Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
amesolitaire wrote:
Thank you! The transcript was most helpful. The package seems to be on the expensive side though. Do you have some cheaper alternatives as I believe my writing skill is sufficiently advanced and I will be mostly looking for some expert comments and a bit of editing here and there.

Sure. We have MBA Essay Review and Editing. You can also obtain an (free) estimate before you buy simply by requesting one when your drafts are in a shape for feedback. At that point, we'll send you contact information for an editor and you will send that person your essays for an estimate.

Regards,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,

I have got a score of 680 in GMAT
Q-49, V-33, IR-6 Essay - waiting for results
10th -90.80
12-88.67
B.tech (Mech)
CGPA -7.52/10
Pretty good extra curricular in College
Work ex- 1.5 yrs in Automobile Industry (Indian MNC)

With this profile which colleges I can apply to for MIM..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
hey there
i scored 720 in gmat.please evaluate my profile for mim(lbs).
doing last semester b tech ( marine engineering ) from the oldest and best marine engineering college in india. gone through complete paramilitary training.
i have worked in the capacity of junior engineer officer ( assistant engineer ) on board three chemical tanker ships in six months span.
have travelled to different countries like china, japan, korea, hong kong, australia, newzealand, taiwan and have seen the port practices in these countries. have worked with
people of different nationalities.
i will be completing my b tech with the aggregate of 69%.
have been part of some extracurricular activities but mostly technical like robotics workshop and have also made a working model of a fire fighting ship.

i will be applying for the programme next year . pls tell me what can be done to improve my profile and my chances .

your reply is anticipated.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Anand,
Greetings from MiM-Essay.com

Well i have to say you have a very interesting profile, the work you have done as a marine engineer can really add flavor to your essays if framed properly. Colleges are always on the lookout to make their incoming batch more diverse and dynamic, and i can see that you profile may really interest them.
You GMAT is very competitive for the LBS MiM and you will have a strong chance of securing an admit to any of the top MiM programs.
We did a study of current MiM students and found that foreign experience is a critical point which admission committees consider, as you have traveled many locations that will work to your advantage.
You can check out the study here: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
As you have worked with people of different nationalities that will highlight your openness to cultural differences and broad state of mind.
Your college GPA may have a little negative effect but you can compensate for it by highlighting other achievements in your essays.
Extra curricular always help no matter how technical, you just have to make the school understand what learning you gained from it.
All in all i think you have a great profile, and would suggest to apply for other top ranked MiM schools too such as HEC, ESCP,IE.
With a great application package you have strong chances of winning scholarships too.

Contact us at https://www.mim-essay.com/ to know how we can help you.

Regards,
Abhyank Srinet
MiM-Essay.com Team
GMAT Club Bot
Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink]