Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 23:24 It is currently 09 May 2024, 23:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [10]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm re-applying this year, got waitlisted at half of the schools I applied to last year. The math portion of my GMAT and my Undergrad GPA hinderd me. I built an alternative transcript this past spring and summer to combat the GPA and I'm taking the GMAT again in a month.

Just looking at the essays I noticed that some schools have cut a few from last year. Some schools actually have the same essay prompts though.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on this journey to B-School. Good luck!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Bookmarks
Thanks Marcg! Hopefully you'll be able to give us a little insight into the Consortium process. Good luck!
Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

I didn't realize I posted this on an older thread....

Does applying in R1 vs R2 have any bearing on my acceptance into the school and the fellowship?

Do I have a better chance of acceptance in R1?

I took a look at the Tuck deadline for R2 and it looks like it lines up with Tuck's equivalent of R3. (Tuck has 4 rounds).

Sorry if this has been asked already, I tried to use the search function but didn't come up with anything concrete.

XG
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Xgineer wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I didn't realize I posted this on an older thread....

Does applying in R1 vs R2 have any bearing on my acceptance into the school and the fellowship?

Do I have a better chance of acceptance in R1?

I took a look at the Tuck deadline for R2 and it looks like it lines up with Tuck's equivalent of R3. (Tuck has 4 rounds).

Sorry if this has been asked already, I tried to use the search function but didn't come up with anything concrete.

XG

1. Applying Round 1 vs. Round 2 doesn't have any effect on your fellowship chances. Although starting last year if you applied Round 1 and you got accepted to the school that you ranked first, that school can now choose to offer you a fellowship right away and you wouldn't have to wait until the draft in March to get notified if you recieved the fellowship from them. Only your first ranked school was allowed to do this though.

2. Just like applying to any school outside of the Consortium, you have a better chance of acceptance if you apply during the first round because all of the seats for that class are available. As you know, Consortium Round 1 basically coincides with Round 1 of each school if you didn't apply to them through the Consortium.

You have to make sure your application is the best that it can be though. There's no use in applying Round 1 if your application doesn't fully represent the candidate that you are. It's better to apply Round 2 if your application reflects you 100% than to apply Round 1 with your application reflecting you 75%.

3. Applying Consortium Round 2 does put you in the pool of non Consortium candidates that are applying Round 2 or Round 3 to each respective school. You should also check each schools website that you plan on applying to to see how they handle Consortium applicants. A couple of schools actually wait and group Round 1 and Round 2 Consortium applications together and then they review them.

I hope this information helps you. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
I emailed an inquiry about the application availability date this weekend and just received a reply from the consortium. The application has no official launch date but it will be up by the end of August. It was indicated as long as you have set up and interest account you will receive notification when the application goes live.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Thanks LazyBoy! It would be nice if they confirmed that the essays online will be the official essays and not subject to change. I've never been so anxious to get started writing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Glad I found this thread!

Originally posted by OnePlusOne on 18 Aug 2014, 16:26.
Last edited by OnePlusOne on 12 Oct 2014, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi - I'm not familiar with the Consortium and its affiliation with MBA programs.

I'm 34, with a 740 GMAT, 3.35 GPA in electrical engineering from a very well regarded engineering program. I also have a law degree from a highly ranked law school and I've been practicing law for about 7 years, first in a firm and then in a corporate department. I've set my sights pretty high: HBS, Sloan, Tuck, Ross, Wharton and Booth. The essays and coordinating recommends have my head spinning. Should I use the Consortium? Is it a channel that provides a benefit for URM applicants over the typical application process?

Appreciate the insight.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10044 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Consortium Applicants,

We have updated the first post with links of previous consortium applicants discussions. We hope these discussions will help you all in developing best strategies for your applications.

NOTE that process of adding consortium programs to your GMATClub profile is different from that of adding regular programs. Refer Consortium ThreadMaster's this post to learn how to add Consortium programs to your profile.

Regards,
Narenn
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hokie2MBA wrote:
Hi - I'm not familiar with the Consortium and its affiliation with MBA programs.

I'm 34, with a 740 GMAT, 3.35 GPA in electrical engineering from a very well regarded engineering program. I also have a law degree from a highly ranked law school and I've been practicing law for about 7 years, first in a firm and then in a corporate department. I've set my sights pretty high: HBS, Sloan, Tuck, Ross, Wharton and Booth. The essays and coordinating recommends have my head spinning. Should I use the Consortium? Is it a channel that provides a benefit for URM applicants over the typical application process?

Appreciate the insight.

It does provide a benefit for anyone (US citizen regardless of race) that is dedicated to the proliferation of URMs in business school and management. It enables a streamlined application process for a much lower cost than applying to individual schools. There is a common application that can be used for up to six schools on the consortium list. Visit the cgsm.org website for more information. It is a great opportunity to develop a network of people focused on a common goal. I hope that helps. I don't think that your sights are out of reach by any means. I think the choice of schools listed is right on par with your GMAT score and your indicated profile. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors I intend to be pretty active on this site throughout the process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got the email. The Consortium application has gone live. Let's get this party started. Good luck to all. Peace.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Finally!!

All the essays are posted in the second post
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thankfully they carried over information from last year's application form into the new one (providing you sign in with the same email). I had started the entire process but never went through with it last year. That makes life a little easier. Starbucks day of pulling together my brainstorms into concrete essays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone else apply and get accepted to Michigan's "UpClose" event? I got my email this morning.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was interested to know how recent that Consortium data is. I know it can't be as of last year's cycle because I have seen it on older threads. I wonder if there is data available for last year's app cycle. I know they offered 380 fellowships. I wonder how many applied GMAT range GPAs and other stats. BML do you have any idea if the newer info is available?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:
I was interested to know how recent that Consortium data is. I know it can't be as of last year's cycle because I have seen it on older threads. I wonder if there is data available for last year's app cycle. I know they offered 380 fellowships. I wonder how many applied GMAT range GPAs and other stats. BML do you have any idea if the newer info is available?

I can only find the 2013 annual report. I don't think the 2014 has been released yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Excited to be part of this group, I am planning to apply this year too! :) I am hoping we can use each other as resources
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts