GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
LBS 2 members online out of 2594
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Those with an invite, have you received a link to Kira?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
fakerleblanc wrote:
Just got an invite, timing suggests they’re not batched.

Ok. I am a bit worried then 😅😅. Haven’t got rejection mail as well.

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
750hopeful750 wrote:
Those with an invite, have you received a link to Kira?

­It looks like the 8th is when the Kira link will be sent out on my end - what does it say on yours? 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ding😏

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Not gonna lie, I was not expecting a ding here! Rather disappointing...

Im on the same boat here, felt pretty confident about LBS.

Dinged too, congrats to everyone who got an invite and best of luck!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ding😏. Huge congratulations to everyone who got an invite. Best wishes with interview preps
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Btw dont forget to check your spam folder, my email went there even though I’ve been getting several emails from LBS :roll:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haven’t received anything yet, anyone else in the same boat?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received an invite!­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prashasti23 wrote:
Haven’t received anything yet, anyone else in the same boat?

Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Jezrien wrote:
Btw dont forget to check your spam folder, my email went there even though I’ve been getting several emails from LBS :roll:

Same. Made it feel even more hurtful that it ended up in the rejected pile when I saw my ding 😅
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cosmon wrote:
Same here

Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who got a rejection/invite, did the portal update too?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cosmon wrote:
Those who got a rejection/invite, did the portal update too? Posted from my mobile device

No still stays TBA
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
On whether one should reapply
“This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is intense every year“😂😂😂😂. Anyone specifically invited to reapply?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cosmon wrote:
Those who got a rejection/invite, did the portal update too? Posted from my mobile device

Nope,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CM7 wrote:
On whether one should reapply “This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is intense every year“😂😂😂😂. Anyone specifically invited to reapply?

Not me lol
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ding. But honestly expected an interview. But nonetheless. All the best to you guys.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was looking forward to telling people I went to school with F1 driver Nicolas "GOATIFI" Latifi himself, but alas...
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I see that many Indian male applicants are being rejected outright by UK schools this time. Do you have any idea why this is happening?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­I a assuming another bath of emails will be sent within the next few hours? As I haven’t recevied any communication yet rejection or invite. Anyone else in the same boat. 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Got an invite! Does anyone know what the interview process is like? I heard it’s intense and includes a case study, lol. Wishing everyone who got dinged all luck with their other schools <3­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got an invite at 6:24pm. Pleasantly surprised. Seeing as if my GMAT wasn’t great.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
StethoscopeClerk wrote:
Got an invite at 6:24pm. Pleasantly surprised. Seeing as if my GMAT wasn’t great. Posted from my mobile device

What was your score if you don’t mind me asking?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Congrats to those who received the interview invites.

I made a post here covering the format, tips to excel and some past questions for the KIRA Video Essay and Alum Interview.

Feel free to reach out if you’d like to book a mock. All the best!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prashasti23 wrote:
Haven’t received anything yet, anyone else in the same boat? Posted from my mobile device

Same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got an invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
congratulations to everyone else who secured an invite and all the best to the others!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone yet to receive any email ?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CM7 wrote:
StethoscopeClerk wrote:
Got an invite at 6:24pm. Pleasantly surprised. Seeing as if my GMAT wasn’t great. Posted from my mobile device

What was your score if you don’t mind me asking?

Of course. Thanks for asking so nicely.
It was 680 classic gmat.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
StethoscopeClerk wrote:
Of course. Thanks for asking so nicely. It was 680 classic gmat.

To be fair I think you were alright. They deal with a range of at least 600 I think so if you had other outstanding achievements it puts you in a whole different place. Again, congrats on the invite, best wishes for the interview preps and smash those interviews.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rammyreddy782 wrote:

Yes, I didn’t receive anything yet. I feel it’ll be like Oxford. Silence on the deadline day & rejection on the next day.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
cosmon wrote:
Rammyreddy782 wrote:

Yes, I didn’t receive anything yet. I feel it’ll be like Oxford. Silence on the deadline day & rejection on the next day.

So you mean rejection is inevitable 😅😅
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chakri1997 wrote:
I see that many Indian male applicants are being rejected outright by UK schools this time. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Just like to add on here that I’m from Indian bg and got the invite. So it’s not blanket rejection for Indians at least

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am pretty confident that there will be many male Indian candodates in the MBA at LBS and every other major MBA across the globe this year..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CM7 wrote:
cosmon wrote:

No still stays TBA

On whether one should reapply
“This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is intense every year“😂😂😂😂. Anyone specifically invited to reapply?

Jesus Christmas that is borderline menacing. Kind of like GTFO if we don’t ask you to reapply.­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I still haven’t heard from the school.. anyone else here?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prashasti23 wrote:
I still haven’t heard from the school.. anyone else here?

I haven’t heard back yet.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prashasti23 wrote:
I still haven’t heard from the school.. anyone else here? Posted from my mobile device

Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shubhamperiwal wrote:
Just like to add on here that I’m from Indian bg and got the invite. So it’s not blanket rejection for Indians at least Posted from my mobile device

good to hear this. I was surprised to see lot of dings earlier in the chat. May be its because of the volume of applicants.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rammyreddy782 wrote:

a mentee of mine heard back a day or two after the (bulk) announcement day in R1, so there’s that possibility
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
admitStreet wrote:
Rammyreddy782 wrote:

a mentee of mine heard back a day or two after the (bulk) announcement day in R1, so there’s that possibility

So late reply doesn’t mean a reject right ?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Rammyreddy782 wrote:
So late reply doesn’t mean a reject right ? Posted from my mobile device

not necessarily
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys....
We are assessing leasing market for smartphones...Can you please spare some time to fill the form. It wont take more than 5 mins.

I am actually working on a case study

PS: No email ids and personal data is collected through this form. Thanks a lot in advance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have also not heard anything. Does no interview/rejection notification mean a ding?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys - does anyone have any info on the entire tuition breakup for the LBS MBA? I’m trying to find it on their website, but I don’t see any breakup beyond the commitment and reservation fees.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
115k gbp
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Commit/reservation fees included in that number
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yesterday on the informal chat one admission officer said that the Laidlaw scholarship application details would be sent out within the day. Have you received it? I wanted to know if I was considered or not to start preparation
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When will we be matched with an alum?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was wondering if anyone got matched with an alumni for interview yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It could take a week or two (sometimes more) depending on your region/ matcher and alumni availability. I would start preparing, as the time window could be short
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dml94 wrote:
115k gbp

Is this inclusive of stay/accomodation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
in case study questions - can the candidate ask follow-up questions after getting the problem statement or has to work with what is told in frst go
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
*first
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone have a list of case study questions for prep?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anything done the KIRA interview? Wondering what type of question is it for the second question?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
carlshanlu wrote:
Has anything done the KIRA interview? Wondering what type of question is it for the second question?

­You could check here for some KIRA question formats and sample/ past questions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

carlshanlu wrote:

­Hey carlshanlu

Thank you for your post! 

As for your question, it’s unclear what you are asking, so let me help you with the different categories of questions generally asked in the interview. Some very common categories are:
  • Competency-Based Questions
  • Exploratory Questions
  • Goal-Based Questions
  • Domain Specific Questions
Also, you can look at the question Sets asked below to know what kind of questions you might encounter.

You can click on the given link to access all the various types of questions - Kira Talent Interview Questions.

Go through this once; if you have any more questions, please feel free to add more questions in the following threads.

Cheers

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865 ­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Usually how many days does after getting your match should one have the interview? Can we take like 5-7 days to sort of prepare?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You already had 9 days since the interview invites went out..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:
Usually how many days does after getting your match should one have the interview? Can we take like 5-7 days to sort of prepare?

I attended an event last Friday, they said they expect us to have the interview within 2 weeks after the match
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
but asap
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Okayyy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is anyone able to share the list of case study prompts for this year’s interviews?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone had the MiM interview? I had mine today
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi for the MBA applicants, anyone of you had your alumni interview conducted? reached out to my interviewer but pending a reply still
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
rockslayer96 I reached out to my alum 4 days ago but haven’t received a reply yet. So I followed up with another email today.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Case study prompts list anyone
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My alum suggested a date which is later than 2 weeks from the date of match. Will that impact in any sense?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi i just wanted to know if the interviewers go in depth on the technical aspects of our jobs? I have my interview and want to go through some things ? Or is it macroscopic in nature. My zoom meeting says 1 hour. I doubt there would be so much time given 30 mins for the interview. 15 mins for the case study. and 15 mins for my questions +10 mins in each section
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
+-10 mins **
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:
Hi i just wanted to know if the interviewers go in depth on the technical aspects of our jobs? I have my interview and want to go through some things ? Or is it macroscopic in nature. My zoom meeting says 1 hour. I doubt there would be so much time given 30 mins for the interview. 15 mins for the case study. and 15 mins for my questions +10 mins in each section

Emails from admissions answer all of this
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So I scheduled the interview based on the interviewer’s availability. I sent a meeting invite that they accepted. I was in the call for 50+ minutes and sent them a reminder 15 minutes into the call but I haven’t heard anything. What should I do in this situation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
oh damn, I am sure he/she will reschedule, all the best!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone know the case study prompts?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
just wondering if i can get some tips on the video essay.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any waitlist from R1 here waiting to hear back on 1st march ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
xrheisenberg0 wrote:
So I scheduled the interview based on the interviewer’s availability. I sent a meeting invite that they accepted. I was in the call for 50+ minutes and sent them a reminder 15 minutes into the call but I haven’t heard anything. What should I do in this situation?

The deadline for the interview was 25th, did they get back to you?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Who said interview deadline is 25th? Mine is scheduled on 1st Mar
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Simran2504 wrote:
Who said interview deadline is 25th? Mine is scheduled on 1st Mar

Which program have you applied for?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My MBA interview is also scheduled for 1st March
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My bad, I was talking about early careers!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I had my MBA interview yesterday. Notes if of interest to anyone:

- Kira Interview - Q1 was bad due to my computer freezing and I stopped talking after 60 seconds. Contacted the recruiting manager to let them know and sent a self recorded version (just in case)
- Interviewer rescheduled once but fairly responsive overall
- They were keen on having it take 1 hour vs the 90 minutes or 2 hours that LBS mentioned in their presentation
- Pretty informal from the onset, I was v honest about my motivations. Big selling point for me is the flexible nature and London as I am 30 (slightly older than US candidates, mentioned this and the interviewer thought it was a positive for LBS)
- They were interested in my story as I moved to the US when I was 17 and have been here since (went to college here, worked here and still live here)
- Prompt for the ’case’ was related to tech as I work as a GM at a startup. Pretty informal, I asked a few clarifying questions but fairly easy going, not a ton of pushback
- Different than other interviews as we didn’t cover all behavioral prompts. It was v informal besides why a MBA now and I try touching on why LBS, why London, clubs, long term career choices etc.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Similar experience, very informal interview - questions around ’walk me through your resume’, your achievements , weaknesses, Insead v. LBS, your views on your current employer (i work in e-comm space)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Hi any idea if LBS adcomm also looks at laidlaw scholarship application? or is it only reviewed by the team at the foundation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
did anyone get accepted from waitlist today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
can you give your stats?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Could anyone who knows where the eligibility criteria for the laidlaw scholarship given please share the link?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For those who got interview invites for R2, how did your interviews go? Today’s the deadline for interviewers to send the school their feedback 😬
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My interviewer was really cool. He had the same background pre MBA and he’s working in my ideal sector now. He’s relatively young but senior and I was nervous but he put me at ease!
I asked him to be my mentor and he agreed!

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Felt like it was a good conversation that both of us enjoyed (interviewer responded to the thank you email echoing the sentiment which was nice of them). They told me to reach out once I hear back/decide, they would be happy to help with anything I need if I end up going there.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
does the scholarship come with the admission result
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:

I found a detailed PDF on the portal that describes the timing.

https://apply.sbs.ox.ac.uk/www/document ... 20FAQs.pdf

Q. How will I know when scholarship decisions have been made?

Check your application portal for the latest updates. Successful candidates are contacted around one week after admissions decisions are made and will receive a status update notification via email. Scholarship offer letters will be added to the application portal to view under the ‘Status Update’ section. This letter will contain instructions on how to accept the offer and the deadline for acceptance.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CyclingCyclist wrote:
I found a detailed PDF on the portal that describes the timing. https://apply.sbs.ox.ac.uk/www/document ... 20FAQs.pdf Q. How will I know when scholarship decisions have been made? Check your application portal for the latest updates. Successful candidates are contacted around one week after admissions decisions are made and will receive a status update notification via email. Scholarship offer letters will be added to the application portal to view under the ‘Status Update’ section. This letter will contain instructions on how to accept the offer and the deadline for acceptance.

Wrong chat whoops :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:

2-4 weeks as per adcom

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ok cool
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey everyone, how will LBS perceive if I ask for an early decision? I have an offer, but the deadline for deposit is before LBS results declaration date
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin