Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [5]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Re: Review about Jamboree [#permalink]
Kudos
I am studying GMAT at Jamboree Jaipur Center and this place rocks.
Study happens at every institute but at jamboree u get a superb study
environment, classes and excellent motivation to make u reach an
extra mile.
Awesome Institute. Highly Recommended.
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31956 [9]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
rahul0121 wrote:
extra mile.

Hi,
I would request you to substantiate your recommendations to help students in choosing their institute.
It realy doesnot help the way you are trying to do...
please help each other in a more transparent way unless it looks like a spokesperson of the company without any substance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [6]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
rahul0121 wrote:
extra mile.

Caught A JAMBOREE REP Here,

Only one post on this forum by this individual, and all that to say all good things about jamboree,more no hardcore fact to convince readers , i'm sure your are not a GMAT student otherwise you'd have used your CR skills to convince readers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT Date: 08-14-2015
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Any recommendations for New Delhi region please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
saurabhmalhotra88 wrote:
Any recommendations for New Delhi region please?

There are very few good institutes for the GMAT coaching, i'm saying that because i have been preparing since past 6 months, most of coaching center's approach is like that of a tuition center, all the care about pouring information in your brain,

i think E GMAT is good, specially in terms of verbal, but for quant how good it is? i don't know.

My suggestion is to do self study by Manhattan books that's what i'm doing too, they are the best,
Moreover keep doing as much research as you can untill you find something good ,& must take trial classes before joining any institute...you know in India people have made Education a big business.

Best Of luck for your GMAT Journey :-D

Originally posted by jaspreets on 03 Jul 2015, 08:42.
Last edited by jaspreets on 02 Aug 2015, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
jaspreets wrote:
rahul0121 wrote:
extra mile.

Only one post on this forum by this individual, and all that to say all good things about jamboree,more no hardcore fact to convince readers , i'm sure your are not a GMAT student otherwise you'd have used your CR skills to convince readers.

Hi,

I am not here to convince anyone.I felt something and I shared. I wrote to strengthen, you wrote to cast a doubt. Strange, How without evidence you weaken, rather rule out my GMAT, Sad but Your analysis needs to work upon. Suggestion: Join Jamboree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chetan2u wrote:
rahul0121 wrote:
extra mile.

Hi,
I would request you to substantiate your recommendations to help students in choosing their institute.
It realy doesnot help the way you are trying to do...
please help each other in a more transparent way unless it looks like a spokesperson of the company without any substance

Hi,
Good to understand your concern, but you see on a forum like this one may write as one feels.
However it good to investigate the truth.
Make sure to visit the nearest centre if you happen to stay or visit a place which has a Jamboree.
I really felt a marked difference, especially the research part and faculty knowledge.
I hope this would clarify on your concerns and help you decide with ease
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [13]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
rahul0121 wrote:
jaspreets wrote:
rahul0121 wrote:
extra mile.

I had already given the fact- only one post and that to say all good things about jamboree, it's general assumption
Hi,

I am not here to convince anyone.I felt something and I shared. I wrote to strengthen, you wrote to cast a doubt. Strange, How without evidence you weaken, rather rule out my GMAT, Sad but Your analysis needs to work upon. Suggestion: Join Jamboree

Fact- A new user posted only one post and that to say all good things about jamboree (General Assumption - people spend time writing about someone/something when they have had bad experience from someone/something Or they have any self interest associated with it )

Fact- now this user has posted 3 posts in total to say all the good things without any strong facts, that too with a big claim "JOIN JAMBOREE"( moreover there's no track record available of this user whether he is here to study GMAT or for promotion - someone could see the first comment on the page, and see that comment was posted by a new user too, and interestingly got a kudos too.

Ok i want to write here my GMAT journey and contribution of this institute.i'm a an ex- jamboree student and I strongly feel that i have been cheated and robbed by this institute. here are the reasons.

1-Reasons- I planned to join jamboree under the impression that the institute would help me to acquire the basic maths skills that i terribly lacked at that time,I was very bad in Quants, so I was promised by shiv from raja garden staff that my basics would be cleared by jamboree, but it didn't happen.the solid foundation was grossly missing and i was pushed into 3 hours long GMAT classes, and that too when i didn't know the meaning of Diagonal.

2-Reason- During the class i couldn't have asked all those basic questions because there was so many students, i couldn't have taken all the time for myself, i sat like a crazy boy for 3 hours, utterly confused, faculty knowing from my body language yet they didn't help me specially when it was promised.

3-Reason-Jamboree could have conducted a Quant test in the very first place to see my quant abilities and based on that the next plan of action could have been taken, but it didn't happen.Approx two and half months i wasted my weekends on those classes, that could have been avoided.After the 2 months of training I ended up more confused than ever before i complained to the staff that I wasted my time and money, then I was suggested to take again fresh classes but foundation still missing,I refused the offer but decided to take doubt sessions.

4-Reason - Doubt sessions were very important for me, but the problem with doubt session was there were so many students sitting in the same room, and the required attention wasn't given, when i complained about this issue, then twice my appointment was cancelled on the appointed day as faculty said he was busy, furthermore whenever i got the time to meet faculty there was always someone else sitting with him so I had to accommodate with other students despite I had a personal appointment and was suppose to get personal session with faculty ,Thus jamboree wasted my next one and half month's time,my situation was like a cripple boy who could barely walk but had to run in a marathon.

5-Reason- after wasting my Four months I decided to speak with someone from the higher management , a lady from south Delhi branch said she would make me speak with the Quant Head of the center Amit Goyal, and warned me too he was senior so i better watch what i say, i wondered i was the client, i wasn't getting the service the way i was suppose to get and now this lady was telling me to be cautious of this man, anyway I spoke with Mr. Goyal , one of the most rudest persons i have ever spoken with, he addressed me by calling Tu(informal way of addressing), and didn't let me talk at all, said he had 5 minutes to talk to me, and during those 5 minutes didn't let me talk at all,he said i was suppose to do this or that and only than i'd get good score.He said he would take my session when he would have time,but he didn't tell when he'd do so.Next two days I tried calling him but he hung up on, so I sent him an email then the very next day he booked my appointment for 6 in the evening, and said he would take my doubt session, I went 25 km away from home for 45 minute session, and this gentleman didn't care to meet me once , instead another faculty member took my session, he suggested to read only things which were in the Jamboree-books, and he didn't answer any question i had from Manhattan books.anyway i was looking forward for an other doubt session.

6-Reason- I didn't know the timing of my next session, again i called the faculty head ,as usually he hung on me,sent him email and text message , very next day I get message on my phone that I have a session at raja garden branch within next One hour,assuming i could fly.I texted him back and requested him to inform me at least a day prior to the appointment, but there are people out there to whom you can never change.

7- Reason - I attended the that session in the afternoon,and saw a man who was conducting classes for SAT, the 3rd faculty member of the jamboree. He started giving out info as if we both are computer and we are wired on a network whatever he would say i would understand, 45 minutes wasted.

Thus after four months of approximate ordeal with Jamboree I understood the mindset and behavior of the people in the staff and of the management, initially it was hard to digest the fact 1) they robbed me by charging 31,000 ,2)
couldn't fulfill the promise made , 3) ran me across one institute to an other when we had negotiated on the terms that my study center would be at Raja Garden ,yet getting out of my comfort zone I went away 25 km,still no outcome, After all the pain i said to myself all they could have taken was my money,I can not run after them, so I sat at home started doing me studies all by myself from Manhattan, fallowed the online forum and started building my stamina for the GMAT. It was initially a daunting task all by myself but pain has its own rewards.I learned how to be disciplined, how to be focused , and more importantly not allowing others to drive you insane, you are the master of your own brain.

I know jamboree staff would read this and may be answer this by becoming an anonymous user but won't be brave enough to accept the responsibility, and someday a new member will come on this forum and would post Jamboree rocks, or something good about it,but no one from Jamboree's management would ever come here and apologize on public forum just as a professional institute would do.

Jamboree is not an institute it's a like a typical Indian tuition center,the founder has completely neglected the Theory of Bloom's Taxonomy.

Attachment:
cognitivedomain.png
cognitivedomain.png [ 102.62 KiB | Viewed 50074 times ]

The very first step of this pyramid states remembering or knowing the core concepts, and that's where i lacked and for that reason i joined Jamboree.when I didn't get the basics then requested for attention,sent text messages and emails,wasted months, went across kilometers in the pursuit of acquiring the basics but I was neglected by those very people who promised me of helping me,moreover what good are those Jamboree 700+ books which have been copied from other sources when the basic foundation is not built .Thus I can strongly conclude that i have been robbed by this institute.

Please note- I have all the facts, email and text messages as evidences of these events that was the only reason I specifically mentioned the names above.

To share some more insight about this institute I did some research and found something that might be interesting,I took these pictures from indeed.the text shows that the institute has assigned targets to the staff for admitting students. the original link is here - https://www.indeed.co.in/cmp/Jamboree-Ed ... td/reviews

Please read the highlighted line that says " the hardest part of the job was achieving the target", means aggressive marketing by claiming big thing and that lead to zero delivery.( not even delivering the basics..Alas!!)

In the end, no hard feeling against anyone, I have moved on, but I probably won't be ever interested in talking to anyone from Jamboree.
Attachments

Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG [ 19.83 KiB | Viewed 50615 times ]

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 28.37 KiB | Viewed 50616 times ]

Originally posted by jaspreets on 11 Jul 2015, 01:52.
Last edited by jaspreets on 05 Aug 2015, 21:11, edited 9 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 480 Q36 V20
Send PM
Kudos to your hardwork. I was searching for reviews and went through this. Thanks for the review.
I went to Byju's class and experienced a similar thing. I chose Online class and they gave me a tab to prepare from which had pre-loaded classes and tests (some software of theirs). It was not much helpful for me. THey gave me a guide and that guide will never attend my call. All I did was take notes of those classes which was not much interactive. But their teaching method was good. they cleared the basic concepts (both in Verbal & Quants) pretty good. Their material was very less. No one to one interaction. I got a very low score and when i called that person he said "arey u should have gone for that course material which we provide not this one" (After paying nearly 32k I got this answer) another person called me and said that, "ur CR should have been low. U should follow xyz rules, blah blah blah. Ill give u the materials for further practices. Follow it. Ill allot u another guide." THe other guide didnt call back only!!!
Now I have decided to follow Manhattan & OG-15 and this egmat!!
Pl suggest me other materials/methodology jaspreet!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Hi Engr2012..
Thanks for correcting me..it's embarrassing that i pasted the wrong link for Ron's Videos ...
Just to avoid further confusion i'm removing my post.
And Vishnu thank you for liking my review.for study plan and strategy you could refer to engr2012's post.
A very best of luck.
Bon chance !!

Originally posted by jaspreets on 25 Aug 2015, 03:26.
Last edited by jaspreets on 07 Sep 2015, 00:50, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM