Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
sranavnir wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 690(Q49 81% and V35 75%)
Background: E&Ec engineer from India
Work ex: Approx 5 years(Aug '14)
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular activities: Very Good

I'm currently looking at colleges with a maximum tuition fee of $50000(CAD). I understand that Mcgill tuition fee comes around to $75000. Do i have a chance of getting around $25000 scholarship?

You may consider shooting another GMAT exam and escalating your GMAT score to 750+ and focus more on writing the essays. Is your work exp. in an international company?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '17
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
sranavnir wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 690(Q49 81% and V35 75%)
Background: E&Ec engineer from India
Work ex: Approx 5 years(Aug '14)
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular activities: Very Good

I'm currently looking at colleges with a maximum tuition fee of $50000(CAD). I understand that Mcgill tuition fee comes around to $75000. Do i have a chance of getting around $25000 scholarship?

Hi try booking a pre-application meeting, that should give you some ideas. I had taken one, couple of weeks back and it was helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.9
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
deleting

Originally posted by MauValmont on 07 Jan 2014, 20:18.
Last edited by MauValmont on 23 Apr 2023, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
MauValmont wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm also applying to Desautels but I have had terrible luck with my TOEFL score delivery. I've already sent it twice and staff at McGill have told me that they have not received it yet, in spite of my carefully verifying the sending address each time. Has anyone had this problem with McGill? I've sent my score to other business schools and it arrived with no complications at all.

I've checked the school's website and they mention that the ETS Institution code is: 0935, Department code 02. However, when talking to ETS personnel, they told me that the only code they have for McGill is 0935, there's no department code whatsoever.

I'm very worried about this since I have submitted my application since October and staff refuses to review it till they get my TOEFL score. So, how did everyone else send their score? What am I doing wrong? :(

Why don't you scan your unofficial copy of TOEFL Score report and send to the school until you solve this issue? Meanwhile, you can deal with solving this issue. I logged in my TOEFL account just now. However, I couldn't review score reports because I passed the expiry date for ordering TOEFL score reports and now I don't remember which code I used while sending my score to McGill. Have you called them? Have you tried sending the score report without any department code?

https://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/dept_code_list.pdf - List says department code is 02 for graduate school of business.

https://www.toeflgoanywhere.org/asu-advanced-search -Here the institution code.

Have you sent your score without departmental code already?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.9
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
deleting

Originally posted by MauValmont on 09 Jan 2014, 12:25.
Last edited by MauValmont on 23 Apr 2023, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all McGill Desautels MBA applicants,

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,

Carl
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi guys, any idea how long they take to reply after you've submitted an application? My application page shows the GMAT score as 'pending'. I applied about two weeks ago. However, my scores had already reached Desautels, as Jonathan contacted me when they arrived. I got in touch with someone (Pina) and she notified me that i will be notified when my file is processed. I thought i'd ask you guys about how long they usually take to get in touch. Just want to make sure there's no unnecessary delay due to the GMAT thing.
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
yodud wrote:
Hi guys, any idea how long they take to reply after you've submitted an application? My application page shows the GMAT score as 'pending'. I applied about two weeks ago. However, my scores had already reached Desautels, as Jonathan contacted me when they arrived. I got in touch with someone (Pina) and she notified me that i will be notified when my file is processed. I thought i'd ask you guys about how long they usually take to get in touch. Just want to make sure there's no unnecessary delay due to the GMAT thing.
Thanks!

I'd give it about a month, not including the winter holidays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CarlMtl wrote:
yodud wrote:
Thanks!

I'd give it about a month, not including the winter holidays.

Thanks! Desautels is my first choice atm. Really hope i get a good offer :D
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Greetings everyone,

This is my first post in gmatclub, what a wonderful medium for communication. I uploaded all the required documents and they all have a green checkmark, except for GMAT, which shows "Pending". The status of my appliation is "submitted". Do I have to do anything extra after uploading all documents and recommendations for my application to get reviewed?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alhawsom wrote:
Greetings everyone,

This is my first post in gmatclub, what a wonderful medium for communication. I uploaded all the required documents and they all have a green checkmark, except for GMAT, which shows "Pending". The status of my appliation is "submitted". Do I have to do anything extra after uploading all documents and recommendations for my application to get reviewed?

Thanks

Hey hows it going. I have the exact same problem even though I know that my GMAT scores had reached McGill before i had even completed my application. I emailed Pina last week and got this reply:

Quote:
We have just returned from holidays; the university was closed for the past couple of weeks.

Your file will be processed shortly; I will be notifying you, once your application is processed.

I recommend you drop her a line about this and just watch for them to start processing your application.

Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I already asked the question on the communication box available on the left side of the application page. I'll take your advice and send an email just to make sure.

Thanks Yodud.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alhawsom wrote:
I already asked the question on the communication box available on the left side of the application page. I'll take your advice and send an email just to make sure.

Thanks Yodud.

Haha yeah good luck with the communication box. I've sent two messages there in the last two weeks and no reply. I think they're just busy with the backlog caused by the christmas break
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CarlMtl wrote:

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: https://www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl,

I am currently working on my application for McGill, I have couple of questions after submitting my application, in the checklist it says upload 1 transcript per institution and it must include all degrees and courses taken at this institution, I had 4 semesters in my Masters and I do not have one transcript which has all the details in it. what should i do in that case? secondly in the work history form it asks to mention 2 most recent positions, does it mean 2 most recent ones apart from my current job, or it includes the current job?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Send PM
arujmishra wrote:
CarlMtl wrote:

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: https://www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl,

I am currently working on my application for McGill, I have couple of questions after submitting my application, in the checklist it says upload 1 transcript per institution and it must include all degrees and courses taken at this institution, I had 4 semesters in my Masters and I do not have one transcript which has all the details in it. what should i do in that case? secondly in the work history form it asks to mention 2 most recent positions, does it mean 2 most recent ones apart from my current job, or it includes the current job?

Thanks in advance

1) I would just copy paste all of the grades onto the same word document, make it neat, and then pdf it. But you'll want to ask admissions to be certain.
2) It includes your current job.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,
Best of luck to you all at the first glance. There is a lag between GMAT Score receipt of the admission team and the confirmation receipt in the online system. I guess you shouldn't worry a lot about it. Just give the process a week or two. When I applied last year, I encountered the same problem and was informed about the fact I just mentioned above.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CarlMtl wrote:
arujmishra wrote:
CarlMtl wrote:

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Carl,

Thanks in advance

1) I would just copy paste all of the grades onto the same word document, make it neat, and then pdf it. But you'll want to ask admissions to be certain.
2) It includes your current job.

Hi Carl,

Thanks a lot. I have one more question, I had taken the GMAT in Dec 2013, got a low score, I am planning to take it again in Jan 14, do I need to notify the admissions team, or my new GMAT score would automatically get updated, or should I wait to finish my checklist as well. I am a bit confused, any suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts