Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [8]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Other, General Management
Schools: LBS '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Other, General Management
Schools: LBS '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [5]
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

LBS - Admission Trends Over 5 Years!!

Here is our analysis of admission trends and acceptance chances at LBS based on our accumulated forum data of LBS applicants. We have tried to determine acceptance chances by GMAT score, admission rounds, industry, etc. and compare performance of GMAT Club applicants with overall applicant pool. The data used for this analysis is self-reported, so it's advised to use findings of this analysis with discretion. They are meant to give only a general idea of LBS's admission scenario. Don't presume that these findings will hold true all the time.

We would welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions or anything else that you might have to say about the findings of this analysis.

LBS Vs GMATClub: Applicant Pool YoY Comparison
2012 Intake2013 Intake2014 Intake2015 Intake2016 Intake
SchoolGMAT ClubSchoolGMAT ClubSchoolGMAT ClubSchoolGMAT ClubSchoolGMAT Club
# of ApplicantsN/A150N/A207N/A358N/A270N/A274
Acceptance RateN/A0.23N/A0.22N/A0.16N/A0.17N/A0.21
Average GMATN/A717N/A713700712701718N/A716
Average GPAN/A3.5N/A3.42N/A3.43N/A3.6N/A3.54
Avg Work Experience (in Months)N/A66N/A6966636057N/A62
Average AgeN/A28N/A2929282928N/A27

Acceptance Rate by GMAT Score

• Acceptance chances increase with higher GMAT scores.
  • As you score 730 or more on the GMAT, your probability of getting accepted increases to 1/3. Also you can be fairly sure of getting interview invite.

Sample Size: 558 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by Admission Round

• It’s surprising that chance of acceptance in R1 is almost same as that in R3
  • R2 and R3 have highest probability of acceptance than other rounds.
  • R1 is greatest round in terms of number of applicants.

Sample Size: 1251 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Different Age Groups

• Greatest portion of LBS's applicant pool is coming from 28-30 age group and this group also has highest chance of admission. This is not very surprising because average age of LBS's incoming class has always stayed around 28 - 29.

Sample Size: 412 Applicants

Acceptance rates by Countries

• For this analysis, we have considered only those countries that have relatively higher number of LBS applicants on forum. We have not chosen the countries with less than 8 applicants with the exception of Russia.
  • We have also shown the difference between average GMAT of overall applicant pool of a specific country and average GMAT of admitted students of that country.

Sample Size: 391 Applicants

Acceptance rates of applicants from various industries

• The first chart - line chart - shows acceptance rates of applicants from various industries and the pie chart next to it shows industry-wise allocation of applicants.

Sample Size: 514 Applicants

Incoming Class of LBS

• Here we have done industry-wise classification of students admitted between 2012 and 2016 to see representation of various industries in an average LBS MBA class.

Sample Size: 514 Applicants

As I said earlier, we welcome your views, counter-views, suggestions, etc on the analysis. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Checking in!

I salute all here. Let's give our best and may the force be with you.

Cheers,

Ibiaçu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q50 V25
GPA: 3.3
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, everyone!

My name's Leonardo Gomes. I'm a First Lieutenant from Brazilian Air Force - Logistics Career Path. And I'm intending to join LBS community too.

Good luck to all of us. I'm in the middle of my GMAT preparation (average 680 50/29). I'm fixing some issues related to verbal as I'm not a native speaker.

That's it. Focus ! Focus ! Focus !

I'm my opinion brexit won't affect employment of non-EU citizen. People from europe will experience the same issues that affect non-EU visa application. Just a formality.

For more than 300 years, London have been leading the financial markets. It won't change as expertise in private equity, islamic finance system, blockchain and emerging markets still coming from UK institutions, which improve its faculty year by year.

Everybody is afraid about uncertainty. But in such environment leader emerge and thrive. This is an excellent opportunity to teach us resilience and build upon creative solutions on finance industry. The world as we knew in 2008 changed. The future of financial markets is within Fintech.

That's what I believe.

We, applicants from Class 2019, have the commitment to drive post-brexit world economy into success.

Best Regards,

Leo
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
diasgomesldgs wrote:
For more than 300 years, London have been leading the financial markets. It won't change as expertise in private equity, islamic finance system, blockchain and emerging markets still coming from UK institutions, which improve its faculty year by year.

Everybody is afraid about uncertainty. But in such environment leader emerge and thrive. This is an excellent opportunity to teach us resilience and build upon creative solutions on finance industry. The world as we knew in 2008 changed. The future of financial markets is within Fintech.

That's what I believe.

Couldn't agree more on this. Also LBS is such a strong brand that, at least in the long run it will not have negative impact on its recruitment.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Guys, I just posted here a detailed analysis of admission trends and acceptance chances at LBS. calling-all-lbs-london-mba-applicants-2017-intake-class-of-221797.html#p1708081. Do take a look and feel free to put your comments in this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Excellent thread thanks for all of that detailed analysis on acceptance and GMAT info. I am applying because I believe London to be such an important cultural and business hub. As someone interested in consulting for international organizations I couldn't think of a better place to get an education and use as a springboard to other parts of the globe.

Have they released their deadlines yet? I'm just trying to get my recommenders the info they need so they know what all the deadlines for submission are. Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 607 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
Send PM
sefienolte wrote:
Excellent thread thanks for all of that detailed analysis on acceptance and GMAT info. I am applying because I believe London to be such an important cultural and business hub. As someone interested in consulting for international organizations I couldn't think of a better place to get an education and use as a springboard to other parts of the globe.

Have they released their deadlines yet? I'm just trying to get my recommenders the info they need so they know what all the deadlines for submission are. Thanks!!

Yup they have!

Here's the snippet from the website:

MBA2019 application timetable (for the class entering August 2017)

Some applicants will be chosen to progress to the interview stage. The interviews are all conducted by alumni of the MBA programme and your interview will take place in the region in which you are based. Based on alumni interviewer availability, you may be asked to travel in order to complete your interview.

Round 1

Application deadline: 21 September 2016
Interview decision sent on 12 October 2016
Interview period: mid-October - early November 2016
Admission decision sent on 23 November 2016

Round 2

Application deadline: 04 January 2017
Interview decision sent on 01 February 2017
Interview period: early February - early March 2017
Admission decision sent on 22 March 2017

Round 3

Application deadline: 24 February 2017
Interview decision sent on 29 March 2017
Interview period: early - mid-April 2017
Admission decision sent on 10 May 2017

Round 4

Application deadline: 21 April 2017
Interview decision sent on 17 May 2017
Interview period: mid-May - early June 2017
Admission decision sent on 21 June 2017

All application deadlines are 17:00 UK time. All Admissions Committee decisions are communicated via email and will be sent on the deadline day at approximately 10pm UK time.

All the very best fighters! :thumbup:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4225 [0]
Given Kudos: 302
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools: LBS MIF '19
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Top Contributor
diasgomesldgs wrote:

Leo

Hi There

I do agree too. However I believe the term Fintech is totally overestimated today. Thre is not even a proper definition of this term, however, everyone uses it. Can anyone recommend a good site on where to find useful information on the LBS essay questions?

E.g. if it say max. 500 words and I am just on 320, is this bad, good or neither? Should it better be close to 500 words?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Best regards
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How the MBA Recruitment Team can help you
Whether you are at the crucial research stage or in the process of applying for our MBA programme, the Recruitment Team at London Business School (LBS) can offer you a wealth of support.   1. WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR RESEARCH INTO THE MBA PROGRAMME We understand that it can take weeks, months and even […]

Read the rest of this entry...
https://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/LBSAdmi ... Il2AUoC8zA
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
reto wrote:

Hi There

I do agree too. However I believe the term Fintech is totally overestimated today. Thre is not even a proper definition of this term, however, everyone uses it.

Best regards

I find this to be an accurate statement. Fintech is being thrown about like cloud computing was, 5 years ago. Not to say that there isn't potential in these technologies, but it is somewhat overrated.

E.g. blockchain is a ledger system, which basically decentralises the verification of authenticity of entries within the ledger. It has certain applications in financial systems, such as trade settlement, and in legal practice, such as notary, but all in all, it is limited to such uses. A good way to think about it is to ask if there would be as much hype about the blockchain if it wasn't for it's first practical application, the bitcoin.

Now, the reason why I came to this thread, is that I also intend to apply in R1. I've submitted my resume for assessment, and will take a final call post a revert (if at all) from the Admissions team.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I've tried looking for the one page CV template that LBS requires. I can't find it on their website. If somebody can please send me a link. Thanks !
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Whoa! Less than a month left for R1 app submission deadline and this thread hardly makes any noise. Hope folks are on way with the essays and other parts of the applications.

If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [4]
Send PM