Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 17:29 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 17:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1   2   3   4  ...  36   
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 735 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
MBA House Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1451 [0]
Given Kudos: 584
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sv2023 wrote:
Hi requesting a profile evaluation- Indian female with 4 years of work ex as a data science consultant at a fortune global 500 company. Have lead teams of 3, so have leadership experience and have worked with international clients throughout my tenure. Masters and Bachelors in Economics. Masters GPA- 7.83, Undergrad %age- 78.65% GMAT- 730(Q48, V42, IR5, AWA-yet to come) Have some volunteering experience as a teacher volunteer and have held leadership positions in clubs in my undergrad.

Hi there so sorry it’s taken me a week to get back to you. Four years of work experience is strong, potentially a little bit low for London Business School because they like seasoned applicants but not by much and the fact that you have leadership experience probably offsets that. Working as a data science consultant is probably not hugely unique but I think all things together it makes a strong profile. I’m not exactly sure how to interpret your grades but your GMAT for LBS is sufficient, you’re overrepresented as an Indian but offset by the fact that you’re female. Nice verbal score. I would have liked to have seen some type of specific positive impact related to extracurriculars post college, but not a deal breaker. I’m glad that you do have something on the board for that. I’m glad that you have some international client experience, if you’re applying to LBS you really want to articulate why you need and want a United Nations style program. You might want to shape goals that have an international dimension to it, this is sometimes a backup school for people and so they are really looking to see if you need what they have specifically such as the international element, or maybe the flexibility in the curriculum where the length is customizable.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi, requesting you all for a profile evaluation

Indian male 29.5 yo
10th: 81%
12th: 85%
B tech chemical egg: 81%
M tech chemical engg: 89%
Work ex of 6 y in india’s biggest oil refining company
2 promotions
Role: problem solving, optimisation, project management
Extracurricular: average (mentoring of IIT interns at my current role, merit scholarships during masters, manage funds for friends and family, half marathon runner etc)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all LBS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
vkdubey wrote:
Hi, requesting you all for a profile evaluation

Indian male 29.5 yo
10th: 81%
12th: 85%
B tech chemical egg: 81%
M tech chemical engg: 89%
Work ex of 6 y in india’s biggest oil refining company
2 promotions
Role: problem solving, optimisation, project management
Extracurricular: average (mentoring of IIT interns at my current role, merit scholarships during masters, manage funds for friends and family, half marathon runner etc)

vkdubey - a few Q's before providing some feedback: do you have a GMAT score? and what are your post MBA goals?

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
admitStreet wrote:
vkdubey - a Q before providing some feedback: do you have a GMAT score? Regards, Arvind HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

sorry. forgot to mention GMAT of 720
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GRE 1: Q170 V157

GRE 2: Q165 V162

GRE 3: Q168 V169
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hello,
Please help me evaluate my profile for LBS in R1.

Background and nationality:
29 years, Male Indian.

Academic background:
10th, India: 10 CGPA
12th, India: 95%
BTech in CSE (NIT Durgapur), India: 8.88 CGPA
GRE: 328 (158V, 170Q)

Professional background:
Total Work experience: 6 years and 2 months as of today.
•Goldman Sachs – 4 years
o Worked and led end-to-end development to launch for high-stake consumer projects, such as Apple Card, and Apple Savings (GS-Apple partnership projects) – Led various domains end to end for all the above projects.
o Globally leading a team of 10 people from India
o 2 promotions in 4 years – Currently a Vice President.
o Various Engineering Awards won in 4 years.
o Spent 2 years in Private Equity Division as well.
•Oracle – 2 years

Extra- Curricular:
• Been a part of Goldman Sachs Community Team Works since 2019 – On an average of 12 hours a month spent towards community activities. (2019-now)
• Regular volunteer in 2 NGOs since 2019 – Teaching under-served students on weekends (2019-now)
• Regular Marathon Runner for various social causes since 2017. (2017-now)
• Had a restaurant startup in college – 1-year devoted effort. (2016)
• Initiated and set up a programming club in college from scratch. (2016)
• Co-authored a research paper in college. (2017)
• Other leadership initiatives and community work done in college and school.

Plan post-MBA– Product Management, utilizing my technical background. Fin Tech Space with a focus on FAANG companies post MBA.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 735 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
jammerroy wrote:
Hello,

29 years, Male Indian.

Academic background:

Professional background:
•Goldman Sachs – 4 years
o Worked and led end-to-end development to launch for high-stake consumer projects, such as Apple Card, and Apple Savings (GS-Apple partnership projects) – Led various domains end to end for all the above projects.
•Oracle – 2 years

Extra- Curricular:
• Been a part of Goldman Sachs Community Team Works since 2019 – On an average of 12 hours a month spent towards community activities. (2019-now)
• Regular volunteer in 2 NGOs since 2019 – Teaching under-served students on weekends (2019-now)

Plan post-MBA– Product Management, utilizing my technical background. Fin Tech Space with a focus on FAANG companies post MBA.

jammerroy hope you are doing great

You have a solid academic trajectory and an exceptional GRE score, particularly in the quantitative section, adding to your credentials.

Your professional profile boasts multiple strong facets, including strong employer and client brand associations, a track record of incremental growth, and diverse global project engagements. Construct your application around the opportunities or challenges you've encountered at the nexus of technology and finance, illustrating your approach to addressing them. Admissions committees appreciate candidates who demonstrate a passion for problem-solving and seizing market opportunities.

Your extensive involvement in extracurricular activities provides a wealth of discussion points. By aligning your narrative with the expectations of admissions committees and effectively articulating your motivations for pursuing an LBS MBA, you will get closer to converting the admit.

Get personalized advice tailored to your specific situation. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
VP
VP
Send PM
vkdubey wrote:
admitStreet wrote:
vkdubey - a Q before providing some feedback: do you have a GMAT score? Regards, Arvind HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

sorry. forgot to mention GMAT of 720

vkdubey - thanks for updating this. Some feedback from an initial assessment:

1. Academics (GPA and scores) are good. GMAT is fine, although could be a bit lower considering the Indian Male perspective. A strong professional arc and rationale (point 2), and ECs (point 3), can help strengthen the application.

2. The professional arc is interesting, given the promotions and skills associated (problem solving, project management). Aim to highlight the tangible impact you had on these role(s) i.e. what you did, what was the result (ideally quantified) to the team/ organization, what you learned, etc. Translating these to your post MBA goals and identifying any transferable skills can help. Have solid rationale and responses to why MBA, why now, why LBS specifically. Doing research on the school's offerings and speaking to alumni can help.

3. ECs seem interesting too. Same comment as above: aim to highlight what you learned through these activities, hopefully through your consistent involvement, and how these can be translated to your journey during/ post MBA.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
VP
VP
Send PM
jammerroy wrote:
Hello,

29 years, Male Indian.

Academic background:

Professional background:
•Goldman Sachs – 4 years
•Oracle – 2 years

Extra- Curricular:

jammerroy - good profile overall for LBS. Please see some feedback from an initial review:

1. Academics and GRE score are strong. The NIT tag and Computer Science background helps too.

2. Your professional journey is interesting, given the Goldman and Oracle brands, and your involvement across some high-impact projects and leadership roles. The PE angle is good too. Highlighting your transferable skills (there are quite some) from your past roles which can apply to your post-MBA goal of PM can help. Also aim to highlight how an MBA and particularly LBS can help bridge any skill-set gaps. Some of the FAANG companies have fin-tech teams (e.g. Amazon/ Apple/ Google Pay) so these can be interesting roles to target.

3. ECs present good talking points for the essays. Aim to have a narrative around how your skillsets/ interests developed through these activities can help you bring value to the LBS cohort e.g. maybe leadership roles in PE or sports clubs?

Hope this helps some. Feel free to reach out for a detailed chat.

Regards,
Arvind
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 788
Schools: Ross '26 (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi there so sorry it’s taken me a week to get back to you. Four years of work experience is strong, potentially a little bit low for London Business School because they like seasoned applicants but not by much and the fact that you have leadership experience probably offsets that. Working as a data science consultant is probably not hugely unique but I think all things together it makes a strong profile. I’m not exactly sure how to interpret your grades but your GMAT for LBS is sufficient, you’re overrepresented as an Indian but offset by the fact that you’re female. Nice verbal score. I would have liked to have seen some type of specific positive impact related to extracurriculars post college, but not a deal breaker. I’m glad that you do have something on the board for that. I’m glad that you have some international client experience, if you’re applying to LBS you really want to articulate why you need and want a United Nations style program. You might want to shape goals that have an international dimension to it, this is sometimes a backup school for people and so they are really looking to see if you need what they have specifically such as the international element, or maybe the flexibility in the curriculum where the length is customizable.

Thankyou @MBAPrepCoach, really great insights in just one message. I am actually interested in the customisable length elwhich US schools don’t provide
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello all,

29 years, Male Pakistan.
BS Computer Sciences (CGPA 2.7/4.0)
Post Graduate Diploma (CGPA 3.8/4.0)
GMAT: 690

Professional background:
Total Work experience: 6 years
•Shell – 3.5 years (2 promotions)
o leading $300mn topline Global Business with 15+ direct reports and 50k+ customers, reporting directly to global leaders
o 2 promotions in 4 years – currently Business General Manager
o Won global awards in sales
•Toyota – 2.5 years (1 Promotion)
o Business Analyst - Treasury, Accounting, Finance

Extra-Curricular:
• Been a part of Pakistan debating community since 2013 – lead the largest public speaking club in Pakistan, organized several conferences, launched 1st ever social outreach initiative for debators in PK
• Regular volunteer in schools since 2017– coaching debates to students
• lead teams to international conferences in US, Europe, Asia
• Won awards at debating conferences hosted by Harvard

Plan post-MBA– pivot into management consulting

What are my chances?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 478 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello DepreciatingPKR,

I hope you are doing well. Your profile looks good on the surface. You have a total of 6 years of work experience, which is within the typical range for MBA applicants. Your experience at Shell, where you've received two promotions in 3.5 years, showcases your rapid career progression and leadership skills. Your experience leading a $300 million topline global business with direct reports and customers highlights your ability to handle significant responsibilities and manage a substantial business unit. Your awards and recognition in sales at Shell demonstrate your ability to excel in a competitive business environment. Your GPA in your BS Computer Sciences degree is on the lower side. However, your Post Graduate Diploma GPA is strong. While LBS does consider academic performance, your strong performance in your diploma could help balance out your undergraduate GPA.

Speaking about your ECs, your extensive involvement in the debating community, leading the largest public speaking club in Pakistan, and organizing conferences show your leadership and organizational skills. Your coaching efforts and participation in international conferences further demonstrate your commitment and global exposure.

Your plan to pivot into management consulting after your MBA aligns well with the typical post-MBA career paths. Your background in business and leadership roles makes this transition feasible. A GMAT score of 690 is decent and falls within the range of scores accepted by LBS. While it's not the highest score, it's competitive enough, especially when combined with your professional experience and achievements.

Overall, you seem to have a competitive profile for the LBS MBA program. Your leadership experience, global exposure, and strong achievements are likely to make you a compelling candidate. However, keep in mind that LBS is a prestigious business school with a highly competitive applicant pool. To improve your chances further, focus on crafting a strong application that effectively highlights your achievements, leadership, and future goals. Ensure that your essays, letters of recommendation, and interviews reflect your passion, uniqueness, and readiness for the program.

Good luck with your application!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

DepreciatingPKR wrote:
Hello all,

29 years, Male Pakistan.
BS Computer Sciences (CGPA 2.7/4.0)
Post Graduate Diploma (CGPA 3.8/4.0)
GMAT: 690

Professional background:
Total Work experience: 6 years
•Shell – 3.5 years (2 promotions)
o leading $300mn topline Global Business with 15+ direct reports and 50k+ customers, reporting directly to global leaders
o 2 promotions in 4 years – currently Business General Manager
o Won global awards in sales
•Toyota – 2.5 years (1 Promotion)
o Business Analyst - Treasury, Accounting, Finance

Extra-Curricular:
• Been a part of Pakistan debating community since 2013 – lead the largest public speaking club in Pakistan, organized several conferences, launched 1st ever social outreach initiative for debators in PK
• Regular volunteer in schools since 2017– coaching debates to students
• lead teams to international conferences in US, Europe, Asia
• Won awards at debating conferences hosted by Harvard

Plan post-MBA– pivot into management consulting

What are my chances?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello jammerroy,

I hope you are doing well. Your profile appears strong and well-rounded, making you a competitive candidate for the London Business School (LBS) MBA program. Your consistently high academic achievements in both high school and college demonstrate your strong intellectual capabilities. Your GRE score of 328 is competitive, especially considering your strong academic and professional background. It's in the range that LBS typically accepts.

Your six years of work experience at reputable companies like Goldman Sachs and Oracle, along with your role in leading end-to-end development and successful projects, is a significant asset. Your experience at Goldman Sachs working on high-stakes consumer projects and your global team leadership responsibilities demonstrate your leadership, project management, and technical skills. Your two promotions at Goldman Sachs in a span of 4 years highlight your rapid career progression and recognition within the organization. Winning various engineering awards and having spent time in the Private Equity Division further underlines your contributions.

Your consistent engagement in community activities through Goldman Sachs Community Team Works and volunteering with NGOs showcases your commitment to social impact and community building. Your involvement in marathon running for social causes, initiating a programming club, co-authoring a research paper, and your restaurant startup all demonstrate your proactive and diverse interests. Initiating the programming club in college and your restaurant startup indicates your leadership and entrepreneurial qualities. Your plan to transition into Product Management, leveraging your technical background and aiming for the FinTech space with a focus on FAANG companies, aligns well with the skills and networks an MBA can offer.

Your profile is compelling for the LBS MBA program. Your strong academic background, impressive work experience at reputable firms, consistent leadership roles, and community engagement are all in line with what top-tier business schools like LBS value. Your clear career goals and how you plan to leverage your technical background in the FinTech space demonstrate a well-thought-out trajectory post-MBA. To maximize your chances, ensure your application essays clearly articulate your accomplishments, ambitions, and how an MBA from LBS aligns with your goals. Use your essays to highlight your unique experiences and what you can contribute to the LBS community. Strong letters of recommendation and a polished application package will further strengthen your candidacy.

Keep in mind that admission to competitive MBA programs is multifaceted, and the final decision can be influenced by factors such as the applicant pool and the specific qualities the admissions committee is looking for. Be authentic and showcase your strengths and experiences to make a strong case for your admission to LBS.

Good luck with your application!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

jammerroy wrote:
Hello,

29 years, Male Indian.

Academic background:

Professional background:
•Goldman Sachs – 4 years
•Oracle – 2 years

Extra- Curricular:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello bhatsss1499,

I hope you are doing well. Your profile for the London Business School MBA program is strong and well-rounded. Your consistently high academic performance in both 12th grade and university showcases your strong foundation. Graduating from a top BBA program in India with a specialization in Finance from Christ University with a GPA of 3.84/4 is impressive and demonstrates your academic excellence. A GRE score of 330 is excellent and well above the average scores accepted by top MBA programs.

Your 3.5 years of experience at a New York-based hedge fund as a Financial Research Analyst, with a promotion within 1.5 years, indicates your rapid career progression and skills in financial analysis. Your internship at Goldman Sachs adds value to your resume by showing exposure to a prestigious financial institution. Pursuing a PGD in Applied Psychology part-time while working highlights your dedication to continuous learning and your ability to balance multiple commitments.

Completing an apprenticeship in design and tattooing showcases your creativity and ability to pursue diverse interests. A letter of recommendation from your reporting manager holds significant weight, especially if they can speak to your skills, work ethic, and potential. Your goal of working in PE/VC in London is well-defined and aligned with the opportunities an MBA can provide. While you have a diverse range of extracurriculars, highlighting any leadership roles or impactful contributions in these areas could further enhance your application.

Overall, your profile appears quite competitive for the LBS MBA program. Your strong academic record, impressive GRE score, work experience at a reputable hedge fund, internship at Goldman Sachs, and clear career goals align well with LBS's values and goals. To further enhance your application, focus on highlighting your leadership experiences, impact, and unique qualities in your essays. Discuss how your experiences have shaped your desire to work in PE/VC in London and how LBS's program specifically aligns with your goals. Your part-time study in applied psychology could also be an interesting aspect to discuss in your application.

Keep in mind that while your profile is strong, admission to top-tier MBA programs is competitive. Make sure to craft compelling essays, secure strong letters of recommendation, and present a well-rounded picture of yourself in your application.

Good luck with your application to LBS!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

bhatsss1499 wrote:
Hi, can someone please evaluate my profile?

Indian, Female, 24yo
12th grade - 95.2%
University - Top 3 BBA in India (Christ) with a specialisation in Finance - GPA 3.84/4
Interned at Goldman Sachs
Work ex - 3.5 years so far at a New York based hedge fund
Role - Financial Research Analyst (promoted in 1.5 years)
GRE - 330
Extracurriculars - PGD in Applied Psychology (pursued part-time while working), completed an apprenticeship in design and tattooing
LOR from Associate Director at the firm, he is my reporting manager
Post MBA goals - work at a PE/VC in London

Please do let me know if my profile is lacking in any areas, thanks in advance!

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8971 [0]
Given Kudos: 3039
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
The first application deadline for the August 2024 MBA intake is Friday 8 September 2023, 17.00 (UK time).
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [0]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Friendly Reminder: LBS MBA Application Walkthrough with Cassandra Pittman (Fortuna Admissions) is starting shortly.

8:00 AM PST / 11:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM GMT
Join Here

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Does anyone know the latest average GRE score and GRE range of the 2023 intake?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello bhatsss1499,

I hope you are doing well. For the MBA program's 2023 intake, the average verbal GRE score was 158, while the average quantitative GRE score was 164. Within the class, verbal scores ranged from 152 to 170, and quantitative scores ranged from 155 to 170.

It's important to keep in mind that the admissions committee considers more than GRE scores when evaluating applicants. Factors like GPA, work experience, essays and letters of recommendation also play a role. So even if your GRE score falls below the average, you still have a chance for admission if you excel in areas.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
MBA and Beyond

bhatsss1499 wrote:
Does anyone know the latest average GRE score and GRE range of the 2023 intake?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  36   
Moderator:
LBS Moderator
24 posts