Joined: 19 Nov 2008
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation for INSEAD [#permalink]
18 Nov 2013, 13:18
Appreciate if someone could help evaluate my profile !
I've been pretty confused with regards to my chances at INSEAD lately, especially with regards to my work exp. Also I'm interested in working globally(having worked in multiple countries over the years,currently based in Australia). Any form of suggestion would be appreciated
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Senior Engagement Manager with a Fortune 500 company handling accounts ranging from USD 50- 100 million. I design strategies,mentor team & do business development,developing the practice geographically.
Work Ex- 9 years by the time of admission(8 years full time,1 year part time),
International work ex- more than 5 years(US, Europe,NZ,Australia,APAC region)
Work Sphere- Technology/Management Consulting,General Management
2) Your GRE
313 ( Q 163, V 150)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Institute of Management Technology,Ghaziabad(India)-MBA
GPA - 8/ 10
Major - Marketing & Systems
Year of Grad - 2007
GPA - 8/10
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Community Service -
Local community service based in Melbourne,Australia(for Origin foundation)
An NGO working for education of children on a routine basis
Extra Acad -
Co founded of a SEO(Search Engine optimisation) start up during engineering
Successful in technologies implementation & support to the multiple industries
Organised road shows on behalf of the institute in various cities, to market technologies.
Played table tennis at district level
An avid photographer - Photograph put up in a famous blogs
Received multiple awards in debates and quizes at school and college level
Recently opened a new Retail start up with two franchises operating in Sydney & Melbourne,focusing on POS(Point of Sales)
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
SAP certified in CRM (Customer relationship Management) & BI(Business Intelligence)
PMP certified(Project Management Professional)
Certified in Supply Chain Management from APICS
6) Your target programs.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R2 2014 INSEAD
R1 2014 KELLOGG
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Working in Corporate strategy group/ Consulting Powerhouse in product or service industry. Also want to work in general Management & business development,essentially want to use MBA to get network & guidance to lead the start up business to great heights .