[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "202_school_count"
Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : LBS - Page 11
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 02:11 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 02:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  36   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
IshaC25 wrote:
Hey guys, I had my interview today. It was in-person at a coffee shop with an alumnus. She was really nice and we ended up speaking for over 90 mins. General behavioural questions and specific questions about international engagement. I also did my keira interview and the second question was ’how have you solved a problem in creative ways". Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Can you also help us with the case question? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
There was an extract of an opinion by a professor on strategy and it was a general question on how would you - keeping the opinion in mind- strategise for your company.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
IshaC25 wrote:
There was an extract of an opinion by a professor on strategy and it was a general question on how would you - keeping the opinion in mind- strategise for your company.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello . I am swaranishita from India, I am very new to GMAT club and GMAT exam . So can if anyone can help me with the eligibility criteria of LBS
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [1]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Its_meh_Ishita:
Its_meh_Ishita wrote:
Hello . I am swaranishita from India, I am very new to GMAT club and GMAT exam . So can if anyone can help me with the eligibility criteria of LBS

If you want someone else do a Google search for you for even the eligibility criteria, maybe LBS is not the right place.
Please check out the LBS Website, a Youtube search on how to strengthen your application to LBS and so on, and you will actually be using your time more efficiently
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just to be very specify I don’t want someone else do a research for me I wanted a general guidance that’s it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools: ISB '24 (I)
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
If everyone do the research by their own then consultants will become jobless 😉
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How much academic score is important to get into LBS like 10/12th marks?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, maybe I am bit late here, but would really appreciate your opinion.

I was planning on applying to LBS (round 2), but have just received a pretty underwhelming GMAT score (640: Q38, V40, IR 6, AWA tbd).

So a quick overview of my profile:
- Job: Private Equity Associate (WE 4.5yr - Entered my current firm as an Analyst, got promoted to Sr. Analyst and then to Associate)
- Achievements: Closed 3 deals in different infrastructure sectors in my country (Peru) - Would definitely expand on these over my resume, essays and LOR
- GPA: 3.5 equivalent

Should I go ahead with my application? should I take 1-2 more weeks and retake the GMAT, considering that the I would only have 1 month (accounting for holidays) to complete the rest of the requirements to apply? Or would you recommend postponing 1 year..

Thanks for your advice
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 237
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: NUS
GPA: 3.49
WE:Operations (Finance)
Send PM
Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Matzevlar wrote:
Hi, maybe I am bit late here, but would really appreciate your opinion. I was planning on applying to LBS (round 2), but have just received a pretty underwhelming GMAT score (640: Q38, V40, IR 6, AWA tbd). So a quick overview of my profile: - Job: Private Equity Associate (WE 4.5yr - Entered my current firm as an Analyst, got promoted to Sr. Analyst and then to Associate) - Achievements: Closed 3 deals in different infrastructure sectors in my country (Peru) - Would definitely expand on these over my resume, essays and LOR - GPA: 3.5 equivalent Should I go ahead with my application? should I take 1-2 more weeks and retake the GMAT, considering that the I would only have 1 month (accounting for holidays) to complete the rest of the requirements to apply? Or would you recommend postponing 1 year.. Thanks for your advice

Hi Matzevlar,

I’ve been there with that score, and while your work ex and GPA are great, I’m not so sure about applying to LBS specifically with a 640. Especially since round 2 tends to get a bit more competitive.

I’m no expert but here’s my two cents - How do you feel about being able to score on your second attempt? Were your official mock scores better than your actual test? If you’re confident you can pull it off, I’d really recommend a re-attempt.

Thanks,
Sim
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Those who had their interview with LBS, would you mind sharing the case that you did?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Sim_SG3 wrote:
Matzevlar wrote:
Hi, maybe I am bit late here, but would really appreciate your opinion. I was planning on applying to LBS (round 2), but have just received a pretty underwhelming GMAT score (640: Q38, V40, IR 6, AWA tbd). So a quick overview of my profile: - Job: Private Equity Associate (WE 4.5yr - Entered my current firm as an Analyst, got promoted to Sr. Analyst and then to Associate) - Achievements: Closed 3 deals in different infrastructure sectors in my country (Peru) - Would definitely expand on these over my resume, essays and LOR - GPA: 3.5 equivalent Should I go ahead with my application? should I take 1-2 more weeks and retake the GMAT, considering that the I would only have 1 month (accounting for holidays) to complete the rest of the requirements to apply? Or would you recommend postponing 1 year.. Thanks for your advice

Hi Matzevlar,

I’ve been there with that score, and while your work ex and GPA are great, I’m not so sure about applying to LBS specifically with a 640. Especially since round 2 tends to get a bit more competitive.

I’m no expert but here’s my two cents - How do you feel about being able to score on your second attempt? Were your official mock scores better than your actual test? If you’re confident you can pull it off, I’d really recommend a re-attempt.

Thanks,
Sim

Thanks a lot for your reply Sim.

I spoke with my mentor also and he basically told my the same.

My mock scores have been around the 700 mark. Two 690's and two 700's over the past month.. I will try again in a week's time.

On another note, would you recommend switching lanes and taking the GMAT Focus edition?

Again, really appreciate your comments
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 237
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: NUS
GPA: 3.49
WE:Operations (Finance)
Send PM
Matzevlar wrote:
Thanks a lot for your reply Sim. I spoke with my mentor also and he basically told my the same. My mock scores have been around the 700 mark. Two 690’s and two 700’s over the past month.. I will try again in a week’s time. On another note, would you recommend switching lanes and taking the GMAT Focus edition? Again, really appreciate your comments

My pleasure! Your story really struck a chord with me, because we have a very similar career trajectory, 0.01 difference in GPA and the same GMAT score. Except I gave the Classic version last year and I’ve been through the motions of getting rejected by a school that’s less impressive than LBS.

I’m appearing for the Focus Edition before the year ends, and while I agree it’s the way forward, I don’t think switching with only a few weeks to prepare is advisable. Mainly because of the inclusion of the D

Once again I’ve hit enter before completing my message :cry:

Sim_SG3 wrote:
My pleasure! Your story really struck a chord with me, because we have a very similar career trajectory, 0.01 difference in GPA and the same GMAT score. Except I gave the Classic version last year and I’ve been through the motions of getting rejected by a school that’s less impressive than LBS. I’m appearing for the Focus Edition before the year ends, and while I agree it’s the way forward, I don’t think switching with only a few weeks to prepare is advisable. Mainly because of the inclusion of the D

***Mainly because of the inclusion of the Data Insights section.

Have you considered that maybe the issue isn’t with your preparation per se, but rather D-day anxiety? I’ve heard many GMAT tutors mention that a score reduction drop from mocks occurs for this reason.
This video explores a few other possible reasons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPn3fJtny3A

One last recommendation - if you’re able to purchase the Enhanced Score Report of your previous attempt, I would suggest you go for it. It’s a small investment, but the insights are invaluable.
It mainly breaks down your weak areas, the level of questions you struggle with, the phases of each section you struggled with on the test, the time taken on various question types and so on.

Could it be more intuitive and detailed? Absolutely. Does it help irrespective? Personally, it helped me.

Sorry for the essay >< Hope this helps!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Does anyone know by when can we give the kira interview? I know it’s till tomorrow but what time?
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Matzevlar:
Matzevlar wrote:
Hi, maybe I am bit late here, but would really appreciate your opinion.

I was planning on applying to LBS (round 2), but have just received a pretty underwhelming GMAT score (640: Q38, V40, IR 6, AWA tbd).

So a quick overview of my profile:
- Job: Private Equity Associate (WE 4.5yr - Entered my current firm as an Analyst, got promoted to Sr. Analyst and then to Associate)
- Achievements: Closed 3 deals in different infrastructure sectors in my country (Peru) - Would definitely expand on these over my resume, essays and LOR
- GPA: 3.5 equivalent

Should I go ahead with my application? should I take 1-2 more weeks and retake the GMAT, considering that the I would only have 1 month (accounting for holidays) to complete the rest of the requirements to apply? Or would you recommend postponing 1 year..

Thanks for your advice

I would say a NO for LBS for now; A higher GMAT PLUS a higher number of years of WE will help; I have worked with multiple clients to get them to LBS, and therefore know in the absence of an Entrepreneurial firm/ venture, LBS would prefer higher number of years of WE; Of course the higher GMAT is key as well

Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: HBS '26 (WL)
Send PM
gads1 wrote:
Does anyone know by when can we give the kira interview? I know it’s till tomorrow but what time?

I have the same question. Is anyone aware about this ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
hi did anyone do the kira video and what was the second question?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  36