Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [7]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32880 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Re: New Product Announcement: GMATPrep Exam Pack w Enhanced Score Report [#permalink]
our CEO have anticipated my consideration about who have already purchased the exam pack 1.

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: New Product Announcement: GMATPrep Exam Pack w Enhanced Score Report [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT , my query is same as bb 's.
I purchased the Exam Pack some two weeks back, will I be able to apply the changes to my purchase?
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb

Yes, I am able to use the updated Exam Pack 1 functionality even though I purchased the Exam Pack 1 in September 2013. However, I did have to download the updated Exam Pack 1 software. I believe the new functionality will only be added to new tests taken after the update.

OfficialGMAT The press release mentioned that the Exam Pack 1 will feature 90 additional questions. My question is are these additional questions added to the database of questions that the Exam Pack 1 draws from during the computer adaptive test? In other words, these 90 questions are completely new to Exam Pack 1. Also, I notice the following comment on the product detail: "Users taking an Exam Pack test more than twice will see the same questions repeated." Does this mean that Exam Pack 1 tests can be taken twice each. Because based on my experience with Exam Pack 1, they were only useful for one attempts each because in the second attempt there was a significant overlap with the questions seen in the first attempt. Has this changed?

Of course, if I don't hear from you then I will just test this out on the software itself.

Thanks,
Dabral
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
New Product Announcement: GMATPrep Exam Pack w Enhanced Score Report [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
Great News and thank you for this improvement!
Quick question - what about all those who have already purchased the Exam Pack 1? Will they have access to this new functionality? Will they have to download the file again?

P.S. As a reminder, GMAT Club Premium members can buy the Exam Pack and Question Pack combo for $49.98 premium

Hello, BB. That's a great question. Students who have already purchased the Exam Pack 1 will need to contact our customer care team at +1 (866) 739-0238 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada only) or at +1 (703) 668-9604. They can also email store@mba.com. Please have your purchase details handy when you call!

Originally posted by OfficialGMAT on 02 Oct 2014, 10:33.
Last edited by OfficialGMAT on 02 Oct 2014, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
nitin6305 wrote:
OfficialGMAT , my query is same as bb 's.
I purchased the Exam Pack some two weeks back, will I be able to apply the changes to my purchase?

You will need to to contact our customer care team at +1 (866) 739-0238 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada only) or at +1 (703) 668-9604. You can also email store@mba.com. Please have your purchase details handy when you call!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for posting!
I have found this screenshot on www.mba.com with the new look of the Exam Pack Stats - are there any others you could post? Thank you!
Attachments

2014-10-02_1041.png
2014-10-02_1041.png [ 339.69 KiB | Viewed 6638 times ]

Send PM
New Product Announcement: GMATPrep Exam Pack w Enhanced Score Report [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dabral wrote:
bb

Yes, I am able to use the updated Exam Pack 1 functionality even though I purchased the Exam Pack 1 in September 2013. However, I did have to download the updated Exam Pack 1 software. I believe the new functionality will only be added to new tests taken after the update.

OfficialGMAT The press release mentioned that the Exam Pack 1 will feature 90 additional questions. My question is are these additional questions added to the database of questions that the Exam Pack 1 draws from during the computer adaptive test? In other words, these 90 questions are completely new to Exam Pack 1. Also, I notice the following comment on the product detail: "Users taking an Exam Pack test more than twice will see the same questions repeated." Does this mean that Exam Pack 1 tests can be taken twice each. Because based on my experience with Exam Pack 1, they were only useful for one attempts each because in the second attempt there was a significant overlap with the questions seen in the first attempt. Has this changed?

Of course, if I don't hear from you then I will just test this out on the software itself.

Thanks,
Dabral

Hello, Dabral. The updated Exam Pack 1 software contains the same questions as the previous version of Exam Pack 1, the only change is in the enhanced score reporting. However, these 90 questions are all different from the questions that come with the free GMATPrep software. So, if you have already purchased Exam Pack 1, purchasing the updated version again will not give you any new questions. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Edited to answer your second question: The Exam Pack comes with two exams, so you would expect to see repeat questions on your second attempt with either of the exams.

Thanks!

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Rebecca -

From your quote I see that there are not in fact 90 new questions, but I want to double check that (and wondering how this very exciting rumor got started?).

Also, that brings up some other questions - since I took the 4 GMAT Prep tests a little while ago now, I'm planning on retaking at least a couple of them.

My questions are:

1) Is there an Exam (or Question) Pack #2(s) coming anytime soon or a rough idea about when they might come out?

2) How many total questions are in the pool of the two Exam Pack 1 tests (or how many questions are in each pool if there is a separate pool for each test)?

3) Related to the question above, are there a certain # of question types (re: PS/DS & SC/CR/RC and 500 / 600 / 700-level)?

4) Finally, is either Exam Pack 1 or the two free tests "better" to retake - i.e. less of a chance of question-overlap?

Sorry for the difficult questions, and thank you VERY much in advance. I know that these aren't the easiest questions (& may not be answerable). I'm hoping that I'll forget at least most of the answers from the first go-round either way!

Thanks so much!!!
[/quote]

Hello, Dabral. The updated Exam Pack 1 software contains the same questions as the previous version of Exam Pack 1, the only change is in the enhanced score reporting. However, these 90 questions are all different from the questions that come with the free GMATPrep software. So, if you have already purchased Exam Pack 1, purchasing the updated version again will not give you any new questions. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Edited to answer your second question: The Exam Pack comes with two exams, so you would expect to see repeat questions on your second attempt with either of the exams.

Thanks!

Rebecca[/quote]
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Expert Reply
OfficialGMAT

Thanks for the reply. I am still confused about where these 90 new questions are that are referenced in the product detail here: https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx
If the pool of questions for the recent release of Exam Pack 1 is the same as before, then what is new about these 90 questions.

Dabral
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

At the outset, really great news. But I do have a query. I purchased exam pack 1 in June 2014. Do I need to repurchase the exam pack to avail the benefits or can I enjoy them with my current purchase? Can you pl elaborate?

Regards
Krishna Kumhar

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have been trying to contact the store at the numbers listed and also via email. But haven't got any response on the update. My concern is that my exam is only a week away, and I hope I get access to this update before the exam. I have emailed the store with my purchase details and looking forward to a reply.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Krish16291 wrote:
Hello,

At the outset, really great news. But I do have a query. I purchased exam pack 1 in June 2014. Do I need to repurchase the exam pack to avail the benefits or can I enjoy them with my current purchase? Can you pl elaborate?

Regards
Krishna Kumhar

It does not sound like you will have to buy it again, but it does seem you will have to download a new EP1 file that's been updated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [3]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi community,

in my case mba.com replied within a few hours with the following text:

mba.com wrote:
To update to the latest version of the GMATPrep Exam Pack and receive the enhanced score reporting, you will need to re-install the Exam Pack file by following the steps listed below:

1. First, ensure you have the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software installed. To download the latest version of GMATPrep, please visit https://www.mba.com/gmatprep
Re-download the Exam Pack (.gsp) file by clicking the following link: www.mba.com/exampack1
2. Save the .gsp file to your computer
3. Ensure the GMATPrep software is closed, and double click on the .gsp file located on your computer
4. The GMATPrep software should open and you will be presented with a message telling you that the additional content was successfully installed. Click OK.

I bought my EP1 on September 12th, so at least those that have bought the pack recently will not have to pay again.

Hope this helps!
Send PM
Expert Reply
sam2188 wrote:
I have been trying to contact the store at the numbers listed and also via email. But haven't got any response on the update. My concern is that my exam is only a week away, and I hope I get access to this update before the exam. I have emailed the store with my purchase details and looking forward to a reply.

Hello, Sam2188. To update the software please follow the instructions below:

To update to the latest version of the GMATPrep Exam Pack and receive the enhanced score reporting, you will need to re-install the Exam Pack file by following the steps listed below:

1. First, ensure you have the latest version of GMATPrep (v 2.3.322) software installed. To download the latest version of GMATPrep, please visit https://www.mba.com/gmatprep
Re-download the Exam Pack (.gsp) file by clicking the following link: https://www.mba.com/exampack1
2. Save the .gsp file to your computer
3. Ensure the GMATPrep software is closed, and double click on the .gsp file located on your computer
4. The GMATPrep software should open and you will be presented with a message telling you that the additional content was successfully installed. Click OK.
Send PM
Expert Reply
dabral wrote:
OfficialGMAT

Thanks for the reply. I am still confused about where these 90 new questions are that are referenced in the product detail here: https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx
If the pool of questions for the recent release of Exam Pack 1 is the same as before, then what is new about these 90 questions.

Dabral

Hello, Dabral. The description is referring to the questions being new to Exam Pack 1. This is still Exam Pack 1, only the scoring feature has changed. Had we released new questions, we would have released the product as Exam Pack 2. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 05-28-2015
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Since the response that i received from the customer care executive was very clear, i am copying it here.

"To update the software without losing your data history, please uninstall the free GMATPrep® software. Make sure you click [No] when asked if you want the uninstall process to remove all data. If you select (Yes), it will remove all exam scores, practice question sessions, etc. Then re-install the latest version (2.3.322) which is available for download on the official GMAT website(unable to post the link, <5 posts)

In order to successfully re-install the exam pack/question pack, please ensure the free GMATPrep application is closed, and then re-install the exam pack/question pack by double clicking on the .gsp file."
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Send PM
I pay to buy enhance score report

how to download/access the ESR?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2