Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: IESE 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Jicheong - well done!

IESE's reputation in Asia is something I have been researching for a while now. Do you have an opinion on this?

Are there likely to be many recruiters who are familiar with say, LBS, but not IESE?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Kohsamed wrote:
Hi Jicheong - well done!

IESE's reputation in Asia is something I have been researching for a while now. Do you have an opinion on this?

Are there likely to be many recruiters who are familiar with say, LBS, but not IESE?

I honestly have to say IESE's reputation will be much lower in Asia, as compared to the likes of LBS or even INSEAD... much less top tier schools from the US.

This however, has not been a factor really for me in applying. I think IESE has an amazing program, and as its less finance focused compared to other peers, students will compose of professionals from different industries, and it's also super diverse... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
jicheong wrote:
Kohsamed wrote:
Hi Jicheong - well done!

I honestly have to say IESE's reputation will be much lower in Asia, as compared to the likes of LBS or even INSEAD... much less top tier schools from the US.

This however, has not been a factor really for me in applying. I think IESE has an amazing program, and as its less finance focused compared to other peers, students will compose of professionals from different industries, and it's also super diverse... :)

As I expected, thanks. I completely agree with you that the course content looks awesome at IESE, a true business school in that respect
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V26
GMAT 2: 630 Q48 V28
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
jicheong wrote:
Just got my acceptance to IESE... most likely matriculating at this rate :) I'm very happy...:)

Congratulations :) !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I was wondering whether someone is attending the Open Day on the 15th and the AD on the 16th of March in Barcelona?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kalin4e wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering whether someone is attending the Open Day on the 15th and the AD on the 16th of March in Barcelona?

I was invited, but i dont think Il be able to attend. Ive decided on the video conference option because of cost of flying to barcelona. Id love to attend though, so Im pretty bummed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kalin4e wrote:
Hi all,

In an interesting twist of events, I will be at the open day and AD afterall! Yippee! Hoping my visa comes through...
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
So I am little confused about IESE's admission process. Is it an applicant initiated interview or I will get an email saying I have been invited to an interview.

I got an email with TAP log in information. My TAP log-in mentioned the following

As part of the admission process, you are required to attend a personal interview. We recommend that you register for an Open Day event at the Barcelona campus. You may also be invited by the Pre-Committee to attend an Assessment Day

Does that mean I have been invited for an interview? Any help is appreciated. I sent an email to ad-com as well but haven't heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
MALD2011 wrote:
So I am little confused about IESE's admission process. Is it an applicant initiated interview or I will get an email saying I have been invited to an interview.

I got an email with TAP log in information. My TAP log-in mentioned the following

As part of the admission process, you are required to attend a personal interview. We recommend that you register for an Open Day event at the Barcelona campus. You may also be invited by the Pre-Committee to attend an Assessment Day

Does that mean I have been invited for an interview? Any help is appreciated. I sent an email to ad-com as well but haven't heard anything yet.

You should be getting an official interview invitation email from AD soon. I got mine a day after I got TAP log in info.
Hang in there!
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
Thanks FM 2014
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:

I got a specific email invitation, but I don't have TAP log in details yet..but fingers crossed that your email comes soon
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
Finally.. silver lining.. just got invited to an interview and an open day
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:

Yay! Congs...will you be going to Barcelona?
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
MALD2011 wrote:

Yay! Congs...will you be going to Barcelona?

Thanks Sunshine, Unfortunately because of such short notice I won't be able to attend the Open Day in Barcelona. I am an Indian citizen in US and I will require an EU visa to get to Spain which generally takes 2 weeks of processing. I think I am going to attend an ED at IESE's NYC location.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, does anybody have any ideas on where to find cheap accomodation close to IESE in barcelona? I'm trying but gosh, the internet is so big... any help is appreciated
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
Hi guys, does anybody have any ideas on where to find cheap accomodation close to IESE in barcelona? I'm trying but gosh, the internet is so big... any help is appreciated

Hey Sunshine, try searching for hostels or even better go to couchsurf.org and request someone for a couch. As long as you are in the main city you can take metro to IESE. Just so you know from the metro station it is quite a hike. Consider taking a cab from the metro stop.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you! Couch surf seems a bit too freestyle for me, never heard of it before, but I'm definitely checking out the hostels...it's so hard to go to a place where you know nobody...

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts