Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [5]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hello, can anyone give me an advice on this
I have handwritten recommendation letter from my chief health officer. Can i send it on my application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
Send PM
Hi everyone, anyone can can align me with LBS graduate 2000-2010 batch.
Planning for 2024 intake having 720 gmat score.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
arcgmat03 wrote:
Hello, can anyone give me an advice on this
I have handwritten recommendation letter from my chief health officer. Can i send it on my application ?

The link for the LOR will be sent to your recommender. As an applicant, you're not supposed to have any hand in the LOR. I am afraid I don't understand the question though
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
amansinghrajput wrote:
Hi everyone, anyone can can align me with LBS graduate 2000-2010 batch.
Planning for 2024 intake having 720 gmat score.

Linkedin would be a good place to look to connect with people from LBS or any business schools

Club events from school is another way
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
arcgmat03 wrote:
Hello, can anyone give me an advice on this I have handwritten recommendation letter from my chief health officer. Can i send it on my application ?

This would put your candidacy at a great disadvantage. you want to appear supported and this would make it look like they didn’t feel motivated enough to help you with your recommendation questions. A lot of people on this forum tend to downplay the importance of these LOR questions but it’s basically like 6 to 10 essays going out to all the schools. This is a lot more than the actual essays and some schools like Yale actually state that your LOR is a make or break piece of your application where the essay is not. Even the most purest of schools now say that you should coach your recommenders. At the very least I think it’s important to talk through potential stories with your recommender when people don’t have a hand in this process what I find is that recommenders don’t tell a complete story - they tell a bunch of little snippets with a lot of acronyms, making it unintelligible to the average human. They will pull from your review file and mention a bunch of adjectives that don’t actually create any substantiation for the claim or differentiate you. There’s a lot of ways this can go very very sideways, so I encourage everybody to pay close attention. Do not throw it over the fence and hope for the best. Be as involved as possible .

If it wasn’t important, they wouldn’t waste their time making a part of the application or reading all of this stuff.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@MBAPrepCoach Ma’am I’m an Indian female general physician with my undergrad gpa 4.0, I was handpicked by chief health officer among 80 doctors ( consisted both MDs and other junior doctors ) and have experience in managing multiple hospitals during my first 10 months of service and currently working as a junior resident doctor in Central government railways in India. I have volunteered as a doctor in a backward rural area during COVID crisis.My GMAT score is on lower side 630 (Q 48 V 27) . Am I considered a diverse candidate for LBS and if there’s any chance of me getting into LBS fall 2024 admission? My Chief health officer is unavailable right now for my recommendations therefore I planned to use the letter he wrote when I left my service there last year. I thought it would have been a advantage but i guess I’m mistaken.

Also I have B1 level proficiency in Spanish
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Join us on YouTube for INSEAD Application Walkthrough - Susan Berishaj (Sia Admissions) fills out INSEAD application live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpMJOKzkF0E
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
arcgmat03 wrote:
@MBAPrepCoach Ma’am I’m an Indian female general physician with my undergrad gpa 4.0, I was handpicked by chief health officer among 80 doctors ( consisted both MDs and other junior doctors ) and have experience in managing multiple hospitals during my first 10 months of service and currently working as a junior resident doctor in Central government railways in India. I have volunteered as a doctor in a backward rural area during COVID crisis.My GMAT score is on lower side 630 (Q 48 V 27) . Am I considered a diverse candidate for LBS and if there’s any chance of me getting into LBS fall 2024 admission? My Chief health officer is unavailable right now for my recommendations therefore I planned to use the letter he wrote when I left my service there last year. I thought it would have been a advantage but i guess I’m mistaken.

You definitely should apply around two, I would not recommend that you submit a letter that was created for some other purpose.

LBS has special questions, like what do you envision this person doing in 10 years, and if you don’t have a response for those specific questions, it’s going to put you at a disadvantage. It’s not as important the status of recommender as the actual storytelling.

You would need to articulate why you need to have a United Nations style program - like, why an international school?

with regards to the GMAT, you are totally set on the quant, but I really recommend that you find a verbal tutor. PM me on it.

It would be well well worth it for you to wait and apply around two and get that number up to something like a 36+.
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 717
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Hi requesting a profile evaluation- Indian female with 4 years of work ex as a data science consultant at a fortune global 500 company. Have lead teams of 3, so have leadership experience and have worked with international clients throughout my tenure.
Masters and Bachelors in Economics.
Masters GPA- 7.83, Undergrad %age- 78.65%
GMAT- 730(Q48, V42, IR5, AWA-yet to come)
Have some volunteering experience as a teacher volunteer and have held leadership positions in clubs in my undergrad.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
You definitely should apply around two, I would not recommend that you submit a letter that was created for some other purpose. LBS has special questions, like what do you envision this person doing in 10 years, and if you don’t have a response for those specific questions, it’s going to put you at a disadvantage. It’s not as important the status of recommender as the actual storytelling. You would need to articulate why you need to have a United Nations style program - like, why an international school? with regards to the GMAT, you are totally set on the quant, but I really recommend that you find a verbal tutor. PM me on it. It would be well well worth it for you to wait and apply around two and get that number up to something like a 36+.

Thank you for the guidance ma’am
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q89 V79 DI78
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Could someone please review my profile?
Below is my profile
Engineer Male - w/ 3 years of work Experience till now.

Class 10th - 10 CGPA
Class 12th - 89% - CBSE Boards
Under-graduation - BE in Electronics and Computer Engineering w/ 9.69 CGPA - merit holder

I have a lot of volunteering experience in college as well as in my last company such as being Creativity heads in multiple fests managing team of 30+ juniors, IN my last company - I have organised various events and was communication team member.

Work Ex- GE ( worked for 2 years ) and currently working with an OTA based mnc company.
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
Send PM
sv2023 wrote:
Hi requesting a profile evaluation- Indian female with 4 years of work ex as a data science consultant at a fortune global 500 company. Have lead teams of 3, so have leadership experience and have worked with international clients throughout my tenure. Masters and Bachelors in Economics. Masters GPA- 7.83, Undergrad %age- 78.65% GMAT- 730(Q48, V42, IR5, AWA-yet to come) Have some volunteering experience as a teacher volunteer and have held leadership positions in clubs in my undergrad.

@MBAPrepCoach could you please review my profile as well.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Vmundra,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile for the LBS MBA program seems strong and well-rounded, highlighting both academic excellence and meaningful extracurricular and work experiences. Your academic record is impressive. A consistently high performance in 10th and 12th grades, along with a stellar undergraduate CGPA, showcases your dedication to excellence. The merit-based recognition during your undergraduate studies adds another layer of accomplishment to your academic profile.

Having three years of work experience is a good starting point for applying to MBA programs. It's beneficial that you've experienced two different companies, providing you with diverse exposure. Working at GE and your current position in an OTA-based MNC indicates industry diversity and adaptability. Your involvement in organizing events and being part of the communication team demonstrates leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills. These qualities are highly valued in MBA programs. LBS values candidates with a global outlook and cultural diversity. If your work experience has involved international exposure or collaboration, be sure to highlight this.

Your volunteering experiences during college and in your last company are commendable. Holding leadership roles and managing teams in college fests and company events showcase your ability to lead, collaborate, and manage projects. Being the Creativity Head in college is particularly interesting, as it highlights your innovative thinking and ability to drive creative initiatives.

Your profile appears competitive for the LBS MBA program. Your strong academic background, leadership roles in college and work, and diversity in work experiences align well with what top MBA programs seek. To maximize your chances, ensure that your application essays and letters of recommendation effectively convey your passion, goals, and how an MBA from LBS would align with your career trajectory.

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

Vmundra wrote:
Could someone please review my profile?
Below is my profile
Engineer Male - w/ 3 years of work Experience till now.

Class 10th - 10 CGPA
Class 12th - 89% - CBSE Boards
Under-graduation - BE in Electronics and Computer Engineering w/ 9.69 CGPA - merit holder

I have a lot of volunteering experience in college as well as in my last company such as being Creativity heads in multiple fests managing team of 30+ juniors, IN my last company - I have organised various events and was communication team member.

Work Ex- GE ( worked for 2 years ) and currently working with an OTA based mnc company.
Director
Director
Send PM
sv2023 wrote:
Hi requesting a profile evaluation- Indian female with 4 years of work ex as a data science consultant at a fortune global 500 company. Have lead teams of 3, so have leadership experience and have worked with international clients throughout my tenure.
Have some volunteering experience as a teacher volunteer and have held leadership positions in clubs in my undergrad.

sv2023, some quick q's before providing feedback: How was the professional arc at your role(s) - any promotions? And what are your post MBA goals?

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
Send PM
Yes admitstreet, had one promotion over the four years( from analyst to consultant) . I am leaning towards working in marketing but to be honest want to do an MBA to explore my options too.
Director
Director
Send PM
sv2023 wrote:
Yes admitstreet, had one promotion over the four years( from analyst to consultant) . I am leaning towards working in marketing but to be honest want to do an MBA to explore my options too.

Thanks for the update sv2023

1. Acads/ GPA and GMAT are good. Based on the strength of your professional experience (point 2), rationale for MBA/ LBS (point 3) and ECs/ traits, your application can be pretty strong.

2. Professional arc looks interesting, particularly given the possible transferable skills (analyzing data, stakeholder management, etc.) that can apply to your target role (marketing). Aim to highlight key achievements in your roles, the lessons you learned, challenges you faced, etc. and quantify wherever possible.

3. Have clear and compelling responses to why MBA, why now, why LBS and what your goals are (target sector, function, geography and ideally companies). It's alright to explore options during MBA, but having a clear plan A and plan B not only shows the AdCom that you have done your research, but also structures your thought process. Similarly, highlighting the specific resources at LBS that can help you achieve your goals can make the narrative stronger.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
sv2023 wrote:

sv2023 hope you are doing well

Your GMAT score is good, but your quant score could be better.
Your profile description seems quite surface level, lacking in-depth details for meaningful feedback. Consider identifying a few key themes that could differentiate you and that you'd like to emphasize in your application. For example, simply being a Data Science consultant at an F500 company is rather broad and doesn't make you stand out. How can you make your candidacy more intriguing so that the admissions committee would want to invite you for an interview? Keep in mind that applicants don't have to be outliers to be strongly considered. But admissions committees are looking for students who can bring unique perspectives and diversity to the class, whether from extracurricular or professional experiences.

If you have specialized knowledge in a specific industry, you might have a deep understanding of its trends, challenges, and opportunities. Highlight your insights. Regarding extracurricular activities, i am sure there is more potential for crafting a compelling narrative. Reflect on which experiences have truly shaped your personality and identity. MBA essays are more than just a list of accomplishments – they're a way to express what holds personal meaning to you.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us should you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  34