getting laid off count as an obstacle/challenge (it's a setback for sure)?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
gijoedude wrote:
For the 2nd option essay does getting laid off count as an obstacle/challenge (it's a setback for sure)?

Absolutely. That's exactly what they are looking for. Don't forget that you need to focus more on what you learned from the experience and how you're better now because of it though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
tfincham86 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

The poster is "smart" for doing it there because Ross would not be able to track them down and find out who they are exactly.

Edited to Add: I might be wrong about my assumption that the poster is not a GMATClubber. The person who posted used the name Ross Hopeful. If you take a look at the list of interview invitees, there's a RossHopeful on it.

well i think that the person who posted on soojin's blog didn't get an interview invite yet...hence the venting. so i kinda doubt it's the same ross hopeful here. and while it doesn't look good on his part, they can't really track who wrote it. i also believe the comments are moderated, so soojin chose to have it published--probably for others who think the same thing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts