Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [3]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.19
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
Congrats to all who are in and are receiving calls as we speak. Best of luck to those still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Kudos
In at Ross and Tepper! Excited about Ross, that was #1 for me. Denied at Darden and Waitlisted at Cornell and UNC (will be withdrawing from both).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TwoThrones wrote:
In at Ross and Tepper! Excited about Ross, that was #1 for me. Denied at Darden and Waitlisted at Cornell and UNC (will be withdrawing from both).

Congrats!
What time did you get the Ross ring?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Send PM
AtillaTheHulk wrote:
TwoThrones wrote:

Congrats!
What time did you get the Ross ring?

I got the call at 2:18pm EST and am based in the Midwest (EST). I missed it because I was in a meeting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
At this time, I am probably getting dinged. No calls, no nuffin...gonna turn that Hulk rage into something for next year tho
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
AtillaTheHulk wrote:
At this time, I am probably getting dinged. No calls, no nuffin...gonna turn that Hulk rage into something for next year tho

Don't give up hope yet Bruce Banner! A good number of people who applied to Johnson didn't get called but got in when they checked their status. There is still time today, and if not, you still have a chance Friday when they release their decision.

Also, are you applying to any schools Round 2? There is still plenty of time to apply, and now that you have 3 apps under your belt, a few more are far easier than before.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TwoThrones wrote:
AtillaTheHulk wrote:

Don't give up hope yet Bruce Banner! A good number of people who applied to Johnson didn't get called but got in when they checked their status. There is still time today, and if not, you still have a chance Friday when they release their decision.

Also, are you applying to any schools Round 2? There is still plenty of time to apply, and now that you have 3 apps under your belt, a few more are far easier than before.

I agree! Don't give up yet. Use that hulk rage for R2
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone have any Do's and Don'ts that they would like to share for R2ers??

Mine is a DO:

DO answer the question on the essay prompt. A lot of times it is easy to quickly read the essay prompt and think we know what it means. Read that prompt with a fine tooth comb. Every word they put in there has a reason. It sounds so simple, but make sure to answer the exact question they are asking.

Good luck all!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
TwoThrones wrote:
AtillaTheHulk wrote:

I agree! Don't give up yet. Use that hulk rage for R2

Haha appreciate it folks!
Will do...got a line up already :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
Anyone have any Do's and Don'ts that they would like to share for R2ers??

Mine is a DO:

DO answer the question on the essay prompt. A lot of times it is easy to quickly read the essay prompt and think we know what it means. Read that prompt with a fine tooth comb. Every word they put in there has a reason. It sounds so simple, but make sure to answer the exact question they are asking.

Good luck all!!

Agreed and a DO I received from my mentor was:

DO write a response that has some emotion and a story. It is easy to get caught up in only giving facts but to tie those facts into how you felt at the time and your motivations is what he believe adcoms really want to see. Also because they have to read hundreds of these it helps to hold their attention and make it memorable.

Best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
I think that the Dos and Don'ts is important. If we are truly dedicated to the Consortium's mission then we want to help future applicants with the process. I am applying second round and have stayed out of most of the conversation until now. I don't have much to add at current. For R2 be sure that you have your official transcripts to scan and not unofficial. Also beware that the Consortium closes December 23rd to January 3rd so if you have any questions regarding Round 2 apps get them in now. They sent out an email regarding this but I wanted to make sure I made it public. Best of luck to all those who are applying R2. A hearty congrats to those who have been accepted. No matter where you choose to attend please be sure to carry forward the mission of the Consortium. It is important to develop leaders in the Hispanic African American and Native American population. We can all accomplish this whether we attend Consortium schools or not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
DO: contact alums and/or current students that have similar backgrounds to you. there is no need to reinvent the wheel. many before you have been successful, so draw upon the experiences of those that have already walked in your shoes. most people that I interacted with were genuinely interested in helping. use and continuously expand your network.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A big DO outside of the essays is to visit the schools even if they do not have open interviews. Especially if they do. I think that was a big push for me so much so that a random second year I met while looking around campus on my own ended up being my interviewer. I know this may not always be the situation and I may have gotten lucky but seeing the culture before the interview is a great way to both know if that is the school you want to attend and why you want to attend that school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just got in to Texas, but weirdly even though I applied through the Consortium and did not rank them first, they came and offered a full fellowship anyway independent of the ranking!

I didn't realize they would (or could) do that.

Congrats to all getting their admits today, it's exciting to see your profiles light up green!

To those with WL and dings, don't let them deter you - as someone said above me use your new experiences and knowledge to propel you forward!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
reiman1 wrote:
Just got in to Texas, but weirdly even though I applied through the Consortium and did not rank them first, they came and offered a full fellowship anyway independent of the ranking!

I didn't realize they would (or could) do that.

Congrats to all getting their admits today, it's exciting to see your profiles light up green!

To those with WL and dings, don't let them deter you - as someone said above me use your new experiences and knowledge to propel you forward!

Darden did the same to me. They were ranked second on my list. I thought originally it was from their independent fellowships.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
Any accepted students willing to do essay reviews?

This is an early chance to start giving back to the community.

Congratulations to everyone in, and dings or wl shouldn't fret. R2 apps can be done quickly if not, there is next year to come back stronger than before.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waitlisted at Ross...bout to rage it up for admission :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts